ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>•••• The Bowling Thread ••••
threebag 02:17 PM 06-15-2024
So, bowling is a fun sport at any level. From first dates, childhood parties or serious league action. Bowling has something for everybody. This is a depository, repository or suppository for stories, tips of the trade, and overall good times at the Bowling Alley. Enjoy the bar food, Cold Beer and good times.
[Reply]
threebag 02:18 PM 06-15-2024
Anyone league bowl? High scores? Awards/patches?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:36 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
So, bowling is a fun sport at any level. From first dates, childhood parties or serious league action. Bowling has something for everybody. This is a depository, repository or suppository for stories, tips of the trade, and overall good times at the Bowling Alley. Enjoy the bar food, Cold Beer and good times.

Wow....right down my alley if you pardon the pun.

Some of my best memories are from bowling with my dad. My feet were still too small to fit into the house bowling shoes when I started bowling. I was in the Prep Leagues every year bowling on Saturday mornings...then onto Juniors and then the Majors. My dad was a great bowler...my older brother actually went to Southwest Baptist on a bowling scholarship....I bowled in leagues until I reached age 60 and started having knee problems.

My claim to "fame" was beating my brother in the State Parent/Child Tournament my junior year in HS. My Dad shot a 688 series and I shot a 622....my Dad bowled in a different time slot with my older brother in that same tournament and he shot a 658 and my brother shot 604. The ride.home from the state tournament was great as I was happy and my brother pissed because he was trying to repeat as champion. ��
[Reply]
New World Order 02:38 PM 06-15-2024
Ernie Mcracken
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:41 PM 06-15-2024
You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:43 PM 06-15-2024
My only other great time was finishing 5th in the Fred Broski/ King Louie Amateur tournament. The Top 5 appeared on the televised show to compete for the Top Prize...

Unfortunately I was an employee of King Louie International the bowling shirt division of King Louie and as such since I was an employee I wasn't allowed to finish in the Top 5 even though my final series total was good enough for 5th place and qualify for the televised show.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:44 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ernie Mcracken
Earl Anthony...
[Reply]
HayWire 02:46 PM 06-15-2024
When I used to drink bowling was a blast

Not as much fun when there are 10 pins instead of 20.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:49 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
My only other great time was finishing 5th in the Fred Broski/ King Louie Amateur tournament. The Top 5 appeared on the televised show to compete for the Top Prize...

Unfortunately I was an employee of King Louie International the bowling shirt division of King Louie and as such since I was an employee I wasn't allowed to finish in the Top 5 even though my final series total was good enough for 5th place and qualify for the televised show.
I remember Fred Broski! Wasn't he the weatherman on channel 9? I know he did Bowling for Dollars too.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:15 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I remember Fred Broski! Wasn't he the weatherman on channel 9? I know he did Bowling for Dollars too.
Yes he was the weatherman for Channel 9...and yes he did the Bowling for Dollars show.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:16 PM 06-15-2024
Bowling is cool. Its for drunk, fat, Bald people.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:22 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Very bad stereotyping....
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:24 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Who do you think you are I am!!!
[Reply]
Bump 03:27 PM 06-15-2024
I was a competitive bowler in high school. There was a city league with other high schoolers, I think my average was only about 180ish though so not the best but not the worst. I did have a 240 game once and that was my highest.

I loved it, nobody ever taught me how to bowl so I came up with my own style but it probably would have been better if I learned the curve ball that I saw other people doing.

When my team beat this other team, they got real mad. Big mad and one of them was a wrestler and offered to step outside and fight over it. He kept saying "we won, we won, you lost, we won you lost" and I just kept saying "dude look at the scoreboard, you did not win dumb fuck" and we stepped outside and got in a 10-15 minute brawl over it.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:31 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Very bad stereotyping....
I wish it didn't have that stereotype. Our dad's bowled. Now all the dads golf and clog up all the golf courses.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up