ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This needs to be the teams theme song

https://youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM
are you gay
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:37 PM 09-28-2021
Did we quit and cry in our cheerios when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO.

Did we quit and cry like babies when Mahomes hurt his knee and we had to turn to Moonlight Moore? NO.

When we were down 24-0 in the playoffs against Houston? NO

well, some of y'all did.

It's a rough start, but it's a LONG season, and there's plenty of reason to expect improvement and if you were to ask the entire NFL if they'd rather be a Chief right now than where they're at, 99% would privately say YES.

We'll be fine. We'll be better than fine. The rookies will get better, the 2nd year guys and new guys to the systems will all improve as we go.

We'll get enough defense to hold the line and Patrick and the boys will drop 30 on any defense alive at any time.

THIS BUS STOPS IN L.A.

You want off? Get your brokedick crybaby ass the fuck off my bus. Glad I didn't serve with any of you wet blankets.

The rest of you TAKE HEART. We've overcome adversity before, and triumphed! We will do so again!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:31 PM 09-28-2021
Guess I killed the thread.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:35 PM 09-28-2021
I’m holding onto the bus for dear life. I refuse to let go.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:01 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Never having experienced it as a Chiefs fan before... what does paying the QB 1/2 Billion dollars do to the rest of the team?
PM is the best QB in the NFL but no one is worth that much money.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:13 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
His contract is extremely backloaded. Dirt cheap signing bonus of only $10M and very team-friendly cashflow the last couple years. Compare that to Prescott getting $75M in year one. Rodgers got $80M in the first 10 months of his deal. Josh Allen got more guaranteed money than Mahomes while only committing for 6 years to his team. The Mahomes contract will be viewed as very team friendly as the QB market continues skyrocketing.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:47 PM 09-28-2021
Clark exploding to bits
Jones learning a new position and having growing pains.
Reed learning a new defense
Bolton playing full time as a rookie and flashing exactly why we took him innrou d 2, while also having growing pains.
Losing Gay to injury
Thornhill regressing

We’re only 3 games into the year.

Playing against 3 unique offenses that test you in different ways with high quality players that have unique traits it’s hard to prepare for.

I think this will be a much better defense in the second half of the year over the first half once everything starts to hit on all cylinders. Lots of things contributing to the below expected level of the final product.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:36 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Clark exploding to bits
Bolton playing full time as a rookie and flashing exactly why we took him innrou d 2, while also having growing pains.
Losing Gay to injury
Thornhill regressing

Playing against 3 unique offenses that test you in different ways with high quality players that have unique traits it’s hard to prepare for.

I think this will be a much better defense in the second half of the year over the first half once everything starts to hit on all cylinders. Lots of things contributing to the below expected level of the final product.
Completely agree. Except the Thornhill thing. I think he's going to be featured a lot more in the coming weeks.

But we're also starting two new CBs, in Baker and Hughes. There's a lot of new pieces on this defense; we know it takes some time to learn it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm out of the loop on this convo: what are we referring to here?
Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know?
Don't you know, things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold... on for one more day
Can you hold... on for one more day?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:58 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m holding onto the bus for dear life. I refuse to let go.
Is it your favorite team's bus? If so; who'd that be???
[Reply]
TEX 03:39 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Clark exploding to bits
Losing Gay to injury
Thornhill regressing

The problem is the Chiefs will fall further behind as they figure it out. IMO it's more than simply what you listed. It's also a lack of talent in key areas. Just adequate DL and LB play could go a long way in fixing things. Just don't think the players are on the roster for that.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:37 AM 09-29-2021
Silver lining of losing a couple games:

The bandwagoners are bailing out and ticket prices are dropping.

Hopefully more of these losers abandon ship so I can go to more games.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:56 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Is it your favorite team's bus? If so; who'd that be???
It is. It is the team bus of the Kansas City Chiefs!!! My favorite team and we are taking the bus to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
tredadda 09:12 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Thing is this. In a few more years he won't be the highest paid QB in the league anymore. QB salaries are going to continue to skyrocket with the cap, so other teams are going to have very high priced QBs. Difference is that Mahomes is worth the money. Not so sure the others will be.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:18 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Thing is this. In a few more years he won't be the highest paid QB in the league anymore. QB salaries are going to continue to skyrocket with the cap, so other teams are going to have very high priced QBs. Difference is that Mahomes is worth the money. Not so sure the others will be.
Derek Carr will probably get more than $45M per year on his next deal. Pretty funny for a Raiders fan to bring up this issue.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up