ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 131
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Lakers remain unlikeable.

I still don't understand the (large) majority of Lakers fans that are cool with this approach.

The "hey, if we're winning, we're winning!" crowd. And right now they aren't even winning.

There's nothing endearing about this team of mercenaries at all. Hell, even Caruso is off somewhere else. Horton-Tucker is hurt.

The whole damn roster is made up of transient geriatrics and over-exposed bench players. I don't even root for this squad - it's just laundry. And its core is Mr. Glass, an old woke liar and a soulless chucker.

A difficult group to root for that plays an ugly and unentertaining style of basketball with no amount of sweat equity in these guys as a fan - it's a perfect storm of apathy.
Agreed on the Lakers.

And thanks for Caruso BTW :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Caruso is playing in Chicago and is quickly becoming a fan favorite with his spark off the bench and defense.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed on the Lakers.

And thanks for Caruso BTW :-)
And he was fairly cheap.

I didn't understand letting him walk at all. It just didn't make sense.

And then to trade for Westbrook instead of a PERFECT fit in Buddy Hield - ugh, just chasing headlines coming and going.

This team is MUCH better with Hield and Caruso than it is with Westbrook. It's not even close. I cannot understand for the life of me how seemingly smart basketball people thought otherwise.

Oh well - probably 2 more years away from being torn down to the studs again and maybe I can actually cheer for the next version.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:42 AM 11-09-2021

This team is MUCH better with Hield and Caruso than it is with Westbrook. It's not even close. I cannot understand for the life of me how seemingly smart basketball people thought otherwise.
You know the answer :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:50 AM 11-09-2021
My Bulls are looking legit.

I think we can at least make the ECF this year.
They've been fun to watch.

Adding Derozan alongside Lavine, Caruso and Donsunmu off the bench, actual defense getting played, closing out games...its like a 180
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:55 AM 11-09-2021
My Bulls are looking legit.

I think we can at least make the ECF this year.
You really think they can beat the Bucks or Nets in a 7 game series?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:10 PM 11-09-2021
You don't want to get hit in the back, don't hip check a dude and then turn your back on him like you're some kind of gangster.

This shot could've just as easily hurt Jokic. The real issue isn't even the elbow to the exposed ribs - he took a knee into his legs on what was a clear 'take foul' situation. That really coulda done some damage to Jokic's knees if he comes down wrong.

And Jokic gets a lot of cheap shots from guys. He's a big dude and he's typically pretty chill. Well good on him for making it clear that he's not taking that nonsense.

Morris thought he'd get a shot in and then be all billy badass about it and saunter away like he's king shit. Welp, Jokic put an end to that thinking in a hurry.

And Butler - you want no part of Jokic, man. Neither do the Morris twins. Because lets face it, even if you somehow managed to 'win', his brothers (especially that big ol' lummox; the oldest) will tie you up and throw you in some serbian scrapyard for their dogs to work on for awhile.

Those guys know where some bodies are buried.

Marcus Morris and the Jokic brothers on last night's wild scene involving Markieff and Nikola 👀

The Jokic bros just joined Twitter today, per @msinger. pic.twitter.com/qUZIO1DfWZ

— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) November 9, 2021

Jokic brothers have logged on.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:13 PM 11-09-2021
The Lakers remain unlikeable.

I still don't understand the (large) majority of Lakers fans that are cool with this approach.

The "hey, if we're winning, we're winning!" crowd. And right now they aren't even winning.

There's nothing endearing about this team of mercenaries at all. Hell, even Caruso is off somewhere else. Horton-Tucker is hurt.

The whole damn roster is made up of transient geriatrics and over-exposed bench players. I don't even root for this squad - it's just laundry. And its core is Mr. Glass, an old woke liar and a soulless chucker.

A difficult group to root for that plays an ugly and unentertaining style of basketball with no amount of sweat equity in these guys as a fan - it's a perfect storm of apathy.
I've never liked watching a LeBron team less than this garbage Lakers team. Now it obviously doesn't help that he doesn't play half the games due to injury/rest these days, but that team construction is an absolute disaster. LeBron and a completely washed Westbrook do not fit and will never fit. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:15 PM 11-09-2021
Oh and AD doesn't get a pass either. That guy floats through most of the games he plays without any intensity at all.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:16 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You really think they can beat the Bucks or Nets in a 7 game series?
Not a chance. I believe Demar is the worst playoff performer statistically in history or something like that. Very good regular season guy, though, so I expect the Bulls could rack up some wins here.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Oh and AD doesn't get a pass either. That guy floats through most of the games he plays without any intensity at all.
Believe us, we all know everybody but Lebron doesn’t get a pass from you!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:22 PM 11-09-2021
Believe us, we all know everybody but Lebron doesn’t get a pass form you!
Well that's pretty much a rule of mine. LeBron has actually played pretty well this year too when he's been out there. Don't think you can expect much more than 40-50 games out of him a season at this point, though. Believe he's like the 3rd oldest player in the league.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:25 PM 11-09-2021
Well that's pretty much a rule of mine. LeBron has actually played pretty well this year too when he's been out there. Don't think you can expect much more than 40-50 games out of him a season at this point, though. Believe he's like the 3rd oldest player in the league.
This is HIS team. How many times does he have to build a team before you realize this is how he wants it?

Melo: “you the GM”

Even the players know it :-)

Also, why does he get a pass for continuously quitting on his team during games? :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:33 PM 11-09-2021
Not a chance. I believe Demar is the worst playoff performer statistically in history or something like that. Very good regular season guy, though, so I expect the Bulls could rack up some wins here.
The Bucks have been on championship cruise control but they will get it together at some point. I have seen a couple of Bulls games and I like them and will root for them but I don't think they could beat either of those teams in a 7 game series.

But now that I think about it they could go to the ECF like how the Hawks did last year, by avoiding either team until the ECF.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:14 PM 11-09-2021
This is HIS team. How many times does he have to build a team before you realize this is how he wants it?

Melo: “you the GM”

Even the players know it :-)

Also, why does he get a pass for continuously quitting on his team during games? :-)
I don’t vouch for LeBron as a GM, only as a player (of which he is the GOAT). If he had anything to do with this roster construction, they should take away the keys from him immediately.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:15 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The Bucks have been on championship cruise control but they will get it together at some point. I have seen a couple of Bulls games and I like them and will root for them but I don't think they could beat either of those teams in a 7 game series.

But now that I think about it they could go to the ECF like how the Hawks did last year, by avoiding either team until the ECF.
Well it’s not impossible but if Kyrie is playing and the Bucks are at full strength, they’re the two best teams in the East.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 131
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up