ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:38 PM 12-09-2022
Epic bump.

My god, some of these comments. Holy shit, it was truly a different world in those days.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:44 PM 12-09-2022
Epically bad post with some bad takes for sure. Lots of old faces and names in this thread.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:55 PM 12-09-2022
This thread is a great reminder of where we were...and where we are...and where we are going. Great stuff...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:55 PM 12-09-2022
We were so desperate for a QB . . . . . . . . .

To be fair, if you gave Derek Carr to Andy Reid, he probably turns him into a better version of Alex Smith.

But thank God the Chiefs didn't pick him. There would be no Mahomes here if they had.

What a sad and scary thought that is!
[Reply]
carcosa 01:58 PM 12-09-2022
lmao
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:00 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
We were so desperate for a QB . . . . . . . . .

To be fair, if you gave Derek Carr to Andy Reid, he probably turns him into a better version of Alex Smith.

But thank God the Chiefs didn't pick him. There would be no Mahomes here if they had.

What a sad and scary thought that is!
Imagine if we succeeded in trading up for Paxton Lynch.

Goes to show how random success is in the NFL. Mahomes could easily be playing under Sean Payton in New Orleans right now. It was just that close.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:05 PM 12-09-2022
This thread is like one of them long ass Walgreens receipts
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:08 PM 12-09-2022
:-) Daaaaamn, that's a rough bump.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:13 PM 12-09-2022
Whew. Looks like I didn't make too much of an ass out of myself.

This one isn't bad:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You can win without the QB being the strength of your team. I think that's just an exceedingly difficult way to build a perennial winner based on the current state of the league.

The Seahawks did it in 2013, the Broncos did it last season and the Vikings are doing it now.

But even on those squads, the QB had to do make enough plays to win big games and they did when it mattered.
This one is a little rough though lol:

Fuck me, we're in bad shape moving forward.

I'm slowly edging toward the "let everyone walk" camp.

Financially speaking, Berry, DJ, Hali and Charles should all be let go this offseason. Bailey is dangerously close to becoming a surprise cut and I'm just not sure about Poe's back.. But that's just too many holes to fill in one offseason.

Man.. What are we going to do?
Checked the date and it was after that 43-14 beatdown the Steelers gave us on primetime so I was understandably a little frazzled.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:14 PM 12-09-2022
This thread smells like bad vagina
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:17 PM 12-09-2022
I haven’t noticed it to be as over the top in the past as it is this year. But raiders fans love for Derek Carr is…. Weird. Obviously he hasn’t had a perfect supporting cast during his career. But they refuse to put any blame on him. At all. And yeah McDipshit sucks. But Carr ain’t the solution to ever getting over the hump. They could bring in Sean Payton and they would want him out after a slow start before they ever blamed Carr
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:17 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Whenever I see a thread like this bumped, I just hope that I didn’t post in it.
Me too. FWIW, I don't recall being on the Derrick Carr bandwagon, 🤔 could have, just don't recall it. I have to read this thread to see if I was stupid back then on him.

Now I was for David, before the Texans destroyed him. Now, I can't stand listening to him!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 12-09-2022
:-) Derek Carr hasn't won a single playoff game in his entire career. Being frustrated that the Chiefs were content to ride with Alex Smith was one thing, but to actually throw a tantrum about not drafting this hot mess? Oooooooooffffff
[Reply]
RustShack 02:18 PM 12-09-2022
Holy fucking shit.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:20 PM 12-09-2022
Checked the date and it was after that 43-14 beatdown the Steelers gave us on primetime so I was understandably a little frazzled.
That's not too bad. KC won a single playoff game between your post, and the 2017 draft. Losing all of those guys would've made little difference at the time.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up