ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 240
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:09 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who employed said QB? Who kept said QB in the game in the 2nd half after struggling for 2 months?
Who honestly gives a fuck about all that anymore? Reid has his QBOTF.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:49 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We'll just have to get rid of him and replace him with... Mike Kafka???

Honestly, he's here for awhile and that may not be a bad thing. At least until Mahomes is the kind of QB that actually runs the entire show and the HC/OC is just a dude to cheerlead the rest of the team.
God how I look forward to that day...

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The only thing I'd even consider firing Reid for right now is if there are not any changes made on the defensive side of the ball, and all indications are there will be.

Correct. Standing still on defense is inexcusable at this juncture.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:10 AM 01-06-2019
Andy Reid has blown games that were heavily in his favor over and over again.

Last year was his worst act. He’s a better coach than Mularkey, he had a better QB than Marriotta, he had homefield and a better overall team.
To be fair to Reid, that game is what made him decide to ship Alex out to the highest bidder and roll with Mahomes this year, just like the loss at home vs Pitt was what got PMII drafted.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:27 AM 01-06-2019
Let's change the thread title to "Andy Reid is an incomplete football coach". Much more accurate.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:41 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Just like I don't think the Chargers are capable of winning at Arrowhead twice in one year...I don't think the Ravens are going to beat the Chargers twice in one year.

I think that NFL defenses now have enough film on Jackson, they won't be getting caught by surprise this time.

He can't beat you with his arm. We know that now.
Just going to leave this here for now...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:49 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Let's change the thread title to "Andy Reid is an incomplete football coach". Much more accurate.
Yes. If there's any hope, what he lacks is something he can change if he ever wants to. Cant make a dumb coach smarter. Or a bad leader suddenly learn how to lead. What's frustrating is that Reid's 4th quarter tendency is changeable. If he can get over his stubbornness to not change.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:57 PM 01-06-2019
All Im gonna say is, from 2000 to 2012 (post Marty, pre-Reid) the chiefs have had a winning record only 3 years out of those 12. Playoff losses first round every time.

They've had a winning season every year under Reid.

Is he the best? maybe not but he should be a HoF coach. is he frustrating at times? Yes.

But how many coaches (other than Marty and Stram) in team history were better than Reid?

I think our team historically has a coaching problem the same way we've had a QB problem.

And I chalk that up to a Hunt problem.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:26 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
All Im gonna say is, from 2000 to 2012 (post Marty, pre-Reid) the chiefs have had a winning record only 3 years out of those 12. Playoff losses first round every time.

They've had a winning season every year under Reid.

Is he the best? maybe not but he should be a HoF coach. is he frustrating at times? Yes.

But how many coaches (other than Marty and Stram) in team history were better than Reid?

I think our team historically has a coaching problem the same way we've had a QB problem.

And I chalk that up to a Hunt problem.
So...draft a 1st round coach?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:38 PM 01-06-2019
So...draft a 1st round coach?
Yes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:45 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yes. If there's any hope, what he lacks is something he can change if he ever wants to. Cant make a dumb coach smarter. Or a bad leader suddenly learn how to lead. What's frustrating is that Reid's 4th quarter tendency is changeable. If he can get over his stubbornness to not change.
It took me a while to see it, but I finally understand why he falls short under duress. You can't do some of the things he does and expect to be able to follow the ebb and flow of a game, and make snap decisions and adjustments when they're needed.

That gif. that everyone was laughing about where he scoots Mahomes down the bench and asks him about a play on his clipboard? I'm assuming the defense is on the field while he's doing this. I have some bad news for you; you CAN'T do that shit continuously and expect to be on top of a game as a head coach. I don't like watching the Chiefs defense either, but your offensive coordinator is supposed to be the guy working with QB and getting plays together, not the fucking head coach. The head coach needs to be on top of the game, the WHOLE game, so that he can anticipate what his opposition is going to do, and try to counter it in real-time.

Reid has his nose so far up the offense's ass( because apparently no one but him is capable of calling a fucking offensive play series ), that all of the other skills that a head coach is supposed to have on game day, like dealing with situational issues, are rusty, diminished, or non-existent. Everyone knows Reid wrote the fucking play book. It's not like anyone else is going to "get the credit" for it. So who a gives a fuck if it's Reid or Joe Blow dialing up the plays? Besides, if Reid doesn't like a play, he can always change it. But what he CAN'T change are his shortcomings unless he realizes he needs to be a complete coach on game day.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:57 PM 01-06-2019
It took me a while to see it, but I finally understand why he falls short under duress. You can't do some of the things he does and expect to be able to follow the ebb and flow of a game, and make snap decisions and adjustments when they're needed.

That gif. that everyone was laughing about where he scoots Mahomes down the bench and asks him about a play on his clipboard? I'm assuming the defense is on the field while he's doing this. I have some bad news for you; you CAN'T do that shit continuously and expect to be on top of a game as a head coach. I don't like watching the Chiefs defense either, but your offensive coordinator is supposed to be the guy working with QB and getting plays together, not the ****ing head coach. The head coach needs to be on top of the game, the WHOLE game, so that he can anticipate what his opposition is going to do, and try to counter it in real-time.

Reid has his nose so far up the offense's ass( because apparently no one but him is capable of calling a ****ing offensive play series ), that all of the other skills that a head coach is supposed to have on game day, like dealing with situational issues, are rusty, diminished, or non-existent. Everyone knows Reid wrote the ****ing play book. It's not like anyone else is going to "get the credit" for it. So who a gives a **** if it's Reid or Joe Blow dialing up the plays? Besides, if Reid doesn't like a play, he can always change it. But what he CAN'T change are his shortcomings unless he realizes he needs to be a complete coach on game day.
This.

If andy want to be the OC, great. But as head coach, the whole team is yours. Sitting on the bench wirh mahomes, completely leaving grampa bob to his own devices is unacceptable.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:40 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We'll just have to get rid of him and replace him with... Mike Kafka???

Honestly, he's here for awhile and that may not be a bad thing. At least until Mahomes is the kind of QB that actually runs the entire show and the HC/OC is just a dude to cheerlead the rest of the team.
Is that the worst thing in the world? Look at the Colts. Frank Reich is new blood as a first time coach. He’s doing great. Look at the Chargers. Anthony Lynn is doing great.

If the Chiefs lose the same way again, there no point in keeping Andy. It will be HIS fault. Nobody else’s. I don’t want to hear Bob Sutton or his bullshit. It was Andy who elected to keep the mother****er after knowing that players didn’t know what the **** they were even doing.

If the Chiefs lose next weekend, there are no more excuses for Andy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:44 PM 01-06-2019
Is that the worst thing in the world? Look at the Colts. Frank Reich is new blood as a first time coach. He’s doing great. Look at the Chargers. Anthony Lynn is doing great.

If the Chiefs lose the same way again, there no point in keeping Andy. It will be HIS fault. Nobody else’s. I don’t want to hear Bob Sutton or his bullshit. It was Andy who elected to keep the mother****er after knowing that players didn’t know what the **** they were even doing.

If the Chiefs lose next weekend, there are no more excuses for Andy.
He and Clark will just blame it on Sutton after he "retires". This is Chiefs football; there is ALWAYS an excuse. Or, no excuse at all as we watch no one take any real accountability, just coach speak.
[Reply]
FAX 08:54 AM 01-11-2019
Ladies and Gentlemen (and other non-gender identifying peeps), this is one hell of an article from Sam Mellinger. Sam runs hot and cold, but he's heating up ...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...224241440.html

I personally recommend this read.

FAX
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:07 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Ladies and Gentlemen (and other non-gender identifying peeps), this is one hell of an article from Sam Mellinger. Sam runs hot and cold, but he's heating up ...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...224241440.html

I personally recommend this read.

FAX
Eh good and fluffy
[Reply]
Page 119 of 240
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up