ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you do with coins as change?
I donate it to beggars 2 4.08%
I run it through a change machine that charges 10% 6 12.24%
My bank loves change, except for the tellers. 13 26.53%
I keep it in a jar with no idea how to cash it in for its value 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you with the coinage received as change?
Stewie 08:01 PM 05-19-2022
Pennies, nickels, dimes...

What do you do with them?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:59 AM 05-20-2022
we have a coffee can that we throw it in and allow it to collect over time. We allow that to accrue over time and then we take it to the bank to cash it in before we go on vacation. It typically isn't a lot of money, but if we are flying somewhere we will use that money for food and drinks while we travel and stuff like that.

So, I guess its a combination of the last two options in your POLE
[Reply]
scho63 11:46 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I put it in a wrist rocket
Wow, wrist rockets were some fucking weapons back in the 70's and 80's.

We used to shoot marbles and ball bearings and hit bottles, cans and wood targets. Those things could do serious damage.

When someone fucked around and shot someone with one it would penetrate the skin or leave a massive welt.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:55 PM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wow, wrist rockets were some fucking weapons back in the 70's and 80's.

We used to shoot marbles and ball bearings and hit bottles, cans and wood targets. Those things could do serious damage.

When someone fucked around and shot someone with one it would penetrate the skin or leave a massive welt.
You ever paid a hooker with change?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 PM 05-20-2022
Don’t buy much with cash.

Probably 6 years ago I took some coins to the bank. I think if you don’t make them put it through a coin counter they don’t charge you.

I think all the subsequent coins ended up in my kids piggy banks.
[Reply]
notorious 02:15 PM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
"I'll give you the change in my ashtray or this leftover chili-cheese burrito for a blow"
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:53 PM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Funny story about strippers and change

We were in San Diego for training exercises, we finish early on Thursday and don’t have to be in until late Friday afternoon for a night training exercise. So a group of us go out to dinner, a couple bars, and then the strip club. A guy we called Squirrel, he was nutty as squirrel shit, was super pissed that the girls were not to his liking.

So he left, came back 10 minutes later with his pockets full of nickels. He starts his actions by slowly rolling them onto the stage, when that didn’t get the reaction he required. He then started to bounce them like he was playing quarters. This got some reaction so he was content for a little while, but soon became bored. Then he kicked it up.

He soon began to hurl the nickels like he was throwing out runners at home plate from the outfield. Seriously, he was taking a running crow hop and burning these things at strippers. Luckily he was too drunk to aim well and was missing most of the throws. Nobody outside the group knew what was going on so he wasn’t asked to stop or leave. Then he hit the big ass mirror that was hanging about 8 feet up the back wall. That drew in some attention, his next throw brought on the thunder. He assumed that the breaking mirror started the timer on his soon to come exit. So he loaded up a handful and burned them at the 3 girls on stage.

This brought out the bouncers, which brought us out, which brought out the cops that were called. All but Squirrel was able to run from the cops, he was to busy trying to get into a van that he thought was ours. We didn’t bring a vehicle, we were dropped off. He was given some extra work from the boss man after he had to go bail out Squirrel.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:19 AM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by mac459:
Funny story about strippers and change
Tossing change at strippers is a classic drunken shenanigan that is referred to as "making it hail". It rarely ends well.
[Reply]
Pointer19 02:31 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I even try to keep my pre-1964 coins in a separate one.
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yeah, don't see much of the silver anymore. They have a different feel...
You can sell every dollar's worth of pre-'65 quarters, dimes, and half dollars for a $20 bill any day of the week. I got into collecting/stacking silver as a way of diversifying my savings away from strictly digits in a computer so I've got a few bucks worth of old coins.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up