ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3758 of 3903
« First < 2758325836583708374837543755375637573758 3759376037613762376838083858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:58 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Never for measles and smallpox.

Please provide a link.

Shingles I think it's about time. This is for old people whose immune systems have declined.

How do you catch shingles?
You do not "catch" shingles – it comes on when there's a reactivation of chickenpox virus that's already in your body.

After you've recovered from chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus lies dormant in your nerve cells and can reactivate at a later stage when your immune system is weakened.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccin...s-and-answers/

Hate to break it to you but I don't think I've aged 4 decades since when I got Covid in August...

:-)
They gave both measles and smallpox to virtually everyone. The Smallpox push especially gave rise to early anti-vax sentiment because they forced it on the poor in Europe.

You are the one making claims with no factual basis. You do the research yourself as I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. Perhaps next time you'll fact check your sources instead of just repeating the memes you read ad nauseam.

Also, you are making the case for me with your chicken pox argument.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:28 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Varicella is very similar to the Herpes virus in that it lays dormant in your nerves (iirc). It's really interesting.

I get cold sores, have since I was little. If I get sun burned or am really stressed or get sick, I will always get them. They're HSV 1 then you've got 2 that is more...private parts related.
I think having 1 gives you some immunity to 2 , probably the only positive.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:46 AM 10-01-2021
Additional risk, no benefit.

The point of the vaccine was to simulate encountering the virus without getting sick.

I don't need a simulation, my body just dealt with the real thing.

The only benefit would be to show politicians I am personally compliant and obedient. To me that is not really a benefit.
^this^ I also had Covid in 2020 and my doctor said the risk of getting the vaccine probably exceeds the risk of getting a serious case of Covid at this point. It may change as we get further out with more info. He also said, if I hadn't had Covid that he would do anything he could do to convince me to get vaccinated. This is a reasonable position that is getting attacked...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:51 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
They gave both measles and smallpox to virtually everyone. The Smallpox push especially gave rise to early anti-vax sentiment because they forced it on the poor in Europe.

You are the one making claims with no factual basis. You do the research yourself as I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. Perhaps next time you'll fact check your sources instead of just repeating the memes you read ad nauseam.

Also, you are making the case for me with your chicken pox argument.
Do you think the CDC Kentucky study was good science?
[Reply]
jdubya 09:01 AM 10-01-2021
Numbers continue to lower in my county of 1.1 million. 86 hospitalized with covid, 39 in ICU with Covid. Not bad
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:25 AM 10-01-2021
Do you think the CDC Kentucky study was good science?
Why are you stuck on a moot point when it is merely one data point in a constellation of much better data?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:36 AM 10-01-2021
Why are you stuck on a moot point when it is merely one data point in a constellation of much better data?
It's a yes or no question.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:38 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^ I also had Covid in 2020 and my doctor said the risk of getting the vaccine probably exceeds the risk of getting a serious case of Covid at this point. It may change as we get further out with more info. He also said, if I hadn't had Covid that he would do anything he could do to convince me to get vaccinated. This is a reasonable position that is getting attacked...
I think that's a reasonable way to put it. If I had gotten Covid early and recovered, I would've been less urgent about getting the vaccine. I would've still gotten it, because I haven't heard that there's a risk in the vaccine that exceeds the risk of getting Covid a second time (and other stuff like helping to defend society against variants). But if there's a risk that I'm not aware of, then yeah, weighing the risks of a second round of Covid versus the risks of a vaccine makes sense.

I feel like some are making the argument that it's better to get Covid going forward than to get the vaccine, and that's the argument that makes no sense at all to me. Getting Covid while unvaccinated to build natural immunity is a bad bet to make compared to getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:39 AM 10-01-2021
It's a yes or no question.

Next time you answer a yes/no question properly, we can revisit it.

No wins for you on a technicality when your point in general is totally wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:45 AM 10-01-2021

Next time you answer a yes/no question properly, we can revisit it.

No wins for you on a technicality when your point in general is totally wrong.
So, I'll take that as a yes.

No wonder you are so confused and all over the place if you think that CDC study was actual science and not data manipulation.

Moving on, please explain the mechanics of how a vaccine would improve my health after I have already recovered from the disease a month ago.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:35 AM 10-01-2021
Merck, lol.

What a joke.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:02 PM 10-01-2021
So, I'll take that as a yes.

No wonder you are so confused and all over the place if you think that CDC study was actual science and not data manipulation.

Moving on, please explain the mechanics of how a vaccine would improve my health after I have already recovered from the disease a month ago.
No, everyone but you sees the desperation you have to be right in your stance.

The evidence is overwhelmingly against your position.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:27 PM 10-01-2021
No, everyone but you sees the desperation you have to be right in your stance.

The evidence is overwhelmingly against your position.

I think I'll go with Martin Kuldorff's view that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine immunity.

He has called your view a fringe position in science.

The @CDCDirector belongs to a fringe group of scientists who question natural immunity after #COVID disease, even though it is strong and much stronger than vaccine immunity. https://t.co/Yo7JHFvh60 https://t.co/d14kTPnCWk

— Martin Kulldorff (@MartinKulldorff) September 23, 2021

Martin Kulldorff
Professor
mkulldorff@bwh.harvard.edu
Martin Kulldorff, PhD, is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and a biostatistician and epidemiologist in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. His research centers on developing and applying new disease surveillance methods for post-market drug and vaccine safety surveillance and for the early detection and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks.

https://www.drugepi.org/team/martin-kulldorff
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:02 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think that's a reasonable way to put it. If I had gotten Covid early and recovered, I would've been less urgent about getting the vaccine. I would've still gotten it, because I haven't heard that there's a risk in the vaccine that exceeds the risk of getting Covid a second time (and other stuff like helping to defend society against variants). But if there's a risk that I'm not aware of, then yeah, weighing the risks of a second round of Covid versus the risks of a vaccine makes sense.

I feel like some are making the argument that it's better to get Covid going forward than to get the vaccine, and that's the argument that makes no sense at all to me. Getting Covid while unvaccinated to build natural immunity is a bad bet to make compared to getting vaccinated.
Time will tell, I am in my early 50's, barely, and healthy with no comorbidities. I am not disappointed that I got Covid. I was rundown and some slight cold symptoms for 5-6 days and came through nicely, as do most people that are healthy and less than 60. Some studies show that this natural immunity could last for years and years, if so, that beats the heck out of getting a shot every fall.
[Reply]
Fish 02:28 PM 10-01-2021
I think I'll go with Martin Kuldorff's view that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine immunity.

He has called your view a fringe position in science.

Martin Kulldorff
Professor
mkulldorff@bwh.harvard.edu
Martin Kulldorff, PhD, is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and a biostatistician and epidemiologist in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. His research centers on developing and applying new disease surveillance methods for post-market drug and vaccine safety surveillance and for the early detection and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks.

https://www.drugepi.org/team/martin-kulldorff
Yeah, that's the dummy that created the "Great Barrington Declaration." He wanted to eliminate all restrictions except for nursing homes, and let people catch covid in order to reach herd immunity. Looking back, that could have been disastrous...
[Reply]
Page 3758 of 3903
« First < 2758325836583708374837543755375637573758 3759376037613762376838083858 > Last »
Up