ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 417 of 3903
« First < 317367407413414415416417 4184194204214274675179171417 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 AM 03-18-2020
Why are we bailing out the cruise lines with federal money? They are based in Liberia, Panama etc to avoid paying any federal taxes. They have paid exactly zero $’s over the years. Now, they want our money that they avoided and pocketed their saved money.

If we bail their ass out with our tax $’s we should make them register in the USA and pay federal taxes in the future.
[Reply]
notorious 11:28 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why are we bailing out the cruise lines with federal money? They are based in Liberia, Panama etc to avoid paying any federal taxes. They have paid exactly zero $’s over the years. Now, they want our money that they avoided and pocketed their saved money.

If we bail their ass out with our tax $’s we should make them register in the USA and pay federal taxes in the future.
Yep.

Fuck them.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:30 AM 03-18-2020

Is that actually happening? All I'm hearing is airlines right now. Although the Big 3 automakers I'm sure will be reminding us soon about how they're too big to fail.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:32 AM 03-18-2020
:-)
Originally Posted by Donger:
Sounds like reciprocation is in order!

[Reply]
TLO 11:32 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
There is work on a self testing kit
That's it?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:33 AM 03-18-2020
looking at the numbers in Italy this explains why China peaked at a few thousand fatalities (so far). They enacted suppression, turning potential millions into thousands. And why much of the West is doing the same now. There is no alternative, especially without masks for much of the population!
[Reply]
notorious 03-18-2020, 11:35 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
BigRedChief 11:39 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Is that actually happening? All I'm hearing is airlines right now. Although the Big 3 automakers I'm sure will be reminding us soon about how they're too big to fail.
and **** the airlines too. They treat us like shit, we are cattle.

Let the Airlines go into bankruptcy. Only shareholders care about bankruptcy. Warren Buffett is the largest shareholder of airline stock. He’ll be fine. They got hundreds of billions of $’s in the tax cut package a couple of years ago. They used 96% of the money to do stock buybacks to enrich their shareholders.

People are suffering and it’s going to get worse. Airlines went bankrupt before and we were fine. Flights will still fly as long as there is demand. Isn’t that all we care about?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:46 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
looking at the numbers in Italy this explains why China peaked at a few thousand fatalities (so far). They enacted suppression, turning potential millions into thousands. And why much of the West is doing the same now. There is no alternative, especially without masks for much of the population!
Freedom has a cost.
[Reply]
Donger 11:47 AM 03-18-2020
Looks like we're going to surpass France shortly.
[Reply]
notorious 11:47 AM 03-18-2020
Large companies that fail create opportunity for small companies to step up and succeed.

I am tired of propping up failing models.
[Reply]
KC Dan 11:49 AM 03-18-2020
Yeah, we have a few more people than Italy.

60mil vs. 320mil
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:50 AM 03-18-2020
and **** the airlines too. They treat us like shit, we are cattle.

Let the Airlines go into bankruptcy. Only shareholders care about bankruptcy. Warren Buffett is the largest shareholder of airline stock. He’ll be fine. They got hundreds of billions of $’s in the tax cut package a couple of years ago. They used 96% of the money to do stock buybacks to enrich their shareholders.

People are suffering and it’s going to get worse. Airlines went bankrupt before and we were fine. Flights will still fly as long as there is demand. Isn’t that all we care about?
If that's true, there is no way they should be bailed out again.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:51 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep.

**** them.
Agreed.

Fuck those pieces of shit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:54 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If that's true, there is no way they should be bailed out again.
easily googled. They are public stock companies. They have to disclose how they spent the money.

U.S. Airlines Spent 96% of Free Cash Flow on Buybacks

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...buybacks-chart
[Reply]
wazu 11:54 AM 03-18-2020
I have no doubt we've already far surpassed them. I would bet we're closer to China.
[Reply]
Page 417 of 3903
« First < 317367407413414415416417 4184194204214274675179171417 > Last »
Up