smithandrew051 03:28 PM 03-21-2021
Probably for the best
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:03 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Good. Call him up in a month or two if he's raking
[Reply]
kstater 05:17 PM 03-21-2021
I was good with either choice. Can understand both perspectives.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:18 PM 03-21-2021
There was literally no way he was starting up here. He's played a small amount of minor league games. The hype around him however is unlike any that I can remember from a Royals prospect. What was hype like online for Gordon? Was it this crazy?
[Reply]
Valiant 05:29 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
There was literally no way he was starting up here. He's played a small amount of minor league games. The hype around him however is unlike any that I can remember from a Royals prospect. What was hype like online for Gordon? Was it this crazy?
It was odd. I don't remember him showing that level witt did of what he could become. But I do remember the commercials and the star saying he was the next heir to brett.
[Reply]
tk13 05:34 PM 03-21-2021
I think Twitter doesn't help, even non-Royals fans were going wild over what Witt was doing. Gordon didn't have that really.

That said, it's hard to compare anyone to the hype around Johnny Damon. But some of that was the Royals fault for putting him in that commercial with Brett.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:11 PM 03-21-2021
I think we could use Bobbys offensive punch out of the gate........if he struggles, send him down
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:23 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
This one was easy. The Royals absolutely stole Salvy for years. There's nothing wrong with this contract

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Who cares?

You’re paying for the future not the past. Don’t be dense.

I am agnostic on the deal - his bat was insane last year and looks great in Arizona. He can absolutely command that if he hits anywhere close.

But you NEVER pay on the past. See: Alex Gordon. Mike Sweeney.
[Reply]
kstater 08:10 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Who cares?

I am agnostic on the deal - his bat was insane last year and looks great in Arizona. He can absolutely command that if he hits anywhere close.

I knew you would think this, and understand your thoughts. I just disagree in some instances like this. There is value in paying the sentimental contract

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 08:11 PM 03-21-2021
Who cares?

Can't say I disagree. Dayton isn't really a shrewd businessman though. He just throws player friendly deals at people all the time. We are soooo lucky SD offered Hosmer a little more.I'd like to think this helps us in free agency. I'm sure if all things equal, people would want to play for the more player friendly GM.
[Reply]
tk13 08:13 PM 03-21-2021
I knew you would think this, and understand your thoughts. I just disagree in some instances like this. There is value in paying the sentimental contract

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is a sentimental aspect to it, but to Dayton's credit he's definitely done well to establish that the Royals are not a ruthless front office. They'll take care of their players. They're never going to be the biggest spenders but it doesn't hurt when it comes to getting free agents like Santana and Mike Minor.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:20 PM 03-21-2021
lk

Sal got this deal crushing 2020 pitching.

He’d have gotten a similar deal from someone else putting us into this iIs. (See Grandal, Realmuto)

We have little committed so I’m fine with it. But the dude really earned it in 2020, not before
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:35 PM 03-21-2021
Sal got this deal crushing 2020 pitching.

He’d have gotten a similar deal from someone else putting us into this iIs. (See Grandal, Realmuto)

We have little committed so I’m fine with it. But the dude really earned it in 2020, not before
He had over a 1.000 OPS going into the final game. Part of me wanted Matheny to pull him in that last game just to maintain that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:35 AM 03-22-2021
the two weak spots in the line-up are CF and 2nd.

Start Witt and Isbell in AA and if they're raking in a few weeks/a month and either guy in KC is stinking it up, bring 'em up, with the saved year of control. Win/Win.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:16 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
the two weak spots in the line-up are CF and 2nd.

Start Witt and Isbell in AA and if they're raking in a few weeks/a month and either guy in KC is stinking it up, bring 'em up, with the saved year of control. Win/Win.
This ^
[Reply]
Page 44 of 440
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up