ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 173
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:18 PM 11-14-2023
Watched E1 of The Curse on Showtime last night and it is...ummm interesting for lack of a better descriptor

Unique story that seems well put together with some definite WTF moments

Picking up weirder, creepier Ozarks vibes from the first episode

I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops

[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:25 PM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Watched E1 of The Curse on Showtime last night and it is...ummm interesting for lack of a better descriptor

Unique story that seems well put together with some definite WTF moments

Picking up weirder, creepier Ozarks vibes from the first episode

I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops

We gave it a shot and tapped out halfway through the episode. Nathan for you was an incredible show. The Rehearsal started strong and then our interest waned as the episodes moved along. I have no idea WTF this is. Is it supposed to be a reality show or scripted? For instance, the dad of the daughter in the parking lot who put the curse on Nathan was Barkhad Abdi, the main bad dude from Captain Phillips. We might come back to it, but this feels way too scripted to be funny for my taste at the moment.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:29 PM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
We gave it a shot and tapped out halfway through the episode. Nathan for you was an incredible show. The Rehearsal started strong and then our interest waned as the episodes moved along. I have no idea WTF this is. Is it supposed to be a reality show or scripted? For instance, the dad of the daughter in the parking lot who put the curse on Nathan was Barkhad Abdi, the main bad dude from Captain Phillips. We might come back to it, but this feels way too scripted to be funny for my taste at the moment.
Tell me you at least got to the tiny dicks part

The spoof on all these HGTV type shows had me amused enough to stay engaged so I'm curious to see where it goes which is hopefully more than just overly witty banter.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:18 PM 11-14-2023
Tell me you at least got to the tiny dicks part

The spoof on all these HGTV type shows had me amused enough to stay engaged so I'm curious to see where it goes which is hopefully more than just overly witty banter.
I thought it was a great first episode.

Felder is amazing. Emma Stone is one of the top actresses on the planet. It'll be an interesting evolution.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11-17-2023, 04:37 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
ChiliConCarnage 01:31 PM 11-19-2023
I watched the first season of Upload when it came out. It was light and fun. I didn't see the second season and noticed the 3rd was out recently when in the Amazon app recently.

I've been trying to get into Bodies. The premise seems neat. I think the storytelling/acting seems fine but it's been slow and hard to get into through the first few episodes
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:09 PM 11-19-2023
Highly anticipating a new episode of The Gilded Age tonight.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:18 AM 11-20-2023
Going to throw another endorsement for Upload... it seems pretty fun.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:09 PM 11-22-2023
I'm 3 episodes in on A Murder at the End of the World (Hulu) and am enjoying it

Seems really well made and executed so far
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:59 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I watched the first season of Upload when it came out. It was light and fun. I didn't see the second season and noticed the 3rd was out recently when in the Amazon app recently.

I've been trying to get into Bodies. The premise seems neat. I think the storytelling/acting seems fine but it's been slow and hard to get into through the first few episodes
I ended up watching the entire series of Upload. There are so many interesting twists and possibilities brought up with AI, it is fun. :-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:47 AM 11-24-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I ended up watching the entire series of Upload. There are so many interesting twists and possibilities brought up with AI, it is fun. :-)
I love that they make the soulless AI guy a redhead. That is absolutely hilarious. The AI guy is half the fun in the show.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:41 AM 11-27-2023
I recently watched "The Fall of the House of Usher" on Netflix.

It was amazing. Knowing a lot about Poe gave extra "Hey, I get that!" moments, but even otherwise, the buildup, the moments, the concept, and the performances were all top-notch.

Edit: Oh! Just saw the thread on this.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:32 PM 12-01-2023
I'm 3 episodes in on A Murder at the End of the World (Hulu) and am enjoying it

Seems really well made and executed so far
I kind of wish I'd waited and binged this show lol. I want to know what happens! Pretty good who dunit type with flashbacks
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:54 PM 12-28-2023
I watched "All the Light We Cannot See" on Netflix. I dunno if this should be in this thread or the movies thread since it's only 4 episodes. I'm sticking it here because there were notable breaks for episodes.

Anyway, onto the business. I recommend this. And normally I wouldn't. This, in improper hands would be GARBAGE. Most of it is a little too on the nose for me, but it handles it really well.

There were several components that made the thing float. Most notably were the sets. My god they were good. I'm no expert in WWII uniforms or architecture, but they really knocked it out of the park IMO.

More importantly though, the performances are good. Excellent in fact. Of the major players, any of them not bringing the heat, this thing turns into a lifetime movie.

I didn't really need any nazism in my life. But I am glad I watched this one. There are some really high brow components of this and it pulled it off pretty well without bashing you over the head with it.

tl;dr: This wouldn't normally be my gig, but it's really good and I'm glad I watched it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:16 PM 12-28-2023
Agree 100%

All the Light We Cannot See is perfectly filmed and executed (unintended)

Its really freaking good
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:46 PM 12-29-2023
I think it has been mentioned in here before but my wife and I are loving Peaky Blinders on Netflix. We have watched the first 4 seasons in a few weeks now. Great acting and great writing.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 173
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Up