ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 71
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:32 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s not about Wentz though. Indy is one of the top rushing teams in the league, and NE is just middle of the road against the run.

Colts defense is okay overall and New England doesn’t have many offensive weapons that really scare anyone.

I don’t see New England’s offense just running away with this one, so Indy should be able to commit to the run.

Wentz just needs to be able to make a few throws to keep New England’s defense honest.

This is the reason that it will be about Wentz.

You can bet your ass Belichick will place heavy emphasis on stopping Taylor and if that's the case, it'll be up to Wentz to make the big plays.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:50 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're one of the few who had the patience to see this through when we were flirting with disaster early in the year.

Kudos.
Andy just doesn't have bad years unless he's thoroughly wrecked by injuries.

I couldn't understand why people were so quick to throw in the towel. Posters went from calling this the best roster in Chiefs history to predicting a high draft pick in the span of a few weeks. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is the reason that it will be about Wentz.

You can bet your ass Belichick will place heavy emphasis on stopping Taylor and if that's the case, it'll be up to Wentz to make the big plays.
I mean, I’m pretty sure that was the gameplan for the Titans too, and they had no problem running the ball against the Pats with their below average RB’s.

I don’t think they’re stopping that running game.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:13 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Does anyone think Henry will be close to what he was when he returns?

I bet he breaks that foot again within 10 carries.

No, I don’t think he will be worth shit at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean, I’m pretty sure that was the gameplan for the Titans too, and they had no problem running the ball against the Pats with their below average RB’s.

I don’t think they’re stopping that running game.

You think Belichick emphasized stopping the run and gave up nearly 300 yards on the ground to scrubs? Idk. I doubt it, though.

That was a weird game anyway. I wouldn’t take a ton from it. IIRC, the Titans didn’t have Henry, Brown or Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You think Belichick emphasized stopping the run and gave up nearly 300 yards on the ground to scrubs? Idk. I doubt it, though.

That was a weird game anyway. I wouldn’t take a ton from it. IIRC, the Titans didn’t have Henry, Brown or Jones.
Yes, I think it’s obvious that the gameplan for the Titans is always to stop their running game so Tannehill can’t make a living off of PA.

The Patriots defense is a great passing defense and an average at best run defense. Bill can’t just snap his fingers and stop Taylor and that Colts OL.

Look at the Bucs, easily one of the best run defenses in the NFL the last 2 years, and they couldn’t stop Taylor. The only reason he didn’t completely go off in the game was that the Colts took too long to start running the ball.

This just isn’t a good matchup for the Pats at all. Even on the other side of the ball, the Colts have a very good run defense and a below average passing defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, I think it’s obvious that the gameplan for the Titans is always to stop their running game so Tannehill can’t make a living off of PA.

The Patriots defense is a great passing defense and an average at best run defense. Bill can’t just snap his fingers and stop Taylor and that Colts OL.

Look at the Bucs, easily one of the best run defenses in the NFL the last 2 years, and they couldn’t stop Taylor. The only reason he didn’t completely go off in the game was that the Colts took too long to start running the ball.

This just isn’t a good matchup for the Pats at all. Even on the other side of the ball, the Colts have a very good run defense and a below average passing defense.
Didn't work for us...

Tannehill is capable of getting hot and throwing darts all game. I Just don't think he can do it for 3 straight. Sooner or later he'll be ordinary Tannehill and lose if Henry isn't around.

But the version of him we saw at Arrowhead can beat anyone. He was outstanding that day.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:21 AM 12-14-2021
Every Chiefs opponent but the Giants has a winning record vs the rest of the league.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Andy just doesn't have bad years unless he's thoroughly wrecked by injuries.

I couldn't understand why people were so quick to throw in the towel. Posters went from calling this the best roster in Chiefs history to predicting a high draft pick in the span of a few weeks. Ridiculous.
Well, to be fair, the offense looked human finally and the defense was absolutely horrible. Even more problematic, it appeared that the front four wasn't even trying.

And Clark has even admitted as much, that the offseason issues were interfering with his focus.

When a defense isn't putting forth max effort, it's time to clean house, including the coaching staff because they've lost the players.

What has happened since is a pretty incredible turnaround, and anyone who says they knew it would happen is lying. It's one thing to just be outmanned; it's another to just be shitty due to lack of effort.

It happens to every defensive coach not named Belichick eventually. Guys get paid, get fat and satisfied. Maybe that's why Bill ships them off and re-shuffles constantly.

But they recovered their intensity, and now they're rolling.

I'm pleased as punch, but even more, I'm surprised. That's not typically how it goes when a defense is that bad.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:01 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Every Chiefs opponent but the Giants has a winning record vs the rest of the league.
Or at least .500. The Eagles and Washington are both 6-6 vs. the rest of the league. Still a crazy statistic though.
[Reply]
davewan 12:59 PM 12-14-2021
Thursday night should be the game that tells us whether the Chiefs' offense is really back or if the Chiefs are just a bad matchup for the Raiders.

Since November 1, the Chiefs have scored:

November 1: 20
November 7: 13
November 14: 41
November 21: 19
December 5: 22
December 12: 48

In other words, the games against teams not named the Raiders are more likely to represent what the Chiefs offense really is against teams that play them in a cover 2.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:21 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by davewan:
Thursday night will be the Chiefs 7th straight victory

Since November 1, the Chiefs have scored:

November 1: 20=W
November 7: 13=W
November 14: 41=W
November 21: 19=W
December 5: 22=W
December 12: 48=W

In other words, all of the games against teams the Chiefs have played over the last 7 weeks have all resulted in Chiefs wins.

Ftfy
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:44 PM 12-16-2021

[Reply]
wachashi 11:53 PM 12-16-2021
Colts matchup nicely with the Pats. I think they’ll win a close one. I still can’t believe how well the Patriots are playing offensively. Elite defense is to be expected in NE, but that offense is churning. Still, I’ll roll with the Colts - they’re currently favored.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:11 AM 12-17-2021
34%
[Reply]
Page 36 of 71
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up