ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 418 of 432
« First < 318368408414415416417418 419420421422428 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Pablo 08:52 PM 03-23-2023
I think he’s gonna be a rim protector and someone you can count on in the post
[Reply]
BWillie 08:54 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
My point was that isn't really the type of player that Udeh is.

I see Udeh as more of a Jamari Traylor type player. He runs the floor, gives maximum effort, and can make some plays at the rim on offense and defense.

But, he isn't a rim protector, or someone that you would ever depend on in the post.
I would compare him to Sasha Kaun, if we are talking about a past Kansas big.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:24 PM 03-23-2023

I see Udeh as more of a Jamari Traylor type player. He runs the floor, gives maximum effort, and can make some plays at the rim on offense and defense.

But, he isn't a rim protector, or someone that you would ever depend on in the post.
???
[Reply]
Pablo 09:31 PM 03-23-2023
Let’s go high and shoot for embiid
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:37 PM 03-23-2023
sasha kahn is a good comparison to Udeah
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Let’s go high and shoot for embiid
Yeah he has alot of similar attributes just minus the shot and ball handling. Body type and athleticism very similar
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:53 PM 03-23-2023
If Arkansas wins tomorrow, the women's team plays Arkansas?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:27 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
At least Self can tell his nurse he coached the game the way Naismith wanted it to be coached.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
Who is this Phag?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:38 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
At least Self can tell his nurse he coached the game the way Naismith wanted it to be coached.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
Self can tell his nurse that he’s national champion. You’re halfway there and you’re talking smack. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:05 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would compare him to Sasha Kaun, if we are talking about a past Kansas big.
Well, He's not THAT bad...
[Reply]
Lzen 06:02 AM 03-24-2023

Jamari Traylor? WTF?
Not a good comparison.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:03 AM 03-24-2023

You didn't watch him play did you.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:26 AM 03-24-2023
I see udeh as someone that is going to be a monster with an offseason workout program and more ku coaching. And i see ejiofor someone that we don't know what we have in him because he hasn't played well enough to stay on the floor yet.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:09 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Jamari Traylor? WTF?
Not a good comparison.
Terrible comparison.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 AM 03-24-2023
After letting the loss settle a bit, this is going to go down as an underappreciated team in my book.

I really REALLY enjoyed watching these dudes play....well, the starters anyway...:-)

Harris is just suck a smart player, he makes a ton of plays he has no business making. Sure it would be better if he was able to score better, but he is an old school facilitator the basketball purist in me loves. Pettiford and Yesufu deserve credit for exposing just how many things Harris does well...:-) (I don't hate those 2 as much as most here, but GODDAMN the wheels fell off every time Harris sat down).

Dick is similar, except scoring. The game is just so easy for him. It was really fucking fun to watch. That's the purest shot I've seen in awhile. We'll see if he can translate to the NBA, but on paper, he should, and I don't think he's afraid of work. His defense improved demonstrably through the year. Goddamn he was fun to watch.

McCullar is similar, I know he's a one and done guy, but I like watching him play. He does a ton of little things, especially defensively that I appreciated very much. I was always annoyed by him when we'd play Tech, and it was nice to be on that side of those plays for the year. Plus, when I read how the fucking assbag Tech fans ran him the fuck out of Lubbock (seriously perplexed by this level of stupidity), I'm rooting for him hard. I don't think he translates well, but the dude is fucking long, and you can't teach that. Maybe he'll carve out a role. But the reality is I really appreciated what he brought.

Wilson earned every bit of the conference player of the year honors he got. He was outstanding. It wasn't smooth like Harris or Dick, or particularly savvy like McCullar. He just fuck you'd his way to a hell of a lot of production. And I'm here for it. Goddamn he had himself a season.

I was probably one of the biggest KJ detractors out there, but he made himself a player. Kind of inexplicably, but he did it. At one point during the season I was asking myself why the hell everybody was letting him catch lobs all game long. And the answer became evident. 1. Harris was really good at lobbing. And 2. KJ was really good at screening and getting off of it. I think he ended up the most improved player in the conference, and that too is also earned. He was refried ass early, but definitely earned his starting spot.

This team winning this conference is a goddamned basketball miracle. And Self deserves a ton of credit for that. Consistency matters and Self is the master.

Never fun getting dumped in the first weekend, but at least we didn't get dumped by a 16 (still don't know WTF Purdue was doing), and it was to a real program with real athletes. This one doesn't hurt 10% as bad as the UNI game, maybe most of that is equity earned through last years championship, but this tournament loss barely registered on the emotional scale, comparatively.

All in all, it was a fucking great year, and if there is anything Mahomes has taught me, it is soak up everything. It won't be great forever. And I really REALLY enjoyed this team and this year. I'll probably go back and put some of these games back on.

PS we should start a 23-24 thread.
[Reply]
Page 418 of 432
« First < 318368408414415416417418 419420421422428 > Last »
Up