ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 192
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:53 PM 04-28-2021
Orlando Brown Jr's agent wants a new deal right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...or-chiefs/amp/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Orlando Brown Jr's agent wants a new deal right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...or-chiefs/amp/
Um, that's not Brown's agent.

That column was written by former agent Joel Corry.
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 04-28-2021
The more I've thought about it, you guys are right. They ideally would rather send him elsewhere, but they aren't in same division so you take the best you can get and move on.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:28 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I've thought about it, you guys are right. They ideally would rather send him elsewhere, but they aren't in same division so you take the best you can get and move on.

[Reply]

ThyKingdomCome15 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um, that's not Brown's agent.

That column was written by former agent Joel Corry.
I'm glad to hear that, thank you. We don't need that crap right now.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:14 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As a fan, of course no one is "fine" with that. But we're fans, we're emotionally invested.

As a front office, it's the right deal to make because it gives you the most ammunition to recover from a losing situation.

I'm sure this trade sucks in the eyes of Ravens fans.

Hell, i wasn't "fine" with trading Marcus Peters, even to the NFC.

How i feel about it doesn't change what's best for the team.

No one seems to feel any type of way about the fact that the Chiefs just gave up a 1st round draft pick to the best drafting team in the league.

No one seems to feel any type of way that we just made our top competition better by helping them out of a losing situation at the cost of our 1st round selection.

This shit cuts two ways, you know?
this is probably the biggest difference in our opinions... The Marcus Peters trade was warranted and are secondary and team unity is better today than if he was still here...
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:44 PM 04-28-2021
As I understood it, Peters was a terrible problem with his attitude. Also as I understand it, Brown just wanted to play LT and was otherwise no problem. Now Brown may have become a big problem with his attitude if he had stayed, but I certainly don't see him coming to the Chiefs with a huge attitude problem. Peters almost certainly went to the Rams with the same bad attitude that he had in KC as they have since traded him out. I see Brown as a much better acquisition than Peters was when he was traded.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:37 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
As I understood it, Peters was a terrible problem with his attitude. Also as I understand it, Brown just wanted to play LT and was otherwise no problem. Now Brown may have become a big problem with his attitude if he had stayed, but I certainly don't see him coming to the Chiefs with a huge attitude problem. Peters almost certainly went to the Rams with the same bad attitude that he had in KC as they have since traded him out. I see Brown as a much better acquisition than Peters was when he was traded.
Correct. Brown is a class act and left BAL on good terms. Everybody wins. (Except for when BAL plays KC. Then they lose.)
[Reply]
poolboy 05:47 PM 04-28-2021
it could be that OBJ ends up being better than Staley in the long run...that would be a minor punch in the ravens gut
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:37 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think the issue here is the whole idea of "the one team you can't beat".

We're talking about NFL teams here, full of alpha dogs with huge egos. No NFL team actually thinks there's a "team they can't beat". In fact, Harbaugh recently said as much in a press conference.

WE look at the Chiefs as the Ravens' kryptonite but the RAVENS don't see it that way. The Ravens are only concerned with being the best team they can be. That doesn't mean we're wrong and they're right. It's just the reality of the situation - NFL teams don't worry about other teams, they worry about themselves.

I mean honestly, if the Ravens were REALLY worried about getting over the KC hurdle, GIVING KC a left tackle is practically irrelevant compared to Baltimore GETTING a new QB.

Ravens have not beaten the Chiefs since 2012.
Kansas City Chiefs lead series 7-4-0
Points Scored: Kansas City Chiefs 254, Baltimore Ravens 225
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ravens have not beaten the Chiefs since 2012.
Kansas City Chiefs lead series 7-4-0
Points Scored: Kansas City Chiefs 254, Baltimore Ravens 225
That changes nothing.

The Ravens don't fear the Chiefs. They don't believe they can't beat the Chiefs. They don't care about those numbers you posted.

Honestly, all of this talk about the Chiefs being the Ravens rival is pretty fucking stupid. The Ravens have gotten bounced from the playoffs two years in a row by a team OTHER than the Chiefs.

They've got to get past Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Indy, Buffalo, and others before they can even THINK about beating the Chiefs.

Yet another reason for them to do this trade and get back a bunch of picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 PM 04-28-2021
Just to be clear, it's not "Staley" as in the guy that used to play tackle for the 49ers or the new coach in San Die...err, LA.

The Ravens LT is Ronnie Stanley, with an N.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:57 PM 04-28-2021
That changes nothing.

The Ravens don't fear the Chiefs. They don't believe they can't beat the Chiefs. They don't care about those numbers you posted.

Honestly, all of this talk about the Chiefs being the Ravens rival is pretty ****ing stupid. The Ravens have gotten bounced from the playoffs two years in a row by a team OTHER than the Chiefs.

They've got to get past Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Indy, Buffalo, and others before they can even THINK about beating the Chiefs.

Yet another reason for them to do this trade and get back a bunch of picks.
The Ravens biggest obstacle is not the Chiefs, it's the gameplan the Titans rolled out against them in the Divisional Round last season. The one that sells out to clog up running lanes and the middle of the field and forces Lamar to beat you by throwing to the sidelines. The Chiefs copied that strategy verbatim this season, and the Bills held them to 3 points with that same blueprint in the playoffs this year. Every time, the Ravens not only lost, but lost by two scores.

It isn't the Chiefs that's the Ravens kryptonite, it's their offenses inability to overcome that defense, and unless they get GOLDEN luck in the playoffs, they're going to inevitably run into a team who'll be able to run that D competently. THAT's the major problem for the Ravens right now. Multiple Ravens' players have admitted as much. Some Ravens fans think a true WR threat (I.E., not Sammy Watkins) can solve that problem, but we'll see. It reminds me of how teams would load the box and play Cover 2 with a good zone blitz to neutralize Alex in the playoffs. The dude just could never get comfortable in those games and that formula knocked us out in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Luckily the Chiefs realized this after 2016 and went all in for Patrick.

If I'm the Ravens, I'm doing everything I can to try to overcome that obstacle this offseason, but if Lamar ultimately can't even with new weapons (I.E., Alex with Hill & Kelce), I'd really hesitate before giving him big money for an extension. But they're not inviting me to any meetings, so what do I know?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Ravens biggest obstacle is not the Chiefs, it's the gameplan the Titans rolled out against them in the Divisional Round last season. The one that sells out to clog up running lanes and the middle of the field and forces Lamar to beat you by throwing to the sidelines. The Chiefs copied that strategy verbatim this season. Every time, the Ravens not only lost, but lost by two scores.

It isn't the Chiefs that's the Ravens kryptonite, it's that defense -- and that's a major problem for the Ravens right now. Multiple players have admitted as much as well. Some Ravens fans think a true WR threat (I.E., not Sammy Watkins) can solve that problem, but we'll see. It reminds me of how teams would load the box and play Cover 2 with a good zone blitz to neutralize Alex in the playoffs. The dude just could never get comfortable in those games and that formula knocked him out in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Luckily the Chiefs realized this after 2016 and went all in for Patrick.

If I'm the Ravens, I'm doing everything I can to try to overcome that obstacle this offseason, because if Lamar can't, I'd really hesitate before giving him big money for an extension. But they're not inviting me to any meetings, so what do I know?
Exactly.

I even said as much in the post Halfcan quoted:

"I mean honestly, if the Ravens were REALLY worried about getting over the KC hurdle, GIVING KC a left tackle is practically irrelevant compared to Baltimore GETTING a new QB."

They're not getting past ANY of the contenders if they don't fix their passing offense and passing defense. They can't throw the ball and they can't rush the passer. Not a great formula to win playoff games.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 PM 04-28-2021
Exactly.

I even said as much in the post Halfcan quoted:

"I mean honestly, if the Ravens were REALLY worried about getting over the KC hurdle, GIVING KC a left tackle is practically irrelevant compared to Baltimore GETTING a new QB."

They're not getting past ANY of the contenders if they don't fix their passing offense and passing defense. They can't throw the ball and they can't rush the passer. Not a great formula to win playoff games.
And they’ll be a position address WR and DE with their two first round picks and should be able to get some serious talent.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 192
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Up