ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 2688
« First < 2777117123124125126127 1281291301311371772276271127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kaepernick had dogshit accuracy in college. Mahomes is very accurate for a guy that all experts believe has terrible footwork and mechanics. He has natural accuracy, which is not and never was the case for Kaepernick. If Mahomes improves his footwork and mechanics, he will be scary accurate.

The biggest question mark for him is not accuracy, it's whether he can read NFL defenses and make good decisions.
If I had to guess, he appears to still be going on about hand size. [ie, accuracy in poor conditions]
[Reply]
Coogs 02:01 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Speed = opportunity, it does not translate to accuracy. The kid has a lot of work on his mechanics, footwork, and rhythm if he's going to succeed in a WCO, especially coming from an Air Raid system. The more impatient you are waiting for this kid, the more likely he will fail.

Did Andy make a comment about developing a rookie QB over 1 year when there is a starter that has been close to the SB several times over the last 6 seasons?
Grunhard said Friday morning on 810, that Mahomes will be the back up this season. He also said that while the Chiefs probably hope he does not have to take the field in week 1, they would probably be okay with it if he has to. Paraphrasing of course.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:04 PM 05-07-2017
Did Andy make a comment about developing a rookie QB over 1 year when there is a starter that has been close to the SB several times over the last 6 seasons?
:-) :-) :-)

The divisional round is close to the SB now? When are you going to realize that half of the leagues QBs would have gotten us in the actual SB by now?

Smith has been surrounded with the best coaching and talent one can ask for. Consistent top 5-7 defense and special teams units.
[Reply]
-King- 02:51 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So posters like King who are expecting an overhaul of "mechanics" are probably going to be pretty disappointed.

Philip Rivers has needed to fix his "mechanics" ever since he got into the league. He has never once been able to consistently create a compact throwing motion in the regular season.
What else would Reid say? He's not going to say that Mahomes has shitty footwork.

And Rivers is the exception. There are more Blake Bortles and Jay Cutlers than Philip Rivers. And then there is Aaron Rodgers who did actually overhaul his mechanics

I expect a significant amount of time to be spent on his mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:06 PM 05-07-2017
2PM is a terrible nickname. Call him Mahomes FFS.
We'll call him "Alex's Daddy".

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Smith also has a much, much weaker arm. Guys with smaller hands like Carr are more comparable for Mahomes.

Also, almost every talking head I have watched says 1-2 years. But, those people also likely don't realize the Chiefs cap situation and how much more money can be gained from Alex's release. They are also ignoring the fact that we valued 2PM at 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick.

No matter how badly you want it to happen, the odds of Smith being here in 2018 are very, very slim. Andy even said himself back in Philly that he likes to develop a rookie QB over a 1-year period.
Well said, Pugs. I see you too enjoyed a delightful fit of pants-pissing laughter regarding Alex "being close" to a SB.

"Look everyone! Kate Beckinsale is on my TV; I AM VERY, VERY CLOSE TO HER"! :-)

The shit-canning of Smith at the end of this season is parade-worthy. I'll bring the confetti!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05-07-2017, 03:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Sweet Daddy Hate. Reason: Dup
Red Dawg 03:48 PM 05-07-2017
I fully expect Mahomes to start in 2018. It makes no sense for him not to unless something very unexpected happens. The only way forb Alex to stay the starter is a SB title that he was a key player in getting or if Mahomes is just a learning disaster. I doubt either happen not to mention that you have to make a decision on first round rookies in four years. It would be idiotic to spend two firsts on a player that rides the pine for two years.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 03:58 PM 05-07-2017
When you have that many picks invested into one player, chances are more likely than not that Smith stays on the roster in 2018 to ease this kid in. Cause he's just that, a 21 year old kid... despite what Pugs refuses to believe when Chadiha and Mayock are saying that Smith will be around for 2 more seasons.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:00 PM 05-07-2017
Smith also has a much, much weaker arm. Guys with smaller hands like Carr are more comparable for Mahomes.

Also, almost every talking head I have watched says 1-2 years. But, those people also likely don't realize the Chiefs cap situation and how much more money can be gained from Alex's release. They are also ignoring the fact that we valued 2PM at 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick.

No matter how badly you want it to happen, the odds of Smith being here in 2018 are very, very slim. Andy even said himself back in Philly that he likes to develop a rookie QB over a 1-year period.
Please tell me how Carr has performed in cold/wet conditions. I'll wait. And what is the cap situation for the Chiefs that doesn't make a Smith restructure very plausible...? And who is ignoring that Mahomes cost multiple picks?

:-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:06 PM 05-07-2017
When you have that many picks invested into one player, chances are more likely than not that Smith stays on the roster in 2018 to ease this kid in. Cause he's just that, a 21 year old kid... despite what Pugs refuses to believe when Chadiha and Mayock are saying that Smith will be around for 2 more seasons.
So, so, so very stupid.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:07 PM 05-07-2017
I just spent 100k on my new Maserati. I should really keep my '98 Civic around for two more years until I have eased it in.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:10 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I just spent 100k on my new Maserati. I should really keep my '98 Civic around for two more years until I have eased it in.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:13 PM 05-07-2017
This is just the beginning. We'all soon hear how Alex is the best option for 2019 and deserves to be extended while Mahomes sits the bench.

You know it's coming :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:14 PM 05-07-2017
Please tell me how Carr has performed in cold/wet conditions. I'll wait. And what is the cap situation for the Chiefs that doesn't make a Smith restructure very plausible...? And who is ignoring that Mahomes cost multiple picks?

I can't believe you think that Jeff Chadiha and Mike Mayock are the end-all be-all when it comes to how long Mahomes sits. :-)

When is the last time that a first round quarterback, much less one that cost two 1st-rounders and a 3rd, sat for 2 seasons? What, Rodgers? And he was behind a beloved future HOFer.

You're a damn moron if you think this kid can't be ready in 1 1/2 years. He has two full offseasons, two full preseasons, and all the free time in the world to get prepared for his takeover. There is zero reason to believe that he isn't going to put everything he has into this period of learning and development.

Don't forget, you are the same guy who said 'I'm so glad Dorsey and Reid aren't dumb enough to take a QB like you idiots want...' Cause guess what, you ARE that guy.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:38 PM 05-07-2017
He goes by 2PM.... but, if you insist, I'll just start spelling it all the way out.

The Face That Runs the Place, Patrick Mahomes II
Have to say, the nickname situation is pretty weak. 2PM doesn't really make any sense.

And what is this 'face that runs the place' crap? I mean I assume it is following him from college, but is it supposed to sound cool just because it rhymes or something?

I don't have the solution, but I think we can do better.
[Reply]
Messier 04:38 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If you want to be technical, that Maserati was purchased at a bargain price of 20k. You have a few years of car payments on that Civic that for some reason more than double the cost of the Maserati.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 2688
« First < 2777117123124125126127 1281291301311371772276271127 > Last »
Up