ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Henry Cavill is the new Highlander
Mephistopheles Janx 01:40 PM 05-21-2021
https://io9.gizmodo.com/is-henry-cav...der-1846943392

:-):-):-):-):-):-)

It's guess better than the original Ryan Reynolds casting. I never realized that one of the worst parts of getting older was rewatching shit I've already seen... but with new actors.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:47 PM 05-21-2021
He's a good actor for the super hero roles in movies.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:51 PM 05-21-2021
Oh Hollywood. Hopefully they at least will keep this in with the reboot.

[Reply]
morphius 01:51 PM 05-21-2021
I have to admit, this description hurt me a little bit, "But it will almost certainly tell a story of an battle that takes places across the centuries, where immortal beings fight each other to the death with only one person remaining. That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers. "

sigh
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:52 PM 05-21-2021
I hope the people who are gonna write this are more with more care than whomever wrote that article...

"That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers."

No... Connor wasn't the Highlander because he is from the HIGHLANDS of Scotland. It was, apparently, a title bestowed upon him after winning the game.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:52 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I have to admit, this description hurt me a little bit, "But it will almost certainly tell a story of an battle that takes places across the centuries, where immortal beings fight each other to the death with only one person remaining. That person is crowned Highlander and is bestowed with additional powers. "

sigh
Lol, yep
[Reply]
Frazod 01:54 PM 05-21-2021
Just the idea of this pisses me off, but as far as Cavill is concerned he's pretty much letter perfect as Geralt. Far better than I thought he'd be.

Seems a bit old for the MacLeod part, though. Will they cast him as Ramirez? Or de-age him as MacLeod in the Scotland scenes and dust off Liam Neeson to play yet another grizzled and heroic yet doomed mentor?

And good luck to whoever has to fill Clancy Brown's shoes as the Kurgan. One of the greatest villains of all time.

God I wish they'd just leave shit alone. :-)
[Reply]
morphius 01:57 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just the idea of this pisses me off, but as far as Cavill is concerned he's pretty much letter perfect as Geralt. Far better than I thought he'd be.

Seems a bit old for the MacLeod part, though. Will they cast him as Ramirez? Or de-age him as MacLeod in the Scotland scenes and dust off Liam Neeson to play yet another grizzled and heroic yet doomed mentor?

And good luck to whoever has to fill Clancy Brown's shoes as the Kurgan. One of the greatest villains of all time.

I doubt it will even be a one for one reboot and I highly doubt they will have him win in the first movie, making it easier to write future ones. On the plus side, it would be damn hard to be any worse than the last Highlander movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:01 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I doubt it will even be a one for one reboot and I highly doubt they will have him win in the first movie, making it easier to write future ones. On the plus side, it would be damn hard to be any worse than the last Highlander movie.
All the sequels were bad. The one where the baddie had been stuck in a glacier and thawed out after the gathering was a really cool idea but they butchered the execution of it.

They should have left it the fuck alone then. They should leave it the fuck alone now.
[Reply]
morphius 02:31 PM 05-21-2021
All the sequels were bad. The one where the baddie had been stuck in a glacier and thawed out after the gathering was a really cool idea but they butchered the execution of it.

They should have left it the **** alone then. They should leave it the **** alone now.
I actually enjoyed the series, but yeah, the movie sequels were all pretty bad/forgettable/JarJar Binks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:31 PM 05-21-2021
The entire article is speculation. Chad Stahelski, who directed John Wick, has been trying for years to reboot this franchise, but so did Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious movies, Star Trek 3), who has far more clout at Universal, yet it didn't work out.

If this version is a go, Cavill would be fine as Connor MaCleod and at least he has a British accent. I always thought it was weird that the Highlander was Scottish yet Christopher Lambert spoke English with a French accent.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm weary that Universal will make it PG-13 and not R, so it will "appeal to more people", which would just take the meat out of the project.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:32 PM 05-21-2021
Will they be aliens in this one like in Highlander II?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:54 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The entire article is speculation. Chad Stahelski, who directed John Wick, has been trying for years to reboot this franchise, but so did Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious movies, Star Trek 3), who has far more clout at Universal, yet it didn't work out.

If this version is a go, Cavill would be fine as Connor MaCleod and at least he has a British accent. I always thought it was weird that the Highlander was Scottish yet Christopher Lambert spoke English with a French accent.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm weary that Universal will make it PG-13 and not R, so it will "appeal to more people", which would just take the meat out of the project.
IIRC, at the time Lambert barely even spoke English.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:37 PM 05-21-2021
IIRC, at the time Lambert barely even spoke English.
I'd never heard that before but it's not unsurprising.

I mean, I don't have any problem with his casting, or really any of the casting in the original. But even back in 1987, I knew it was weird that a Scottish born and raised man would have a French English accent.

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 05-21-2021

Haha, great call on Neeson... you know thats happening
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up