ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 173
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:03 PM 01-27-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Thanks so much. There are two or three on here who don't love me, but that's nothing new to me! All the support I have gotten and am getting from so many of you is truly humbling and I can't thank you all enough.
Well they're dickholes!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:44 PM 01-29-2017
On April 27th, I am throwing a big party in the Irish House in Aalborg, but not a birthday party for myself. It's going to be a gathering of family and friends. I chose that because I want to let everyone there know that they mean a lot to me and are reasons why I keep coming back to Denmark and why I feel like I am a part of the place. I am working on a speech to give before everyone is served dinner. I want to include that I feel like Denmark is a part of me, especially Aalborg and places like the Irish House, and I hope that in some way, I am a part of them, too.

My oldest cousin over there, who will be 67 in March, told me today that he has prostate cancer and starts treatment next week. I pray he can attend the party and that he has an easy time of it. So many people I know are coming down with various cancers and it's bothering me more than usual. I am so tired of it. I am tired of what it is doing to me and tired of it assailing so many people. I hope somehow the time passes quickly until my departure date. I need to get over there and recharge my spirit and get my heart back together.

Should my doctor and team tell me it would be better not to go over there, I may just go anyhow. I feel like if I don't, it will end up killing me, so I'd rather die over there and save time if that is how it is going to be. Of course, I might be on the verge of some wonderful new treatment that will turn things around, but if faced with the possibility of not surviving to the end of my trip, I say pack my bags, I'm going.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 AM 01-30-2017
I'd go.

Fuck cancer. Shit can seriously just get bent.
[Reply]
go bo 10:23 AM 01-30-2017
On April 27th, I am throwing a big party in the Irish House in Aalborg, but not a birthday party for myself. It's going to be a gathering of family and friends. I chose that because I want to let everyone there know that they mean a lot to me and are reasons why I keep coming back to Denmark and why I feel like I am a part of the place. I am working on a speech to give before everyone is served dinner. I want to include that I feel like Denmark is a part of me, especially Aalborg and places like the Irish House, and I hope that in some way, I am a part of them, too.

My oldest cousin over there, who will be 67 in March, told me today that he has prostate cancer and starts treatment next week. I pray he can attend the party and that he has an easy time of it. So many people I know are coming down with various cancers and it's bothering me more than usual. I am so tired of it. I am tired of what it is doing to me and tired of it assailing so many people. I hope somehow the time passes quickly until my departure date. I need to get over there and recharge my spirit and get my heart back together.

Should my doctor and team tell me it would be better not to go over there, I may just go anyhow. I feel like if I don't, it will end up killing me, so I'd rather die over there and save time if that is how it is going to be. Of course, I might be on the verge of some wonderful new treatment that will turn things around, but if faced with the possibility of not surviving to the end of my trip, I say pack my bags, I'm going.
that's the spirit!! live life too the fullest while you can, which is good advice for everybody, not just you...

thinking of you every day, man...

i hope i'll have your courage when it's time to face the music...

you truly are an inspiration to many of us! thank you for sharing!! :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 10:47 AM 01-30-2017

Ed, I've seen through facebook how much you enjoy those trips. Only you know what is best for you, but I say go for it.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:48 PM 01-30-2017
Damn it. My nurse called and said the biopsy results show that I am ineligible for the clinical trial. There is another test result that may come in today where if that one shows any mutation in the cancer, they can administer the immunotherapy as a regular treatment and not a clinical trial.

The doc wants to see me on Monday instead of Wednesday, too.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:15 PM 01-30-2017

Ed, I continue to be amazed by your spirit, and I wish you nothing but the greatest in travel and adventure, my friend!
[Reply]
cdcox 12:28 AM 01-31-2017
Damn it. My nurse called and said the biopsy results show that I am ineligible for the clinical trial. There is another test result that may come in today where if that one shows any mutation in the cancer, they can administer the immunotherapy as a regular treatment and not a clinical trial.

The doc wants to see me on Monday instead of Wednesday, too.
You are in my thoughts, Ed. I check on this thread every time it is on the front page. You go, Viking.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:17 AM 01-31-2017
I was having a bad day yesterday and something new happened. I coughed up some blood. It felt like and looked like a small clot, but it was stuck in my throat and didn't feel like it came up from a lung. With all my coughing, it is no surprise that my throat may be getting roughed up. Once I coughed it out, I coughed more since and there has been no blood.

My friend Chris came to see me directly from the airport after he arrived from St. Louis to pray over me. He is an amazing man and very dedicated to his global missionary work. He leaves Sunday for India again and he asked me to pray for him. It's very dangerous there where he is going because radical Hindus are in charge and he said they are killing Christians there and in greater numbers than ISIL can claim. The last time there, he said the group was almost arrested and one of the pastors in the global organization was murdered recently. His wife is going along, too. He won't have any social media to post on, so it's going to be tense wondering if he is okay. Should all go well there, he is set to visit Liberia and Ethiopia in April and May.

Chris prayed over me and I feel better emotionally than I did. I prayed for his safe journey. His courageous dedication to Jesus is amazing to me and I am baffled that he tells me how I inspire him and his wife. Me, really? He brought me some gifts, too, which I do not deserve. I am not a whiskey man by any means, but I now have a 750 ml of Redbreast Single Pot Still 21 year old Irish whiskey. The stuff retails for around 300 dollars. I had the 15 year old a couple of years back and it was not unpleasant. My brother said it was the best whiskey he ever had. I'm gonna have to hide this bottle when he gets here Friday, I think. :-)
[Reply]
tmax63 07:14 AM 01-31-2017
If he truly appreciates a fine whiskey then you may have to share just enough with him to make him really envious. What good is almost anything if you can't/don't share it with a friend. I said almost everything , not everything.......
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 01-31-2017
Did you ask the doctor about the clot, Ed? I think I might run it by him. I haven't had chronic coughs enough to make anything bleed. I have no idea what the risks are but with your propensity for infection, you make sure you keep that nonsense out.

Props to your friend. He must have gonads the size of coconuts to preach over there. But don't ever think that you aren't inspirational. You are my friend. Very much so.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:48 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by tmax63:
If he truly appreciates a fine whiskey then you may have to share just enough with him to make him really envious. What good is almost anything if you can't/don't share it with a friend. I said almost everything , not everything.......
Oh, he does. I got a bottle of 15 year old Redbreast a few years ago as a gift and gave it to my brother since I am a beer man, and he finished it with a buddy of his one Friday night! The 21 year old Redbreast is supposedly even better and the 15 was incredible, even coming from me. I hate bourbon and Scotch just tastes terrible to me. So for me to say a whiskey was not unpleasant is something. My brother said the 15 was the best whiskey he had ever tasted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:54 PM 01-31-2017
I was having a bad day yesterday and something new happened. I coughed up some blood. It felt like and looked like a small clot, but it was stuck in my throat and didn't feel like it came up from a lung. With all my coughing, it is no surprise that my throat may be getting roughed up. Once I coughed it out, I coughed more since and there has been no blood.

My friend Chris came to see me directly from the airport after he arrived from St. Louis to pray over me. He is an amazing man and very dedicated to his global missionary work. He leaves Sunday for India again and he asked me to pray for him. It's very dangerous there where he is going because radical Hindus are in charge and he said they are killing Christians there and in greater numbers than ISIL can claim. The last time there, he said the group was almost arrested and one of the pastors in the global organization was murdered recently. His wife is going along, too. He won't have any social media to post on, so it's going to be tense wondering if he is okay. Should all go well there, he is set to visit Liberia and Ethiopia in April and May.

Chris prayed over me and I feel better emotionally than I did. I prayed for his safe journey. His courageous dedication to Jesus is amazing to me and I am baffled that he tells me how I inspire him and his wife. Me, really? He brought me some gifts, too, which I do not deserve. I am not a whiskey man by any means, but I now have a 750 ml of Redbreast Single Pot Still 21 year old Irish whiskey. The stuff retails for around 300 dollars. I had the 15 year old a couple of years back and it was not unpleasant. My brother said it was the best whiskey he ever had. I'm gonna have to hide this bottle when he gets here Friday, I think. :-)
You ramin in my prayers. I hope when I ask him to bless you, he understands who "Lonewolf Ed" is. I'm sure he has Godoogle...
[Reply]
Renegade 01:04 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You ramin in my prayers. I hope when I ask him to bless you, he understands who "Lonewolf Ed" is. I'm sure he has Godoogle...
It always feels "funny" when I pray for Lonewolf Ed and Saccopoo. He must have a sense of humor.
[Reply]
scho63 02:00 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Renegade:
It always feels "funny" when I pray for Lonewolf Ed and Saccopoo. He must have a sense of humor.
Nice to meet you-we joined at the same time but you have been mostly in the shadows.

POS REP for coming out for Lonewolf Ed! :-)
[Reply]
Page 133 of 173
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up