ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 240
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:27 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Andy Reid is not perfect by any means, but I swear some of you don’t watch the rest of the NFL.

Every coach has warts and every HC makes mistakes. There’s a reason the Patriots fans that troll this board at least give Reid credit and make it a point to say Belichick losses them off at times.

Andy Reid’s watts are just overblown because he’s never won a SB so people fall into the trap of overblowing the narrative.

Sorry, but it really is a sign of somebody that just doesn’t get it, because if you’re going to bitch about Andy Reid, you deserve one of the other 28+ HC’s that have their own warts but aren’t a pimple on Reid’s ass when it comes to the positives.
I have five tvs, I see more than enough of those other coaches and I never claimed or implied I'd prefer most of them. my point never was if he I want the browns coach, or the broncos. Your moving the goal posts. This is about Andy vs Andy. Him getting out of his own way sometimes.

I don't want him gone. I wasn't even freaking out in the original post, just agreeing with a previous post that he gets in his own way.

My post was in fact complimenting him on a lot of what he does but pointing out it isn't just bad luck that has had him come up short in big games. He's contributed to it. Big games come down to small things and I'm that category he doesn't excel and certainly to me comes off as a guy that doesn't think it needs to improve. Although I admit that the last point is conjecture, even though he's had enough pressers to make me feel fairly good about that feeling.

I personally don't think it's over blowing it when big games come down to things like that a lot.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:27 PM 10-27-2019
Andy Reid is not perfect by any means, but I swear some of you don’t watch the rest of the NFL.

Every coach has warts and every HC makes mistakes. There’s a reason the Patriots fans that troll this board at least give Reid credit and make it a point to say Belichick pisses them off at times. What HC would you trade for Reid? Seriously?

Andy Reid’s warts are just overblown because he’s never won a SB so people fall into the trap of pointing at this narrative and saying “that’s why”.

Sorry, but it really is a sign of somebody that just doesn’t get it, because if you’re going to bitch about Andy Reid, you deserve one of the other 28+ HC’s that have their own warts but aren’t a pimple on Reid’s ass when it comes to the positives.
The only time Belichick made a "mistake" that I remember was the 4th and 2 when he went for it by putting the ball in Brady's hands when he was trying to beat Manning on MNF.

WHICH WASN'T A REAL MISTAKE, BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO BEAT MANNING.

YOU DON'T PUNT TO THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE.

YOU JUST DON'T.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:28 PM 10-27-2019
I bet you Vic Fangio has more balls to go for it than Reid
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:29 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It’s okay guys!! Reid says McCoy is fine!!

Tbh this quote I'm fine with. That's him protecting his player. McCoy didn't see another snap that tells you how Reid felt about the fumble.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:30 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Andy is terrible with the clock. No doubt. He makes strange decisions and especially doesn't have a great feel for momentum. He doesn't know when to pull back or when to go for the kill.

Andy is one of the most brilliant offensive coaches ever. He's an elite motivator and game-planner. His flaws can be a real burden and they're all regarding things he does managing the game.
I think he belongs in Canton for his offensive genius, but his management skills outweigh them for me simply because playoff games almost always come down to management. I mean, we have the QB. THE QB. He can overcome weaker game plans and he can audible out of bad play calls, but he can't un-punt a football. He can't un-call a time out. What Reid did with Moore tonight was impressive and should be applauded, but it didn't matter because Reid doesn't know how to finish a game.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I have five tvs, I see more than enough of those other coaches and I never claimed or implied I'd prefer most of them. my point never was if he I want the browns coach, or the broncos. Your moving the goal posts. This is about Andy vs Andy. Him getting out of his own way sometimes.

I don't want him gone. I wasn't even freaking out in the original post, just agreeing with a previous post that he gets in his own way.

My post was in fact complimenting him on a lot of what he does but pointing out it isn't just bad luck that has had him come up short in big games. He's contributed to it. Big games come down to small things and I'm that category he doesn't excel and certainly to me comes off as a guy that doesn't think it needs to improve. Although I admit that the last point is conjecture, even though he's had enough pressers to make me feel fairly good about that feeling.

I personally don't think it's over blowing it when big games come down to things like that a lot.
This “big game” would’ve been a blowout if it were anybody else calling plays with Matt fucking Moore at QB. Yes, he should’ve went for it on 4th down, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was an offensive wizard tonight and was the only reason this team was in the game to begin with. That’s why I facepalmed your stupid fucking take. Do you still not get that?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:34 PM 10-27-2019
This “big game” would’ve been a blowout if it were anybody else calling plays with Matt ****ing Moore at QB. Yes, he should’ve went for it on 4th down, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was an offensive wizard tonight and was the only reason this team was in the game to begin with. That’s why I facepalmed your stupid ****ing take. Do you still not get that?
But my original post never disagreed with what you just said. Do you still not get that?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 PM 10-27-2019
Tbh this quote I'm fine with. That's him protecting his player. McCoy didn't see another snap that tells you how Reid felt about the fumble.
I bet they made a rule after the Detroit game that if you fumble you're out for the game. That's why Mahomes was consoling Shady - he knew Shady wasn't going back in and would be apoplectic.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 PM 10-27-2019
But my original post never disagreed with what you just said. Do you still not get that?
It sure did fail to acknowledge it in any way.

Complaining about Reid tonight is silly. The guy did an excellent job getting 24 pts. out of Matt Moore with Cameron Erving at LT. Going against that Packers secondary/pass rush makes it all the more impressive. We had no business winning this game, and Rodgers is clearly settling in at this point of the season. There was a lot more to be optimistic about than anything. It’s unfortunate we didn’t steal one, but make no mistake we almost did because of Reid’s brilliance first and foremost.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:37 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I bet they made a rule after the Detroit game that if you fumble you're out for the game. That's why Mahomes was consoling Shady - he knew Shady wasn't going back in.
Maybe it's a 3 strike rule and the next one results in dismissal from the team.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:37 PM 10-27-2019
Darrel Williams should be our workhorse. Dude is solid as a rock.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:38 PM 10-27-2019
I am pretty sure 31 other NFL coaches, including Belichick and his best in the league defense still go for it on 4th and 3 in that situation.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:38 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I think he belongs in Canton for his offensive genius, but his management skills outweigh them for me simply because playoff games almost always come down to management. I mean, we have the QB. THE QB. He can overcome weaker game plans and he can audible out of bad play calls, but he can't un-punt a football. He can't un-call a time out. What Reid did with Moore tonight was impressive and should be applauded, but it didn't matter because Reid doesn't know how to finish a game.
No one is questioning whether Reid had a great offensive mind.

The question is whether he's a great head football coach.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:39 PM 10-27-2019
McCoy; 2400 carries, 490 rec, 23 fumbles
Faulk; 2,836 carries, 767 rec, 36 fumbles
Holmes; 1780 carries, 339 rec, 16 fumbles
Allen; 3,022 carries, 587 rec, 17 fumbles
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:39 PM 10-27-2019
It sure did fail to acknowledge it in any way.

Complaining about Reid tonight is silly. The guy did an excellent job getting 24 pts. out of Matt Moore with Cameron Erving at LT. Going against that Packers secondary/pass rush makes it all the more impressive.
And if Matt Moore was our QB1 then this would make sense. I don't think anyone can argue tonight wasn't an impressive job by Reid, but he did the same shit he always does and it resulted in an L. He'll do it with Mahomes and a healthy defense in the playoffs, too, if he gets the chance. That's the point. The loss tonight is not totally on Reid because he's the only reason we were in it. But he'll do this same thing when the season is on the line and being reminded of it tonight is panic inducing.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 240
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209 > Last »
Up