ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 35
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:49 AM 06-16-2023
I was at the game last night. Mexico fans know how to party.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:01 AM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
CONCACAF is such a joke. Mexico is such a dirty ****ing team, and they refuse to do anything about it.
Of course not. Mexico has protection.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 AM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I was at the game last night. Mexico fans know how to party.
Couldn't believe the game had the USA playing and in Las Vegas and not on a single english speaking channel.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:12 AM 06-16-2023
I guess I turned it off before Dest got his red card. WTF did he do?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:20 AM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Couldn't believe the game had the USA playing and in Las Vegas and not on a single english speaking channel.
It was on Paramount+ app.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:21 AM 06-16-2023
I guess I turned it off before Dest got his red card. WTF did he do?
Hands to face in altercation after the Mexican red card.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:27 AM 06-16-2023
CONCACAF needs to fix their referee problem. The best referees in CONCACAF are from USA and Mexico so these games cannot be reffed by a somewhat adequate crew. Canada being in the final made it so that their referees were not available either.

The hardest match to call ends up with a crew from some tiny Caribbean nation that in reality shouldn't be on a international level to begin with.

They need to start borrowing refs from other confederations.for these games.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:27 AM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It was on Paramount+ app.
Ah, figures
[Reply]
penguinz 08:38 AM 06-16-2023
Ah, figures
You didn't miss out on anything by not watching the english feed. Twillman was a fucking idiot but the new crew might be worse.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:00 PM 06-18-2023
Fun first half minus the embarrassing crowd. That Balogun goal was great! We’ve really kind of left the rest of CONCACAF in the rear view at this point. Doing this without arguably one of our centerpieces in Tyler Adams as well. Not to mention McKennie and Dest out with the red cards. This team is ready for Copa next year. Hope we can find a way to play more competitive matches over the next couple years before we host the WC.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:01 PM 06-18-2023
Can't wait until Berhalter is the coach again.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:12 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Can't wait until Berhalter is the coach again.
Berhalter may be a terrible coach, but let’s not act like Herdman somehow has the upper hand. If Herdman pulled that failed trash talk for the USMNT he would have been fired immediately after the World Cup. I’ll take all of the Reyna and Berhalter drama over a coach talking shit and then getting swept out of the group.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:20 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Berhalter may be a terrible coach, but let’s not act like Herdman somehow has the upper hand. If Herdman pulled that failed trash talk for the USMNT he would have been fired immediately after the World Cup. I’ll take all of the Reyna and Berhalter drama over a coach talking shit and then getting swept out of the group.
Who said anything about Herdman having the upper hand on anybody? The USA was a hell of a lot easier to play the past couple of years when Berhalter was holding this group back though. Canada's gonna need him to return soon to overcome the depth of talent USA has on them and fortunately he will.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:20 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Who said anything about Herdman having the upper hand on anybody? The USA was a hell of a lot easier to play the past couple of years when Berhalter was holding this group back though. Canada's gonna need him to return soon to overcome the depth of talent USA has on them and fortunately he will.
Lol Canada doesn't have shit on the US. Won't even matter who the coach is. You have two players that's it. The rest of your team is trash. Poor dudes being wasted on a Canadian team
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:33 PM 06-18-2023
Could have won the past two games 4-0 each. Awesome lineups both games.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 35
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up