ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 172
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
KC native 09:15 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
You have got to be kidding me!
And what would the cost be for a different bike? Is your driving record bad? High Risk?
God I am glad I live in Iowa. I think I pay $290 a year for my 2011 Triumph Tiger, full on 100 HP bike
The V-Rod and Sportster quotes are about $100 a month.

My driving record is pretty clean. I've had a couple no-fault claims in the last 2 years (dickhead drove straight into my fender in bumper to bumper traffic and got rear-ended). No tickets on my record since I was a teen.

And yes, I laughed my ass off at the quote and said, "I guess that rules out an R6."
[Reply]
KC native 09:17 AM 06-18-2015
I think the fact that we can ride almost year round down here makes our motorcycle insurance more expensive as well.

My friend that has been riding for about 4-5 years and has a V-Rod paid about $60 a month when he was living in DFW. It's cheaper for him now that he is in Arkansas.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:22 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
$330+ PER month.
:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:33 AM 06-18-2015
I think the fact that we can ride almost year round down here makes our motorcycle insurance more expensive as well.

My friend that has been riding for about 4-5 years and has a V-Rod paid about $60 a month when he was living in DFW. It's cheaper for him now that he is in Arkansas.
Don't know if you have looked into Victory but they make really good bikes and the normal maintenance on them is quite a bit easier
[Reply]
KC native 09:36 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Don't know if you have looked into Victory but they make really good bikes and the normal maintenance on them is quite a bit easier
I like the Victory bikes (and they're priced better than Harley's). They're just a little bit more than what I'm wanting to spend for my first bike. I figured I'd go check them out and see what kind of deal could be worked but I'd much rather go cheaper on the bike and then get the Focus RS.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:46 AM 06-18-2015
I like the Victory bikes (and they're priced better than Harley's). They're just a little bit more than what I'm wanting to spend for my first bike. I figured I'd go check them out and see what kind of deal could be worked but I'd much rather go cheaper on the bike and then get the Focus RS.
Sounds good..just trying to give you as many options as possible..seems like you got it covered

My only other advice is take your time, test ride all that you can, and get whatever makes you happy
[Reply]
Lzen 10:35 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Sounds good..just trying to give you as many options as possible..seems like you got it covered

My only other advice is take your time, test ride all that you can, and get whatever makes you happy
This. This times eleventy billion!
[Reply]
seaofred 10:41 AM 06-18-2015
I actually ride a Victory and would highly recommend it. I would recommend getting a bike you are going to ride "forever" instead of going with a cheaper one now. It will save you money in the long run. I found this out the hardway. Victory also has several bikes in the price range of the V-Rod.
[Reply]
KC native 10:45 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I actually ride a Victory and would highly recommend it. I would recommend getting a bike you are going to ride "forever" instead of going with a cheaper one now. It will save you money in the long run. I found this out the hardway. Victory also has several bikes in the price range of the V-Rod.
If I go V-Rod, it will be used.

I like to turn my own wrenches so not concerned with maintenance as long as it isn't problematic (all the time).
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:46 AM 07-13-2015
Any of you guys heading to the rally in Lathrop this weekend? $20 admission, camping included. Looks like it is going to be a rowdy good time.
Attached: LandLRally.jpg (163.9 KB) 
[Reply]
seaofred 10:37 AM 09-19-2015
Bikes Blues and BBQ is coming up. Anyone riding down?
[Reply]
Dayze 01:15 PM 09-19-2015
Riding down next Thursday evening I believe. Or Friday morning. Still up in the air.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:41 AM 09-20-2015
Have you done any mods to your bike?
[Reply]
jd1020 09:51 AM 09-20-2015
First bike? Is it just me that thinks it's a terrible idea to be looking at a 1200cc motorcycle as a first bike?
[Reply]
Dayze 01:14 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Have you done any mods to your bike?
Not yet. My next mod Is going to be new bars. 14 or 16" apes. But have to extend the wiring and cables. Maybe a winter project if things pick up financially/find another job.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 172
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166 > Last »
Up