ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 40
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:21 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
I feel like there is always a choice. I have close friends that were "born into" their enormous love and loyalty for LSU, and New Orleans sports teams. Their fathers forced it on them, and it stuck. I really get how that can happen. Just never happened with me, as I never had a family that cared much for sports.. and I always disliked my home teams. I disliked growing up in that shit-hole swamp in Louisiana.

The main and bizarre issue to me is not why a person/CP member is a fan of the team. You could tell me you love any number of teams, or only like to watch ice skating while naked in your lawn chair. I'd simply say, "oh.. okay.. good for you." To each his own.
You can like any team you want. Part of the enjoyment of being a fan for us is feeling like we are in it together. That win or most likely lose, we take it on the chin and stay loyal. You have already not done it once. You haven't suffered like we have, not because you were too young or not into football, but because you were actively rooting for another team.

You obviously can do what you want. But if by chance you really are curious why some of us are turned off by you it's that. It would probably be better if you just said hey, the Chiefs are my team and I'm here for life. You, however, keep going on the shtick about how our view of fandom is foolish ect. Truth be told it's your loss imo. There is something incredibly rewarding about being loyal to one team and they finally win. Haven't felt it at a championship leve with kcl but I have felt it with other teams. I personally would hate jumping on board another team and not truly feeling in the core what they feel.

Again, your choice. I don't get it but whatever. You talk about deep down how SNR knows, but I think deep down you also know the legitimate confusion we have with it. You get the emotions before kc games and that's good for you. I just don't think I could get them the way I do know if I ever thought I could end up with another team.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:27 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because I like this place, and you're an offensive twat. Please, let's not forget why this started: you pulled your usual, "You're not a real fan because you become dejected and indifferent when your team is losing or about to lose." And don't make me find all of your ridiculous posts that go beyond that, where you assert that people who do that throughout the course of a season are "cowards" who show the world that they're emotionally fragile individuals afraid of failure.

You're different from other former 9er fans. You're a ****ing headcase. temper11 is a nice guy. Mav is a bro. You're nothing more than a stupid worthless **** who periodically chucks rocks at the locals from your glass highhorse.

This forum has always been an excellent timewaster for all of us, but it's also a community. When somebody posts stupid shit, then people let them know about it. Why I keep bringing this topic up around you is because you keep pissing me off with your insufferable bullshit. Don't like me challenging you? Then stop posting. I'm just as free to criticize you as you are to say whatever you want about various players or what you think of other Chiefs fans who tend to think negatively.
Can you go one day without bleeding all over CP? You are a pathetic, miserable, human being. When are your opinions even taken seriously? It's you and your ilk that has deprecated this place that long time posters have stopped coming here to have actual football conversations.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:28 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
To be a fan of the Chiefs, to want them to succeed, is to also hate and deny Alex the Deceiver, the ultimate roadblock to the prize.
Explain why you root against the chiefs with your account over at the Mane?
Please tell us. :-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:31 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Can you go one day without bleeding all over CP? You are a pathetic, miserable, human being. When are your opinions even taken seriously? It's you and your ilk that has deprecated this place that long time posters have stopped coming here to have actual football conversations.
How could you possibly know why long time posters stopped coming here? Also, do you think you should be calling people out for having their opinion not taken seriously?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:37 PM 10-29-2016
Explain why you root against the chiefs with your account over at the Mane?
Please tell us. :-)
I post generally the same things on both sites, and about 10x as much here.

It's nice to have all your opinions validated by people who actually know football.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:39 PM 10-29-2016
Not one single poster here would rather have you here over SNR. Get away from me, Satan.
[Reply]
threebag 05:43 PM 10-29-2016
REALlyShouldNotReproduce and his fucking "fan Police" gig. :-)
[Reply]
threebag 05:44 PM 10-29-2016
Not one single poster here would rather have you here over SNR. Get away from me, Satan.
Wrong again dick sleeve. You have to be one of the dumbest cocksuckers to walk upright.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:12 PM 10-29-2016

See? This is the shit I'm talking about when it comes to you. My opinions are taken seriously by a good portion of people around here. Whether that's warranted or not is another story. The problem is you're tone deaf to what the majority of posters respect on here. Hint: it's not you. Not even in the slightest
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:20 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
You can like any team you want. Part of the enjoyment of being a fan for us is feeling like we are in it together. That win or most likely lose, we take it on the chin and stay loyal. You have already not done it once. You haven't suffered like we have, not because you were too young or not into football, but because you were actively rooting for another team.

You obviously can do what you want. But if by chance you really are curious why some of us are turned off by you it's that. It would probably be better if you just said hey, the Chiefs are my team and I'm here for life. You, however, keep going on the shtick about how our view of fandom is foolish ect. Truth be told it's your loss imo. There is something incredibly rewarding about being loyal to one team and they finally win. Haven't felt it at a championship leve with kcl but I have felt it with other teams. I personally would hate jumping on board another team and not truly feeling in the core what they feel.

Again, your choice. I don't get it but whatever. You talk about deep down how SNR knows, but I think deep down you also know the legitimate confusion we have with it. You get the emotions before kc games and that's good for you. I just don't think I could get them the way I do know if I ever thought I could end up with another team.
Civil, mature post. Thanks for that.. not enough of them here.

In the past, I criticized long-time Chiefs fans for being beaten down. Since then, I recognized this to be out of line.. for all of the reasons you allude to above. I haven't been constantly let down by KC over decades.. so no.. I can't blame others for being pessimistic or guarded.

What occurred here recently was not about that though. My original intent was only in regard to two posters that go too far.

When it comes to alleged Chiefs' fans actually rooting with glee against the team? that still seems as wretched as it can get. So I made a crack about being a better fan than them... the two. I mean, by the very definition of one person rooting for the team.. and two others rooting against the team.. I feel it fair to have stated that.

I can't change the past, and I won't go looking for hugs from you guys if they win it all. I guess I don't get that right, since I have not suffered as you have. That's fine. I will celebrate and enjoy it on my own, however.

Now dammit, I am really done with this. I just want to read and possibly post about Chiefs football. Soooo sick of talking about posters and myself.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 06:49 PM 10-29-2016
Hey I heard your uncle has a tingle. Why don't you go and take care of it?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 PM 10-29-2016
I post generally the same things on both sites, and about 10x as much here.

It's nice to have all your opinions validated by people who actually know football.
The Minge is a joke full of pussy cowards. They knowo dick about football
[Reply]
threebag 10:17 PM 10-29-2016
Clay and Sweets running to post Alex Smith shit on Chiefsplanet

Should have their names changed to Ace and Gary.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:29 PM 10-29-2016
Meh, I don't run.

I just casually walk down the hill like papa bull, and **** him right his ass.

Dry.
[Reply]
threebag 10:49 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Meh, I don't run.

I just casually walk down the hill like papa bull, and **** him right his ass.

Dry.
Bet Clay loves it too.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 40
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up