ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Not smoking pot
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 07-31-2018
So, for the first time in my adult life, for several reasons, I am abstaining from ingesting anything with THC.

DAY 3 :

Jittery, anxious. No coffee this morning. Stomach is..."tight."

Yogurt for breakfast.

The day seemed to drag on and on, in a painful way.

I have some real anxiety issues, and my self-control is being tested.

Anyone ever take a 'hiatus' or quit and have some...'side effects'?

I could take a benzo or a painkiller, but I'm really not a fan of either...

Trying to be normal.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:04 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
How you doing Rabble? You good? SEnt you a birthday text. Thanks for the response, dick.
You did!? Damn...I'll go respond right now!

Thanks...dick! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:51 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Not really. You've merely stated your opinion without scriptural reference.

No thank you... I'd be interested in having a conversation but I'm not about to pour through dogma to find out exactly what you base your statements on.
Tradition is bigger than scripture, brother. In fact all the bible is is written tradition. But Catholics dont believe in scripture alone unlike many protestant denominations. (Nor faith alone for that matter.) In fact not even the bible refers to scripture as being the pillar of truth. The bible says the church is the pillar of truth. And the only church that goes back to Jesus himself is the Catholic Church. And the pillar of truth, Catholic Church, says smoking weed is a sin. :-)

You already know. You just like being stubborn.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:26 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Tradition is bigger than scripture, brother. In fact all the bible is is written tradition. But Catholics dont believe in scripture alone unlike many protestant denominations. (Nor faith alone for that matter.) In fact not even the bible refers to scripture as being the pillar of truth. The bible says the church is the pillar of truth. And the only church that goes back to Jesus himself is the Catholic church. And the pillar of truth, Catholic Church, says smoking weed is a sin. :-)

Pretty sure it says child molestation is a sin too. I am Catholic and I think the church is full of shit.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:28 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Pretty sure it says child molestation is a sin too. I am Catholic and I think the church is full of shit.
Then you're actually not Catholic, brother.

And remember, even within the 12 apostles there was Judas. The church has always been broken. But it is alive. And the gates of hell wont reign against it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:30 PM 03-19-2020
Happy Birthday!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:32 PM 03-19-2020
I love you guys. Awesome stuff. Go Chiefs
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:43 PM 03-19-2020
Tradition is bigger than scripture, brother. In fact all the bible is is written tradition. But Catholics dont believe in scripture alone unlike many protestant denominations. (Nor faith alone for that matter.) In fact not even the bible refers to scripture as being the pillar of truth. The bible says the church is the pillar of truth. And the only church that goes back to Jesus himself is the Catholic Church. And the pillar of truth, Catholic Church, says smoking weed is a sin. :-)

:-):-):-):-):-)

Here ends our "conversation".
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:44 PM 03-19-2020
:-):-):-):-):-)

Here ends our "conversation".
So petty :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:50 PM 03-19-2020
So petty :-)
That isn't being petty... that is laughing in disagreement that the Catholic church is above the written word.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:56 PM 03-19-2020
That isn't being petty... that is laughing in disagreement that the Catholic church is above the written word.
Can I just have the last word? That's all I want at this point. :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:01 PM 03-19-2020
Can I just have the last word? That's all I want at this point. :-)
Damn... a lack of humility. Doesn't the Catholic church have something to say on that subject? I'd point to the "turn the other cheek" aspect of the bible but apparently Catholic dogma > the bible.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:16 AM 03-20-2020
Damn... a lack of humility. Doesn't the Catholic church have something to say on that subject? I'd point to the "turn the other cheek" aspect of the bible but apparently Catholic dogma > the bible.
Catholics put the bible together, brother. It's our book.
Jesus established His church. His church established the Bible. For 1500 years after Christ there was one church without schism. Though there were many heresies outside the church, the church remained as Jesus said it would.

During the Protestant Revolt, it started with Martin Luther and people who agreed with him. Then they disagreed with each other. (They only broke away from Christs Church once. But they've broke away from eachother tens of thousands of times.) Then King James wanted to do his thing and they removed books of the Bible. So there whole Protestant thing is rooted in schism. But the truth they have (which can vary from group to group) is to the credit of the Catholic Church.

I must say this though. In regards to the Protestants that were born Protestant and only ever knew that they were Christians and Jesus saves, there's an innocence there. Being I understand that I'm actually not judging. Not everyone knows.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:47 AM 03-20-2020
Catholics put the bible together, brother. It's our book.
Jesus established His church. His church established the Bible. For 1500 years after Christ there was one church without schism. Though there were many heresies outside the church, the church remained as Jesus said it would.

During the Protestant Revolt, it started with Martin Luther and people who agreed with him. Then they disagreed with each other. (They only broke away from Christs Church once. But they've broke away from eachother tens of thousands of times.) Then King James wanted to do his thing and they removed books of the Bible. So there whole Protestant thing is rooted in schism. But the truth they have (which can vary from group to group) is to the credit of the Catholic Church.

I must say this though. In regards to the Protestants that were born Protestant and only ever knew that they were Christians and Jesus saves, there's an innocence there. Being I understand that I'm actually not judging. Not everyone knows.
What makes your story book better than anybody else’s, I mean it’s no lord of the rings.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:00 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
What makes your story book better than anybody else’s, I mean it’s no lord of the rings.
Lord of the Rings was written by a Catholic and has MANY underlying Catholic comparisons. It's essentially a Catholic story. Chronicles of Narnia too. Look it up. (You have no idea how much I love that you said that. You're awesome bro! :-))
[Reply]
Monticore 06:29 AM 03-20-2020
Lord of the Rings was written by a Catholic and has MANY underlying Catholic comparisons. It's essentially a Catholic story. Chronicles of Narnia too. Look it up. (You have no idea how much I love that you said that. You're awesome bro! :-))
lord of the rings was way more realistic and brainwashed a lot more people.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up