ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3877 of 3903
« First < 2877337737773827386738733874387538763877 38783879388038813887 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:10 PM 02-26-2022
I think everyone knows someone or family or friend that has died from Covid. I think the real sad part is that the isolation of loved ones is got to be the worst part. Not being able to hug or be there for the sick in close proximity to give comfort. I haven't gone through this thread for a long time because of my depression but my heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by loss of people they know that meant something to them. :-) :-) prayers sent and I'll pray for anyone that asks.

All that said what is weird is, neither me or my GF has got the shot. With COPD I could be wrong but I really don't want to risk the shot making me sick. My doctor suggested i get it. My work or if you are a Kansan employee is required to or mandated to get the vacs but you can get exempt for medical reasons but my doctor wouldn't sign off on it. Or religious reasons, and all I had to do was check a box and sign the paper.

Well I was off for a period in January and I stayed with my GF who got sick from Covid. She even used my Burt's Beeze champstick and I never got sick but I'm surprised I didn't catch it. She has lingering affects but she never got too sick either but mostly fatigue. I think the reason i didn't get it is I've had it before but I blamed a Subway sandwich making me sick with diarea one day and throwing up the next day and four days of fatigue but I felt so drained I never went and got checked but after the fourth day I felt fine and went back to work without any symptoms. About twice a year I come down with bronchitis because of COPD and get roids to help and maybe it helped but I think I'm immune ?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:41 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I think everyone knows someone or family or friend that has died from Covid. I think the real sad part is that the isolation of loved ones is got to be the worst part. Not being able to hug or be there for the sick in close proximity to give comfort. I haven't gone through this thread for a long time because of my depression but my heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by loss of people they know that meant something to them. :-) :-) prayers sent and I'll pray for anyone that asks.

All that said what is weird is, neither me or my GF has got the shot. With COPD I could be wrong but I really don't want to risk the shot making me sick. My doctor suggested i get it. My work or if you are a Kansan employee is required to or mandated to get the vacs but you can get exempt for medical reasons but my doctor wouldn't sign off on it. Or religious reasons, and all I had to do was check a box and sign the paper.

Well I was off for a period in January and I stayed with my GF who got sick from Covid. She even used my Burt's Beeze champstick and I never got sick but I'm surprised I didn't catch it. She has lingering affects but she never got too sick either but mostly fatigue. I think the reason i didn't get it is I've had it before but I blamed a Subway sandwich making me sick with diarea one day and throwing up the next day and four days of fatigue but I felt so drained I never went and got checked but after the fourth day I felt fine and went back to work without any symptoms. About twice a year I come down with bronchitis because of COPD and get roids to help and maybe it helped but I think I'm immune ?
If your doctor thinks you should get it, I'm not sure that the opinions of random dudes on the internet matter.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:42 PM 02-26-2022
The governor of Colorado declared yesterday that Covid measures are over (barring some new variant or something), and Coloradans can go back to normal.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/02/2...covid-roadmap/

Over 80 percent of Coloradans are vaccinated and over 90 percent have some sort of vaccine or acquired immunity.
[Reply]
2112 07:12 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If your doctor thinks you should get it, I'm not sure that the opinions of random dudes on the internet matter.
I would go with this advice. I got Covid in October 2020 and then got vaxed in may 2021. My doctor told me not to get boosted because the chances of me dying is 0.1% and to wait because even better vaccine boosters are coming out soon.
[Reply]
TLO 07:55 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by 2112:
I would go with this advice. I got Covid in October 2020 and then got vaxed in may 2021. My doctor told me not to get boosted because the chances of me dying is 0.1% and to wait because even better vaccine boosters are coming out soon.
Sounds like a whole lot of speculation on his part.

Better boosters? MAYBE against the omicron variant in particular. But how well will those tailored to target omicron hold up against other strains?

A lot of unanswered questions. Saying something "better" is in the pipeline is pure speculation.
[Reply]
TLO 08:00 PM 02-26-2022
That said. You having a natural infection and being vaxxed, you probably don't even need a booster.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:08 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
That said. You having a natural infection and being vaxxed, you probably don't even need a booster.
The use of "vaccinated" and "booster" is subjective at best. A lot of countries don't consider a person vaccinated unless they have had 4 total shots. A person is probably not "vaccinated" unless they have had all boosters. That is the way it has worked in the past with every other vaccination.
[Reply]
2112 08:29 PM 02-26-2022
Sounds like a whole lot of speculation on his part.

Better boosters? MAYBE against the omicron variant in particular. But how well will those tailored to target omicron hold up against other strains?

A lot of unanswered questions. Saying something "better" is in the pipeline is pure speculation.
I’m not worried about it. I’m in pretty good health and shape and I’ve been exposed to Covid multiple times this winter and didn’t get it.

I’m gonna rely on my immune system for the near future.
[Reply]
2112 08:31 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by 2112:
I’m not worried about it. I’m in pretty good health and shape and I’ve been exposed to Covid multiple times this winter and didn’t get it.

I’m gonna rely on my immune system for the near future.
Also, being infected first and then getting vaxed after seems to give out super human immunity lol I’d have to agree with that in my case so far.
[Reply]
TLO 11:21 AM 03-01-2022
Cases have all but disappeared around here. Averaging like 12 - 15 per day. Down from 250+ a day a month or so ago.

Hospitalizations in the mid teens and holding steady.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:58 AM 03-01-2022
Strange times. My 18 year old daughter had her first 2 Moderna shots but never got around to her 3rd. Covid is all but over now but she thinks her friends all believe she has had her 3rd shot. She says she feels like she is being dishonest by not telling them she hasn’t had her 3rd shot. I explained that if she wants her 3rd shot for health reasons then go for it but don’t do it if only out of peer pressure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Strange times. My 18 year old daughter had her first 2 Moderna shots but never got around to her 3rd. Covid is all but over now but she thinks her friends all believe she has had her 3rd shot. She says she feels like she is being dishonest by not telling them she hasn’t had her 3rd shot. I explained that if she wants her 3rd shot for health reasons then go for it but don’t do it if only out of peer pressure.
If she thinks her friends THINK she has her 3rd and she hasn't, she should be honest with them and just say she hasn't gotten it.

That being said, if that's a problem for them, she should find new friends that have better things to do with their fucking time.
[Reply]
loochy 12:03 PM 03-01-2022

it's none of their business how many shots she's had
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
it's none of their business how many shots she's had
Exactly.

I don't mind if people ask me if I'm vaxxed. It's a yes/no question.

But they're not getting my complete history, fuck that.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:08 PM 03-01-2022
I'm as pro-vax as they come, and I don't see a huge need to know whether people are boosted or not, especially since things are looking pretty stable right now. The chances of someone with two shots and asymptomatic infecting someone with three shots are incredibly low.
[Reply]
Page 3877 of 3903
« First < 2877337737773827386738733874387538763877 38783879388038813887 > Last »
Up