ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Pennywise 04:05 PM 11-25-2002
Does anybody know anything good or bad about Schecter?

I can get this guitar for $529 from Musicians friend or at one of the Guitar Center's. I kind of dig it. With the exception of the frets. I ain't really hip on the diamonds.

How is that Guitar Port working out nmt1?

I am adding that to the list also. Ill probably just end up getting a shit sandwich. Been way more naughty than nice this year.
Attached: dgfoto20.jpg (22.3 KB) 
[Reply]
booger 04:33 PM 11-25-2002
Lzen

Thanks for the Link. :-)

Right now price range would be 300-500. I might not find what i am looking for in that range. Don't want to just get one for a good price and have it turn out not really what I want so I am trying to stay patient. :-)

Tried a Dean modell, a few Takamini's, some fenders, etc.
I almost bought an Ibanez. It was a thin boday cutaway. They had 2 to choose from. Both were at a local music store and had funky colors. A maroon metalic and an ugly blue no one wanted. Could have chose between the two for 240 for either of them with out the hard body case.

I would like to find an A/E thin body cutaway that has that same full bodied acoustic sound when unplugged. Briefly checked out the link. Looks good, kinda pricy but seems they have a good product.

I have tried to do a partial trade with my electric fender squire/strat. It was used by a young kid who gave up and I got it 3 yrs ago at a music shop who is a big fender dealer. Got it for 150 and it was like new. Today there are so many like it around. Fenders and knockoffs. With the economy stores really don't like the trade ideas and pawn shops will try to rip you off.

Probably should just keep it as a momento. No wife and no kids so I might just have to put a new A/E on credit card.:-)

PRIEST

Thanks for the musiciansfriend link. I'll have to check that out.
:-)
[Reply]
nmt1 12:53 PM 12-05-2002
Hey guys, just picked up a Cry Baby wah wah peddle from Mars during their going out of business sale. It's used and a little beat up but it works. Fun to play around with.

Booger:

I got my Ibanez for around $400 and it's awesome. Everytime I look at another guitar I compare it to my Ibanez. I'm just a newbie but I love my guitar.

SA160QM
Attached: sa160qmtg.jpeg (40.9 KB) 
[Reply]
mcan 12:57 PM 12-05-2002
I figured you'ld like that Ibanez. The S series is a great body style. Really comfortable, and decent pickups on most Ibanez stuff...

How much did Mars take you over for for a used "going out of business" Wah? You should be able to pick up a brand new standard Cry Baby for about $80.00. If a USED one is beat up, I wouldn't give any more than $50.00.

Mcan
Hates mars...
[Reply]
Lzen 02:32 PM 12-05-2002
Here's a thin bodied acoustic. :-) Never tried one but I always thought they were pretty cool looking. Stratocoustic
$269.99
Attached: stratocoustic.jpg (14.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 02:36 PM 12-05-2002
Musician's Friend is a great place to buy stuff at great prices. I've made a lot of purchases through them. My last guitar, my stack, my pedal board, guitar stand were all purchased through them. :-) Here's a Telecoustic

Same price $269.99
Attached: telecoustic.jpg (14.4 KB) 
[Reply]
mcan 03:52 PM 12-05-2002
Lzen,

Those last two guitars are both really crappy...

I like the idea of a thin neck and all, but they are made from the crappiest of meterials. They are "plywood" or "laminate" top guitars, with shoddy workmanship, and cheap electronics. They are cheap, but they sound like absolute crap when they aren't plugged in, and when you do plug them in, they sound cheap, distant, toneless, and tinny...

If you want to get a decent electric acoustic, you'll have to jump up a couple hundred bucks and get an Artwood or something in that price range. Washburn makes a few good ones (but also a few crappy ones). Takamine makes some good ones too. A guitar that I've liked for awhile now (if you can find them) is the Seagull. All of thier guitars are made with solid tops (spruce or cedar). For more information (and no hype) go HERE.

Be sure and read the "seagull story" link on the page, and learn a bit about how an acoustic guitar is made, and why solid tops are best...
[Reply]
nmt1 09:50 AM 12-06-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mcan
I figured you'ld like that Ibanez. The S series is a great body style. Really comfortable, and decent pickups on most Ibanez stuff...

How much did Mars take you over for for a used "going out of business" Wah? You should be able to pick up a brand new standard Cry Baby for about $80.00. If a USED one is beat up, I wouldn't give any more than $50.00.

Mcan
Hates mars...
I paid $50 for it. It's not in terrible shape. The bottom of it is bent in a little and it was a little dirty but that's it.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:52 AM 12-06-2002
mcan,
Thanks for the info. Now I'm glad I didn't buy one. I'm actually pretty much sold on a Carvin A/E. I have a bud here at work who owns one along with 4 or 5 Carvin electrics. I've played most of them and they are definitely very good guitars, IMO. I'm sold. :-)
[Reply]
nmt1 09:36 AM 12-13-2002
Thought this was a cool website. I'll be using it quite a bit I think.

http://www.guitartricks.com/
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:06 AM 12-13-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by nmt1
Thought this was a cool website. I'll be using it quite a bit I think.

http://www.guitartricks.com/

Those are some cool ass links (friends of gl: )as well.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:46 AM 12-19-2002
One for me...
Attached: zoomii.jpg (30.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Braincase 10:28 AM 12-19-2002
I love Ebay... what do you guys think of the other Danelectro pedals? I've got the tuner coming, along with the French Toast, Chili Dog, Surf and Turf Compressor, and the Chicken Salad Vibrato. I'm thinking about adding an overdrive and maybe the autowah or a distortion pedal or an analog delay or ...

a Line 6 POD XT? /drool on
Attached: dan60pk.jpg (14.8 KB) 
[Reply]
nmt1 11:07 AM 12-19-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase
I love Ebay... what do you guys think of the other Danelectro pedals? I've got the tuner coming, along with the French Toast, Chili Dog, Surf and Turf Compressor, and the Chicken Salad Vibrato. I'm thinking about adding an overdrive and maybe the autowah or a distortion pedal or an analog delay or ...

a Line 6 POD XT? /drool on
Let me know how the Danelectros sound when you get them.
The Zoom 505 is pretty cool. You'll probably want to change the default effects b/c many of them sound similar.
[Reply]
KCJohnny 11:42 AM 12-19-2002
I own the Danelectro echo pedal (pictured in reply #192) and for $37.50 it's awesome.
KCJ
Musical Genius
:-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up