ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock
kccrow 06:31 PM 04-20-2022
Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
[Reply]
kccrow 04:14 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Im trying not to get to locked on to any position or player for that matter. Veach has surprised us all, every year. If people are being reasonable, there is no reason to doubt Mr. Veach at this point. Therefor NO reason to freak out at whatever he does. I cant wait to see how it plays out!!

Im only guessing because thats all we can do, my guess is Edge and WR in round 1.

If that turns out to be Edge and CB/S, sweet.

If its WR and CB/S and he waits on Edge? How would you feel about that?
I wouldn't freak out. There's a solid group of guys in Mafe, Jackson, Thomas, Ebiketie, Williams, or Paschal and at least a few of them should be available at 50. Now if he waits until 62, that could be problematic.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:41 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think Stingley will be lucky to crack the top 20, and he should feel good if he's a 1st round pick. He hasn't been good or healthy at the same time in a couple of years.

Sauce Gardner is probably the top pick at CB. I wouldn't bet against Booth and McDuffie going ahead of Stingley too.
What
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:50 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Here's my stab at what Veach will actually do:

1-6. ER Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon (KC trades 1-29, 1-30, 3-94 to CAR for 1-6)
Here's what we know, when it comes to fixing an issue Veach is incredibly aggressive. So with that, I fully believe that Veach acquired draft capital in order to go get an upper-tier pass rusher in this draft. From a pure pass rush standpoint, there's probably not a better player in this draft than Thibodeaux. If his demeanor truly has rubbed some teams the wrong way, he's going to be a value outside of the top 3. Carolina is a perfect trade partner in the top 10 as they lack picks and they are outside the division and conference. I think Veach can work both Carolina's need for picks and Thibodeaux's potential devaluation to make a move and secure a top edge.

2-50. CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA
After losing Ward, CB is a legitimately enormous need for KC that's being extremely underplayed. We've caught wind of the Chiefs looking at a ton of late-round corners but not many early on. I believe, though, KC is taking one much earlier than expected and they did have a pre-draft virtual with Woolen. Woolen has only played CB for two years but he's got special tools. Being 6'4" with a 42" vertical and 4.26 speed is special, but he's also shown extremely smooth hips and especially for his size. Getting a big, long corner again is probably on the docket and Woolen could be an absolute stud after a couple of seasons. This is Veach's 2022 big-dick swing at traits like he's made in the past with guys like Willie Gay and Mecole Hardman.

2-62. WR John Metchie III, Alabama
Metchie is every bit as good as, if not better than, Jahan Dotson who is regarded as a late 1st rounder. Metchie tore his ACL later in the season so may not make much of an impact in 2022 but KC really doesn't need him to be a playmaker right now. Metchie can learn the playbook and come back ready to secure a starting role in 2023.

3-103. WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech
Ezukanma is a very intriguing WR and the Chiefs didn't have him in for a visit for nothing. He's got some major upside that was held back by subpar QB play during his career. He's got a lot of JuJu in him and could easily be a late-day-two selection that far exceeds his stock.

4-121. RB Rachaad White, Arizona State
The Chiefs have no doubt at least been looking at RBs and the one thing that pops for me looking at the core stable they have is that they lost the speed and pass-catching element they had with Jerick McKinnon. I think their visit with White was very telling in that they want more from the position long-term. The signing of Jones to a 1-year deal means they aren't satisfied with just CEH either (at least in my mind).

4-135. OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
The Chiefs were looking at Diesch early on and his ability in the passing game is no doubt intriguing. I don't love his shorter arms at tackle but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet. I think that Veach is going to tend to go back towards a bit more athleticism on the perimeter OLine.

6-200. TE Lucas Krull, Pittsburgh (KC trades 7-233, 7-243 to NE for 6-200)
The Chiefs have seemed intent on looking at adding another TE and Krull definitely fits as a nice project to work with. He's solid as a receiver and has time to develop behind Kelce. I think his passion is a definite plus, and so is the fact he's a local kid.

7-251. CB Samuel Womack, Toledo
Womack is a guy that you look at primarily as a nickel corner but the Chiefs are lacking in that area a bit with the free-agent losses of Tyrann Mathieu and Mike Hughes. Womack isn't likely physical enough as a tackler to make a move to free safety but he is disruptive as a corner with a tone of PBUs and he has the agility to play in the slot.

7-259. S Nasir Greer, Wake Forest
Providing his medicals were in line during his top-30 visit, I can see Greer as the type of player Veach would take a swing at late. Greer looked like an elite player in the making early in his career before a torn ACL took him out in 2020 which was followed by a very down and inconsistent year in 2021 where he didn't look 100% back. The Chiefs don't have a standout need at S this season.

I like the thought. I can see it.

I think I’m the only person who isn’t enamored with Woolen. I just don’t trust him that high. And I know he probably will go that high.

But he seems like the kind of raw, super fast athlete that Al Davis spent the end of his life failing with to me…
[Reply]
JPH83 01:23 AM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I like the thought. I can see it.

I think I’m the only person who isn’t enamored with Woolen. I just don’t trust him that high. And I know he probably will go that high.

But he seems like the kind of raw, super fast athlete that Al Davis spent the end of his life failing with to me…
Nope, I agree on Woolen. Think it's a massive projection based on athleticism. Probably a high ceiling low floor, and I might not hate it. But I'm way lower on him than some of these boards.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:31 AM 04-25-2022
#29. DE Mafe
#30. WR Dotson
#50. Someone falls here: Wyatt, Ojabo, Pickens, Dean, Elam, Pitre
#62. CB Woolen
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:27 AM 04-25-2022
My very first Mock on a simulator...

If you havent tried it, its WAY harder than you think.

29 Mafe Edge - huge run on edge. Mafe/Ebiketie left
30 Watson WR - Again, huge run. Wanted Burks who went 28. Watson/Pickens

50 Winfrey DT - Beast, position of need. Winfrey/Mathis
62 Williams Edge - Need two, happy he was there. Williams/Paschal left

94 Chenal LB - To good to pass, LB now solid. Chenal/Anderson hard to decide
103 Dulcich TE - Stud, learn from best TE EVER, insurance for Kelce

121 Diesch OT - Starter day one at RT. Niang can be swing T
135 Philips WR - Underrated wr, security blanket, next Renfrow.

233 A. Anderson Edge - Way to good to pass up here. Risky but its 233.
243 Noah Ellis DL - Great value, also position of need. Immediate rotation
251 Kevin Harris RB - WOW, this has to be the guy Veach is thinking about.
259 Luke Wattenberg IOL - back up C/G He can play.

I felt really good about this but I completely whiffed on CB and S!! Every round I thought I could get one later but NO!
ITS WAY HARD! But SO FUN!
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:09 AM 04-25-2022
I like this one...a great haul. I probably would have gone "best corner" (Zyon McCollum) at #103, but Dulcich is still a good addition. I would probably have taken Anderson at #94, but Chenal is a good player as well. Adam Anderson at 233 I like, and I like Ellis to make the team in 2023. Good work!
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:17 PM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I like this one...a great haul. I probably would have gone "best corner" (Zyon McCollum) at #103, but Dulcich is still a good addition. I would probably have taken Anderson at #94, but Chenal is a good player as well. Adam Anderson at 233 I like, and I like Ellis to make the team in 2023. Good work!
Thanks Man! It is much harder than it looks. I was shocked that I couldnt or didnt land a CB.
I LOVE Anderson at LB, that was a tough one for sure, just had to give the slight edge to Chenal. Id be happy with either.

Im worried about Kelce or not having anyone behind him. I think Dulcich would be amazing and solve a REAL problem.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:25 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Alright. The chiefs have 38 roster locks and 8 bubble players by my estimate.
QB: Mahomes, Buechle, Henne (0 need)
RB: Helaire, Jones, Williams, Gore, Burton (0 need)
WR: Scantling, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, (bubble: Gordon, Dieter, Fountain) (need 2-3, only MVS is on contract next year)
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell (0 need)
OT: Brown, Wylie, Niang, (bubble: Wanogho) (need 1)
IOL: Humphrey, Smith, Thuney, Router, Allegretti (0 need)
DE: Clark, Danna (bubble: Kaindoh) (need 2-3, Clark gone after this year.)
DT: Jones, Nnadi, Saunders, Wharton (need 1)
LB: Bolton, Gay (bubble: Harris) (need 2-3)
CB: Sneed, Fenton (bubble: Baker, Barcoo) (need 2-3)
S: Reid, Thornhill (bubble: Bush) (need 1-2)
ST: Butker, Townsend, Winchester

Overall this means that the Chiefs need to add 11-16 players to compete for roster spots between the draft and PFAs.

To compete for starting positions, the chiefs need 1 DE, 1 WR, 1 LB, 1 DT, and 1 CB. 1 S is also critically important.
Just wanted to revisit this following the first three rounds. For critical needs, I think we still need a DT. The chiefs may consider another 1-2 WR critical as well to provide continuity into 2023.

To challenge bubble players, we need:
1-2 Edge (depending on internal assessment of Kaindoh and prospective veteran signings)
1-2 CB
0-1 S (depending on the assessment of Bush as a roster lock vs bubble)
0-1 OT (depending on the internal assessment of Wanogho)

Anyone else see roster gaps that need increased competition? Any differences of opinion on roster locks versus bubble players?
[Reply]
kccrow 12:32 AM 04-30-2022
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne, S. Buechele, A. Gordon
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Jones, D. Gore, B. Knox
FB: M. Burton
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson, B. Bell, 5 other guys
WR: J. Smith-Schuster, M. Valdes-Scantling, M. Hardman, S. Moore, J. Gordon, C. Coleman, D. Fountain, J. Watson, C. Powell, G. Jennings, O. Bayless
OT: O. Brown Jr, G. Christian, A. Wylie, L. Niang, R. Johnson (OG?), P. Wanogho
OG: T. Smith, J. Thuney, N. Allegretti
OC: C. Humphrey, A. Reiter, D. Williams

DE: F. Clark, G. Karlaftis, M. Danna, J. Kaindoh, M. Herring, J. Woodard, A. Edwards
DT: C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Stallworth, T. Wharton, K. Saunders, C. Broughton, L. Neal, D. Stills
LB: N. Bolton, W. Gay, L. Chenal, J. Carter, E. Lee, D. Harris
CB: L. Sneed, T. McDuffie, R. Fenton, D. Baker, L. Barcoo, D. Bootle, B. Dandridge
SF: J. Reid, J. Thornhill, B. Cook, D. Bush, Z. Anderson, D. Key

ST: T. Townsend, H. Butker, J. Winchester

Bolded guys I see as pretty much locks.
QB(0) - Probably not unless Howell falls to the 5th and they just see a nice value for a longer-term backup they can flip for more later
RB(1) - I don't doubt they add a guy to this stable, especially a guy that has some speed and can catch
TE(1) - Not a guy on this roster is capable of replacing Kelce in the event of a catastrophe and there are at least 4 on the board now that are better prospects than anything we have.
WR(0) - They have plenty to pick from plus UDFAs, so I'll be surprised unless value slaps them squarely in the face.
OT(1) - 2 guys on 1-year deals and Niang's future is up in the air.
OG(0) - They'll have depth from the tackles spot or can hang onto a guy like Johnson
OC(0) - They're good.
DE(1) - Could definitely use another guy but there's not much left on the vine. Might end up filling this with a FA.
DT(0) - As much as I'd like one, they don't "need" one. Might have their eyes on the future though.
LB(0) - This is a very solid stable now.
CB(1) - Definitely need at least one more and could use some UDFAs to compete too
SF(0) - Don't see much need except UDFA camp fodder.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:30 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm going to laugh if Veach trades up for a CB.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm really going to laugh if we don't take a WR in the first round. The amount of bitching and whining between the end of round 1 and our pick at 50 is going to be amazing to watch.

Not mocking you here with that, lol. Just a pretty solid take when everyone and their mothers were expecting us to take a receiver and not even sniff a corner.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:26 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Not mocking you here with that, lol. Just a pretty solid take when everyone and their mothers were expecting us to take a receiver and not even sniff a corner.
I laughed during the entire first round. That also could have been because I kept seeing Superturtle’s picture.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up