ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 172
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
seaofred 09:14 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
right click on the image, and select properties; then highlight and copy the location; used the picture icon in the 'Post Reply" section, and paste it in.
:-)
Yeah, I guess I didn't copy all of the location.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:15 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I love this bike, and just e-mailed them asking about the price...
It's a 2013 Road Glide Custom. Really hoping it's reasonable.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:16 AM 10-01-2013
Hmm. I'm not sure. Since I was primarily a sport bike rider for the last decade, I'm not sure of any cruiser type rides. My brother mentioned to me that there was a magazine he saw (can't remember where, I'll find out) that listed all sorts of KC ride events; or meetups for like weekly group rides etc / all welcome etc.

I'm usually down to ride whenever to get out of town. I used ot head out on a Saturday/Sunday morning, get in a tankful ride-ish; stop for some breakfast or lunch, then head back etc. It was pretty regular.

Are you local?
Yessir, i live on the KS side.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:22 AM 10-01-2013
wow...that looks kick ass. Love the front wheel.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:23 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Yessir, i live on the KS side.
cool. I'm in Lenexa/OP.
I'm always down for a ride. We'll need to hook up (NTTAWWT) and ride. :-)
[Reply]
seaofred 09:33 AM 10-01-2013
wow...that looks kick ass. Love the front wheel.
Yeah, that front wheel really makes the bike. Never been a fan of the fairing, but this one looks pretty cool.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:36 AM 10-01-2013
cool. I'm in Lenexa/OP.
Definitely. Early mornings are great, but i'm learning (while riding in to work) that as the year grows older it gets exponentially colder in the mornings. Has been hanging around 50 in the early hours recently, but the wind @ around 80 has some serious bite.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:37 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Yeah, that front wheel really makes the bike. Never been a fan of the fairing, but this one looks pretty cool.
Looks like an old Honda Fairing
[Reply]
seaofred 09:37 AM 10-01-2013
Definitely. Early mornings are great, but i'm learning (while riding in to work) that as the year grows older it grows exponentially colder in the mornings. Has been hanging around 50 in the mornings recently, but the wind @ around 80 has some serious bite.
Yes it does. I actually wear my rain suit in the mornings and that really helps with the wind.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:41 AM 10-01-2013
Definitely. Early mornings are great, but i'm learning (while riding in to work) that as the year grows older it gets exponentially colder in the mornings. Has been hanging around 50 in the early hours recently, but the wind @ around 80 has some serious bite.
lol
Yeah, I used to commute 35 miles each way on the highway....and 55 degrees is my limit lol. at least in terms of long range 70MPH riding.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:46 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Riding through town is great without the windshield. But for long rides, it is wonderful. I rode last year from the Tobasco plant (Lafayette?) 2 hours into New Orleans at 70-80mph. That sucked. Hard on your neck. However, I've gotten to the point of just leaving my windshield on all the time. I've had a couple of times where a rock got kicked up and I was glad the windshield took that instead of my face. Same with bugs.
Went all the way to sturgis and back without a windshield. I personally love the wind
[Reply]
seaofred 09:47 AM 10-01-2013
lol
Yeah, I used to commute 35 miles each way on the highway....and 55 degrees is my limit lol. at least in terms of long range 70MPH riding.

36 degrees is my limit, but I only ride 25 miles each way. Get some winter riding gloves and wear the rain suit to cut down on the wind and it's not terrible. I do wish I had a windshied sometimes. It would cut down on the wind too.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:48 AM 10-01-2013
yeah; it was primarily my hands, and the tops of my legs (sportbike position)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:15 AM 10-01-2013
cool. I'm in Lenexa/OP.
Yearly Chiefs Planet ride? :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:16 AM 10-01-2013
:-)

http://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/c...138/city/41930
[Reply]
Page 26 of 172
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up