ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 172
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 08:27 AM 05-15-2014
just popping when the throttle is closed.. no loud 'bang' etc. it's very odd; it seems to be most prevelant under de-cel load downshifting from 4th to 3rd. Odd. I'm sure its no big deal mechanically/damage, but it's just slightly annoying. maybe it's my downshifting habits from the sport bike - which the gears were so close to one another that downshifting was frequent to keep it in the meat of the power band. I'm not sure if the ECM employs any type of Direct Fuel Cut Off under vacuum like a lot of FI cars.

I thought it might be running lean or an exhaust or intake leak. but..
I installed XiEDs to bypass the O2 sensors; and I don't think it's an exhaust or intake leak since I didn't mess with the throttle body itself (only the a/c) and the position of the 02 sensors.
The XiEDs seem to do the trick to throw a little more fuel in there up to about 40-50% throttle - which is about 90% of my riding anyway. I'm also not throwing any codes from the Idle Air Control. And, i do have a little bit of carbon build up on the tips of the exhaust. so, I'm sure if anything, it 'might' be running rich - which is good rather than Lean Is Mean lol.

Thinking of maybe doing a W/O throttle run on a street near my house and shutting off the bike/coasting back to my house to check the plugs.

it's also very odd, as I've been running the current set up (slip-ons and a/c) for a few months and it just now started doing it. I also though it might be due to the lower air-temps, but i've been riding in cold weather since about February.

:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:40 AM 05-15-2014

[Reply]
Lzen 08:48 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
sheeeeeeeit. that'd be a great bike .I had a Vstar 650; it had 1200 miles on it and was 3 years old at the time. i paid $3500 for it and sold it 3 years later for $3k. Bike did everything I wanted to.

Ride your own ride; anyone whoe is concerned about your bike, is probably a tool anyway.
You should see the looks I get when I roll into a bike night and there are 30 Stree Glides (all black) sitting there, and I roll up on my 72 lol. There are some that think it's cool/retro, but I deffinitely get stuck-up looks. Mostly from Soccer Dads who put 30 miles on their $20k bike per week.
I never understood all those bikers that have black bikes, many of them Street or Ultra Glides. When I bought mine I figured Hell I might as well get the color I want. When you buy a new bike, a few hundred dollar paint job isn't gonna make that much of a difference in the payment.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:50 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Didn't do anything this past weekend (due to work) but the previous weekend we did a ride down to Baldwin then around lawrence... Hit I think 5 or 6 bars along the way with a nice sized ride... There were 20 bikes or so.... That was a lot of fun... outside of that, i haven't really done much other than riding locally to work etc since our trip over to Gail's.

Don't think I'll have the Stage 1 by next month, however I have a few adjustments that should be completing the next few weeks.... Getting new handlbars (4 inches higher and black), and new gauges... at least that's the plan for now... derby\timing\horn covers all getting replaced as well.
I haven't been able to weekend ride for the past 2 weekends as I've been so busy with wife's birthday weekend and then we traveled to friends' kid's graduation. Would have loved to have rode to that last weekend but we had my daughter with us. Maybe I'll get some riding in this weekend.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:07 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I never understood all those bikers that have black bikes, many of them Street or Ultra Glides. When I bought mine I figured Hell I might as well get the color I want. When you buy a new bike, a few hundred dollar paint job isn't gonna make that much of a difference in the payment.
exactly. 100%.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:07 AM 05-15-2014
I haven't been able to weekend ride for the past 2 weekends as I've been so busy with wife's birthday weekend and then we traveled to friends' kid's graduation. Would have loved to have rode to that last weekend but we had my daughter with us. Maybe I'll get some riding in this weekend.
how far is Topeka from Cassoday?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:10 AM 05-15-2014
Hey now!! I love the blacked out look lol
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:11 AM 05-15-2014
Probably about the same as to KC area. Maybe even shave 20 minutes off the ride... basically teh same except when 35\335 split you take the 335 route (coming back).
[Reply]
Dayze 09:16 AM 05-15-2014
last time we went from Gardner KS, to Council Grove, then south to Cassoday. good little ride. we came back up through emporia, to Yates Center, then back through to Ottawa (I think).
I think we logged 400 miles that day. long day in the saddle. that's when I found out I have 90.2 miles per tank....seeing how I ran out of gas 1/2 mile from the gas station lol.
At least now I know :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 05-15-2014
Well I've never been there. But Google says it's an hour and 20 minutes on I-35. But what fun would that be? Might have to do that ride one of these days.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:25 AM 05-15-2014
First Sunday of each month!
I think it was 134 miles one-way the route we took. we could've gone I-35, but my sporty is rev-happy at 70+mph with no 6th Gear.

[Reply]
Lzen 09:30 AM 05-15-2014
First Sunday of each month!
I think it was 134 miles one-way the route we took. we could've gone I-35, but my sporty is rev-happy at 70+mph with no 6th Gear.

:-) How fast do you normally go?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:31 AM 05-15-2014
Looking at Google maps, I would probably go 75 south through Burlington to 54, east to El Dorado, and then north to Cassody.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:48 AM 05-15-2014
:-) How fast do you normally go?
55-65 is the sweet spot.
it'll do it all day long mechanically, but my hands go numb super quick at 75+. that and no windscreen. Seems to have a short 5th.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:01 AM 05-15-2014
just popping when the throttle is closed.. no loud 'bang' etc. it's very odd; it seems to be most prevelant under de-cel load downshifting from 4th to 3rd. Odd. I'm sure its no big deal mechanically/damage, but it's just slightly annoying. maybe it's my downshifting habits from the sport bike - which the gears were so close to one another that downshifting was frequent to keep it in the meat of the power band. I'm not sure if the ECM employs any type of Direct Fuel Cut Off under vacuum like a lot of FI cars.

I thought it might be running lean or an exhaust or intake leak. but..
I installed XiEDs to bypass the O2 sensors; and I don't think it's an exhaust or intake leak since I didn't mess with the throttle body itself (only the a/c) and the position of the 02 sensors.
The XiEDs seem to do the trick to throw a little more fuel in there up to about 40-50% throttle - which is about 90% of my riding anyway. I'm also not throwing any codes from the Idle Air Control. And, i do have a little bit of carbon build up on the tips of the exhaust. so, I'm sure if anything, it 'might' be running rich - which is good rather than Lean Is Mean lol.

Thinking of maybe doing a W/O throttle run on a street near my house and shutting off the bike/coasting back to my house to check the plugs.

it's also very odd, as I've been running the current set up (slip-ons and a/c) for a few months and it just now started doing it. I also though it might be due to the lower air-temps, but i've been riding in cold weather since about February.

Popping off throttle is general an indication of a lean condition so it sounds like you’re already on the right track in looking all around for vacuum or exhaust leaks.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 172
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up