ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 270
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 07:26 PM 03-06-2023
I’d rather keep JuJu. Fits the offense, plays off Kelce well, and is still only 26.

His Super Bowl performance is greatly underrated.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:56 PM 03-06-2023
someone please break his knees so this thread will die. It bleeds over
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:58 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
I’d rather keep JuJu. Fits the offense, plays off Kelce well, and is still only 26.

He wants to get paid. I'd like to keep him, but not for what he's apparently worth out there. Maybe (hopefully) he'll come back on a discount.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:01 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

Juju did his job here but I'm not giving 18-20 AAV to a guy that already needs to get his knees drained multiple times a season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:04 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We're going to need another really good draft. Period.

We'll pick up some bargains late in FA, but we're going to have to grow our own for a couple of years. It's just the way it is.
I’ve been told that isn’t going to happen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:05 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I know, right?

Except it is.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:05 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So we need a LT, RT, DE and S.

And apparently we have no money.

Kiss this F/A -Trade WR shit goodbye. It aint happening.

Womp womp womp
Pretty much precisely what I’ve been saying all along.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:06 PM 03-06-2023
We'll probably end up with Lazard. Though he really doesn't fit the profile. If we do end up with him, I hope he drops fewer balls in 2023.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:09 PM 03-06-2023
Some of us have been logical all along. Some of us have not.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:12 PM 03-06-2023
He’s been playing on one year deals for 2 yrs. I’m not 100% sure his market isn’t a little overstated but if not I still think they can get him for less if they’re willing to go like 3 yrs 36 million.

Gives him security and at 26/27 yrs old, I think he’s worth the gamble. He just fits too damn well.

I won’t get too worked up either way.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 PM 03-06-2023
I know, right?

Except it is.
Yeah we just need to draft…checks notes….a starting DE, a LT and a wr

Shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve been assured to expect 6 or 7 starters from every draft that’s definitely the new norm
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:15 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So we need a LT, RT, DE and S.

And apparently we have no money.

Kiss this F/A -Trade WR shit goodbye. It aint happening.

Womp womp womp

Theres 17m in space and 33m is easily cleared with a mahomes restructure.

The chiefs can do whatever they want in free agency over the next couple of years with mahomes managable cap hits for the next 4 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:21 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah we just need to draft…checks notes….a starting DE, a LT and a wr

Shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve been assured to expect 6 or 7 starters from every draft that’s definitely the new norm
You hedge your bets with vet bargains, but that's what you try to do, yes.

We don't need a draftee to start at WR, which is good because they almost certainly wouldn't no matter what in Reid's offense.

You bet your ass we're going to draft an OT and a DE too; maybe more than one each. And you can also safely assume that they will sign vets at less than top of the market as insurance policies.

That's assuming we don't just sign some guys outright, or possibly trade for them.

Nobody expects 6 or 7 starters. But you're going to have to draft well or you're fucked with a QB eating 23% of your cap. Period. There's no way around it.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining this to you like you're four fucking years old, but it's getting tiresome.

No QB in the history of the NFL post free agency had ever won a SB with a cap number above like 13% and change. Mahomes did it at 17% this year. Not Brady, not Manning. Nobody. Previous high was Steve Young in '94.

You're going to have to build your team through the draft, period. Add thrifty free agents to fill holes, but by and large you're going to have to draft well or you're screwed.

You HAVE to spread out your cap dollars.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:23 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Juju did his job here but I'm not giving 18-20 AAV to a guy that already needs to get his knees drained multiple times a season.
No one is giving him that.

Where do you guys keep getting this 18-20 number?

Market Value is 14.6
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c.../market-value/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:25 PM 03-06-2023
You hedge your bets with vet bargains, but that's what you try to do, yes.

We don't need a draftee to start at WR, which is good because they almost certainly wouldn't no matter what in Reid's offense.

You bet your ass we're going to draft an OT and a DE too; maybe more than one each. And you can also safely assume that they will sign vets at less than top of the market as insurance policies.

That's assuming we don't just sign some guys outright, or possibly trade for them.

Nobody expects 6 or 7 starters. But you're going to have to draft well or you're fucked with a QB eating 23% of your cap. Period. There's no way around it.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining this to you like you're four fucking years old, but it's getting tiresome.

No QB in the history of the NFL post free agency had ever won a SB with a cap number above like 13% and change. Mahomes did it at 17% this year. Not Brady, not Manning. Nobody. Previous high was Steve Young in '94.

You're going to have to build your team through the draft, period. Add thrifty free agents to fill holes, but by and large you're going to have to draft well or you're screwed.

You HAVE to spread out your cap dollars.
One other thing that the Chiefs will have to do: trade guys with a year left on their deals before extending them.

Probably won’t happen with Jones, but expect more Hill trades.

Mahomes is the only irreplaceable guy.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 270
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up