ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 921 of 2693
« First < 421821871911917918919920921 922923924925931971102114211921 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:40 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
And your short yardage run game is ABSOLUTELY no threat.

We could have 4th and a cunt hair anywhere on the field, any point in the game, any point in the season, and I'm not putting money on a 1st down. And if we got one, it was probably due to Alex nearly getting himself torn in half somewhere desperately scrambling while the O-line stood around with furrowed brows and hands on hips.

I guess now we can sort of hope Mahomes puts on some woo-boogity boogity, and a hepti-ho!! and we somehow get a 55 yard TD every once and a while out of the situation.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:57 PM 08-27-2018
Baby Lee is going to be insufferable, I can already tell.

You have to drag some kicking and screaming into the light.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:00 PM 08-27-2018
So Mahomes led the league in preseason YPA and was 2nd in passer rating.. and I think we all believe he's capable of playing far better than even what we saw in those few games..

Kid is gonna be great for Kansas City for a long time. Just hope we can give him at least serviceable defenses year to year to help him out.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:00 PM 08-27-2018
IIRC, we were actually very good at converting 3rd and 4th and short situations when we ran the ball.

Someone's got to have the stats on that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:00 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:

No wonder Mangini isn't coaching.
Mangini had a point when he said Pat will go through a wide range of mistakes, but as our resident homer correctly stated... 'yeah but thats all baked into it'

All the rest is just Mangina blather, throwing out all of Smiths stats like that pssshaw... he may know more about the nuts and bolts of football than all of us, but the simple fact is he hasnt watched nearly as many Alex snaps, as most regular planeteers have

Stats can and do lie, Eric... the killer instinct was missing
[Reply]
New World Order 06:02 PM 08-27-2018
Win or lose I'm going to be happy to see Mahomes play throughout the year.

Watching him progress will be much more exciting than anything we've watched the past 11 or 12 years.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:03 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
:-)
Trenchant. Do you have a newsletter?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:05 PM 08-27-2018
I know Mahomes will turn it over more than Smith did and completely accept that, but I do think its funny that everyone blows that INT stuff up about Pat and yet he still only threw 1 INT on 43 attempts this preseason...
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:07 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know Mahomes will turn it over more than Smith did and completely accept that, but I do think its funny that everyone blows that INT stuff up about Pat and yet he still only threw 1 INT on 43 attempts this preseason...
Or his 10 INTs on the ~450 attempts in college.

Did ANY of the 2018 QBs have a ratio that good in college? Hell, how about fucking Deshaun Watson? How are his INT numbers as a pro?

Answer: They're not good.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:09 PM 08-27-2018
I'd be interested in your conception of everyone.

Most everyone is in the realm of speculation, and it's not hard to speculate that, compared to all-time-lows in TO ratio, a few more INTs are to be expected.

Outside one rompered lad, no one seems that het up about it though.

And, it should be noted, part of that speculation is worrying about what kind of work ethic Watkins has on tap. Not badmouthing Mahomes.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:10 PM 08-27-2018
So Mahomes led the league in preseason YPA and was 2nd in passer rating.. and I think we all believe he's capable of playing far better than even what we saw in those few games..

Kid is gonna be great for Kansas City for a long time. Just hope we can give him at least serviceable defenses year to year to help him out.
Need to build a better OL for him. So far it looks like he will be running for his life just like the crap OL at Tech.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:11 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd be interested in your conception of everyone.

Most everyone is in the realm of speculation, and it's not hard to speculate that, compared to all-time-lows in TO ratio, a few more INTs are to be expected.

Outside one rompered lad, no one seems that het up about it though.
I'm generally referring to the media. Just about every talking head suggests that Mahomes will turn it over a lot this year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:13 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Need to build a better OL for him. So far it looks like he will be running for his life just like the crap OL at Tech.
It's not great but don't be surprised if it gets better as the season starts and progresses... at least in pass pro.

LDT coming back won't hurt. Wylie should probably get a look at LG for my money.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:18 PM 08-27-2018
Remember, this is the same Oline that allowed Smith to have a career year last year and Hunt to be the leading rusher. And it is the same Oline which has allowed Mahomes to complete over 70% of his passes in preseason and have a passer rating of around 103 I believe. And no that interception was not the Oline's fault.

That Oline while nothing special is good enough.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:22 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Remember, this is the same Oline that allowed Smith to have a career year last year and Hunt to be the leading rusher. And it is the same Oline which has allowed Mahomes to complete over 70% of his passes in preseason and have a passer rating of around 103 I believe. And no that interception was not the Oline's fault.

That Oline while nothing special is good enough.
No it's not.
[Reply]
Page 921 of 2693
« First < 421821871911917918919920921 922923924925931971102114211921 > Last »
Up