ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing my Mind at Work
KurtCauley 09:36 AM 01-10-2019
Guys, I can't even sit still. I'm so dang anxious for Saturday to come. I feel worthless at work. I'm just spending all my time reading about Saturday's game.

How about everyone else? What's everyone doing to make the time pass?
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:39 AM 01-10-2019
I plan on working during the game to keep my mind off of it.
[Reply]
KurtCauley 09:49 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I plan on working during the game to keep my mind off of it.
There's no way I could do that. As stressful as this game will be, I've got to watch it.
[Reply]
El Jefe 09:52 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCauley:
There's no way I could do that. As stressful as this game will be, I've got to watch it.
I actually find myself the same as MahiMike. It seems irrational, but the games affect me so much that many times I wont watch them till after I know the outcome. It can upset me so much, that I have trouble sleeping and am angry about it for quite a while. Its irrational, and I know that it is, but I cannot simply "just watch" a game, I get invested immediately. This year, the Patriots, Rams and Chargers games tore my heart out.
[Reply]
KurtCauley 09:55 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by El Jefe:
I actually find myself the same as MahiMike. It seems irrational, but the games affect me so much that many times I wont watch them till after I know the outcome. It can upset me so much, that I have trouble sleeping and am angry about it for quite a while. Its irrational, and I know that it is, but I cannot simply "just watch" a game, I get invested immediately. This year, the Patriots, Rams and Chargers games tore my heart out.
I hear ya. When games are close at the end, I'll get up and clean the house and do dishes or something like that while I watch the game. Sounds girly or ridiculous, I know.

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:58 AM 01-10-2019
Almost Saturday
[Reply]
El Jefe 09:59 AM 01-10-2019
I hear ya. When games are close at the end, I'll get up and clean the house and do dishes or something like that while I watch the game. Sounds girly or ridiculous, I know.

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out

LOL, I do the same thing.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 10:03 AM 01-10-2019

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out.
This.
I RARELY sit during a Chiefs game. I tend to stand up and pace around the kitchen the majority of the game.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:01 AM 01-10-2019
I can't do it. I have to see it live. I remember missing the Chiefs at Raiders Thursday night game last year. I had it DVR'ed with every intention of watching it later. But, I heard about the bullshit ending where the Faiders got to keep trying until they finally got away with a push off to win it. I said screw it. I don't even want to see that crap. I finally deleted it off of my DVR. If the Chiefs were to win, I would rewarch it. But if they get screwed and lose, I'll never see it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:43 AM 01-10-2019
I'm the same, I don't watch my sports teams games live anymore, be it Soccer, Basketball, Hockey or the Chiefs. The anxiety levels can be a little bit all consuming and I much prefer to just let things play out and see what happens when the dust has settled. I did actually keep up with things last season but that Raiders defeat was just a killer. Tbh though even waiting until the result is over can be tough because just like you seeing what happened in that Chargers game was a bitter pill to swallow. It took me a few days to get over that one, especially with the media all celebrating the Bolts.

For this one though it's strange because I'm totally calm about it. As long as we have Mahomes I truly believe we'll have our day of glory whether it's this year or another. That kid is special and he will do something special at this football club, I have no doubts whatsoever.
[Reply]
-King- 05:10 PM 01-10-2019
I DVR games don't start watching until about 45 minutes after the start time. I figured out watching commercials and halftime just adds to my anxiety during games so I try to skip them as much as possible. If they defense allows a score, I hate having to watch the commercial break mad waiting to see the offense response. Or if we're down at halftime I don't want to see 15 minutes of highlights or them breaking down why we're losing.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:52 PM 01-11-2019
I was that way for about 40 years. Then you think you have figured out how to deal with it and they suck you in again. 28 point lead! Forward Progress!

I told my Mrs. we were going to lose with the 28 point lead. I live in Missouri now and they are going to have to show me. I think 15 can do it.
[Reply]
In58men 09:51 AM 01-10-2019
We’re in the same boat. This week has been so slow it’s even worse. I was hoping to stay busy, but nope. Everything is running so damn smooth.
[Reply]
007 01:34 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
We’re in the same boat. This week has been so slow it’s even worse. I was hoping to stay busy, but nope. Everything is running so damn smooth.
not sure why, but this week has been flying by for me. No busier than usual. Only thing I can think of is that I've tempered my expectations. Whatever happens happens. I haven't gone into a playoff game with this attitude before and its really helping.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:57 AM 01-10-2019
I've had the stomach flu the last couple of days. I promise you won't care too much about football when you're praying to the porcelain god.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up