ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 NFL Schedule Release
KChiefs1 03:31 PM 05-11-2021
I'm anticipating the Chiefs getting at least 5 prime time games this year.

Chiefs vs Packers
Chiefs vs Ravens
Chiefs vs Cowboys
Chiefs vs Bills
Chiefs vs Browns

Other possibilities:

Chiefs vs Chargers
Chiefs vs Raiders
Chiefs vs Broncos
Chiefs vs Titans
Chiefs vs Eagles

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:38 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We’ll lose a fluke game and then drop the last week since we’ll have number 1 seed locked up

15-2
That record looks so wrong.

17 games is dumb.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:44 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Chiefs and Packers (assuming Rodgers is still there) on Thanksgiving would've set records.
Why waste it on Thanksgiving. People are still going to watch whatever is on and mostly its background noise. That's why I don't get the bitching about the Thanksgiving games. The NFL doesn't need to blow its load for marquee games on that day.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:05 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Why waste it on Thanksgiving. People are still going to watch whatever is on and mostly its background noise. That's why I don't get the bitching about the Thanksgiving games. The NFL doesn't need to blow its load for marquee games on that day.
Counter argument: if you want to garner even more intense interest from the casual fan, make sure they are seeing your best product on that day.

I see it from both sides, but I think they could mix it up year to year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:07 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
That week 5 night game at Arrowhead against the Bills is going to be so terrifying for Buffalo.
Josh Allen with a primetime crowd at Arrowhead... He may lose his mind...
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:09 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Josh Allen with a primetime crowd at Arrowhead... He may lose his mind...
Fuckyeahhotchickgirl.gif
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:11 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
Trying to decide. Me and the Wife are thinking about making a trip to KC for the Chiefs/Bills game for an anniversary trip, but we are iffy on sitting in the 300s. Still worth driving 18 hours for the game and sitting up there?
Sure, especially if you are in the first 10 rows, but even up high for a big game like that, it would be fun. You can see everything, actually much better than in the lower corners. Really not a horrible seat in the house and the pregame festivities outside are awesome.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:20 PM 05-12-2021

[Reply]
petegz28 09:51 PM 05-12-2021
HTF do we end up with more prime time games on the road? And always at the fucking Raiders. Every time we play the fucking Raiders at their place it's prime time.

We went to the Super Bowl 2 years in a row and get to play at someone else's house on primetime.

Arrowhead is getting dissed.

And how the fuck is the GB-KC game not prime time?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:53 PM 05-12-2021

Never too early to remind you:

Super Bowl LVI. 2/13/22. NBC and @peacocktv. pic.twitter.com/JFg8si7gDG

— Sunday Night Football on NBC (@SNFonNBC) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:47 PM 05-12-2021
There are a group of Chief fans putting together a tailgate and other events for the Philly, Baltimore and the Washington games. Just FYI. Details to follow.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:52 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
HTF do we end up with more prime time games on the road? And always at the ****ing Raiders. Every time we play the ****ing Raiders at their place it's prime time.

We went to the Super Bowl 2 years in a row and get to play at someone else's house on primetime.

Arrowhead is getting dissed.

And how the **** is the GB-KC game not prime time?
The 3pm games are bigger than the prime time games. Chiefs have 4 of those all at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:41 PM 05-12-2021
Nate Taylor on the Chiefs schedule:

Season-opener key to victory

Well, this one is pretty simple. The Chiefs spent this entire offseason rebuilding their offensive line, and the team’s biggest task in Week 1 is to protect Mahomes. The Browns have a formidable pass rush, featuring players such as Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney.

The opener is a good test for the Chiefs’ projected starting offensive line of Orlando Brown Jr. (left tackle), Joe Thuney (left guard), rookie Creed Humphrey or veteran Austin Blythe (center), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (right guard) and rookie Lucas Niang (right tackle). If Mahomes can be kept upright and operate from the pocket throughout the game, the Chiefs should be able to start their season with a win.

Must-watch game

Look, the NFL wants me to tell you — and the league will promote it for months — that one of the biggest games of the season will be when the Chiefs host the Green Bay Packers in Week 9 (Nov. 7). Theoretically, the matchup is set to be the first meeting between Mahomes and Packers superstar quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the league’s reigning MVP.

But in recent weeks, Rodgers has made it clear he wants to be traded to another team. If the Packers don’t trade Rodgers, the highly anticipated game could provide plenty of highlights and touchdowns in an old-fashioned shootout between Rodgers and Mahomes.

Toughest stretch

Based on opponents’ 2020 winning percentage, the Chiefs will play the 11th-toughest schedule in the NFL. In previous seasons during Reid’s tenure in Kansas City, the Chiefs have struggled at times in October after having impressive starts in September. This upcoming October, the Chiefs will play three of their four games that month on the road, facing the Philadelphia Eagles, the Washington Football Team and the Tennessee Titans. The Chiefs are talented enough to get through October unscathed, but the middle of the season should reveal if the team is properly improving or not.

Games that have gotten tougher

It seems to be an annual occurrence as of about the last five years: Every offseason, analysts label the Chargers as a dark-horse team who could sneak up and win the AFC West. Well, analysts will be saying that ahead of this season as well, and for good reasons. Quarterback Justin Herbert appears to be a star in the making coming off a strong rookie season. In the past few months, the Chargers have made intriguing decisions to improve their team, including the hiring of first-time coach Brandon Staley, adding offensive linemen to protect Herbert and strengthening their secondary.

Best offense Chiefs will face

The options here were aplenty, but the opponent with the most exciting offense might be the Dallas Cowboys and the much-anticipated return of star quarterback Dak Prescott, who missed most of last season with a right ankle injury. The Cowboys have a star at almost every skill position, and Prescott has the ability to succeed with his arm and legs. The question is simple for the Cowboys: Will Prescott have enough time in the pocket to be efficient?

Best defense Chiefs will face

The Washington Football Team has a strong defense, led by pass rusher Chase Young and a productive secondary. The unit should improve with the addition of rookie linebacker Jamin Davis. Last season, Washington ranked third in Football Outsiders’ defensive DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average) ratings.

Potential trap games

Until the Raiders prove to be true contenders, their rivalry with the Chiefs will remain one in which the trap-game factor will be high. The Chiefs’ first loss last season was produced by the Raiders, who celebrated by taking victory laps around Arrowhead Stadium to celebrate their first win there since 2012. The Raiders are likely to have a few schematic surprises for the Chiefs when the two teams meet later this year.

Potential revenge games

Two games stand out here. The first such game is with the Ravens, who have yet to defeat the Chiefs since Mahomes became the starter in 2018. Last season, the Chiefs embarrassed the Ravens in a blowout road win on Monday Night Football.

The Bills fell to the Chiefs twice last season, and their return to Arrowhead is a rematch of the AFC Championship Game. Even with a 9-0 lead early in that game, the Bills were smashed by the Chiefs in 38-24 loss. The sweetest victory in the regular season for the Bills is if they defeat the Chiefs to generate one of the AFC’s newest rivalries.

Record prediction

Let’s go with a 13-4 record. In previous years, I’ve tended to project a bit of a conservative record for the Chiefs. A year ago, I felt the Chiefs were safe to finish the 2020 regular season with an impressive 12-4 record. The team instead went 14-2 — and the second loss occurred in an inconsequential season finale. That record, of course, allowed the Chiefs to have the top playoff spot in the AFC and host the AFC Championship Game for a third consecutive year.

With the addition of the 17th game this season, my belief is that the Chiefs remain the top contender in the AFC, just ahead of the Bills, Ravens and Browns. The Chiefs’ offense, led by Reid and Mahomes, should continue to be dynamic. Similar to last season, the Chiefs’ defense under coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has perhaps the biggest room to improve throughout the season since the unit added more talent in defensive tackle Jarran Reed and rookie linebacker Nick Bolton.

Once again, upon first glance, the four losses for the Chiefs could be against the Bills (revenge factor), the Ravens (revenge factor again), the Packers (if Rodgers is the opposing quarterback) and one of their AFC West rivals (most likely the Chargers in the Thursday night road game).

AFC West prediction

1. Chiefs; 2. Chargers; 3. Raiders; 4. Broncos.

The Chiefs still have the best roster — and the best quarterback — in the division. The Chargers have had a smart offseason and appear, yet again, to be an ascending team. The Raiders might have some improvements to be a potential playoff team. And the Broncos, understandably, are still deep into their rebuilding process.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:06 AM 05-13-2021
Looking forward to every single one of these. Let the games begin!

WK Date Opponent Kickoff time TV QB
1 Sept. 12 vs Browns 3:25 p.m. CT CBS QB Baker Mayfield
2 Sept. 19 at Ravens 7:20 p.m. CT NBC QB Lamar Jackson
3 Sept. 26 vs Chargers 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Justin Herbert
4 Oct. 3 at Eagles 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Jalen Hurts
5 Oct. 10 vs Bills 7:20 p.m. CT NBC QB Josh Allen
6 Oct. 17 at Washington 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
7 Oct. 24 at Titans 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Ryan Tannehill
8 Nov. 1 vs Giants 7:15 p.m. CT ESPN QB Daniel Jones
9 Nov. 7 vs Packers 3:25 p.m. CT Fox QB Aaron Rodgers?
10 Nov. 14 at Raiders 7:20 p.m. CT NBC QB Derek Carr
11 Nov. 21 vs Cowboys 3:25 p.m. CT Fox QB Dak Prescott
12 BYE - - -
13 Dec. 5 vs Broncos 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Teddy Bridgewater
14 Dec. 12 vs Raiders 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Derek Carr
15 Dec. 16 at Chargers 7:20 p.m. CT Fox QB Justin Herbert
16 Dec. 26 vs Steelers 3:25 p.m. CT CBS QB Ben Roethlisberger
17 Jan. 2 at Bengals 12 p.m. CT CBS QB Joe Burrow
18 Jan. 9 at Broncos 3:25 p.m. CT CBS QB Teddy Bridgewater
[Reply]
mkp785 05-13-2021, 12:07 AM
This message has been deleted by mkp785. Reason: Tagged the wrong person
bringbackmarty 12:12 AM 05-13-2021
Chargers on my birthday, going. I don't care if I'm by myself In the upper deck.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:13 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I really hope Aaron Rodgers just sits out a year

I think it will be hilarious watching all the media folks try to hype up a shit greenbay team that has 5 primetime games if they don't have Rodgers

really without Rodgers they are shit
Adams will be looking to leave in the off-season too. Maybe to a team that can help him finally win a ring...
[Reply]
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Up