ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3659 of 3903
« First < 2659315935593609364936553656365736583659 3660366136623663366937093759 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:45 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does it not "fit the narrative"? Did you actually read the paper?
The most-educated members of society being the least likely to take the vaccine fits the narrative?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:52 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The most-educated members of society being the least likely to take the vaccine fits the narrative?
So you think PhD's are somehow the ones to follow? Those with Masters degrees have the lowest vaccine hesitancy.

Based on the swath of people I've met with each level of education, I'll go with what those with Masters are doing. They have the most common sense between the two groups.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:55 AM 08-17-2021
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-covid/619752/

Worth a read if you have children, esp small ones.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:03 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So you think PhD's are somehow the ones to follow? Those with Masters degrees have the lowest vaccine hesitancy.

Based on the swath of people I've met with each level of education, I'll go with what those with Masters are doing. They have the most common sense between the two groups.
So you're saying that people somehow lose their common sense when they earn their PhD?

Btw, it doesn't take any "common sense" to be a follower who buys into a massive marketing campaign. It takes common sense to be skeptical and cautious.
[Reply]
jjjayb 08-17-2021, 08:03 AM
This message has been deleted by jjjayb. Reason: dupe
jjjayb 08:05 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It doesn't necessarily matter which exact months it covers. The vaccines have proven to be an incredible success across the board, and it's pretty silly to deny it at this point.
Wow. And you try to put off like you're the smart one in the room? It doesn't matter which months you look at? Really? So if you include the data from when the vaccine wasn't readily available and most people weren't vaccinated you don't think it skews the numbers? Have you looked at deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated for recent months? Of course you haven't because you wouldn't be saying that if you did.

I shared this in the other post. I'll share it again here.

When you look at just one of the charts in the picture above, I understand why you would think most deaths are in the unvaccinated. Clearly there are more vaccinated deaths according to just one of those charts by itself. Now look at the dates. They are measuring back to December when most weren't vaccinated. However, if you compare the charts from one week to the next you can see what the newest data is. You'll see that CURRENTLY just as many vaccinated are dying as non-vaccinated. The numbers don't lie. Just the people that report them. The graphic like the one I originally commented on bothers me because vox made an intentional decision to not show what months they were including. If they did the same graphic, but only using data from last month it wouldn't look anything like the graphic they published.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:14 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Wow. And you try to put off like you're the smart one in the room? It doesn't matter which months you look at? Really? So if you include the data from when the vaccine wasn't available you don't think it skews the numbers? Have you looked at deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated for recent months? Of course you haven't because you wouldn't be saying that it doesn't matter if you did.

When you look at just one of the images there I would understand why you would think most deaths are in the unvaccinated. Clearly there are more vaccinated deaths according to the chart. Now look at the dates. They are measuring back to December when most weren't vaccinated. However, if you compare week to week, so you can see what the comparisons are for just recent months while the vaccine has been readily available, you'll see that just as many vaccinated are dying as non-vaccinated. The numbers don't lie. Just the people that report them.
Indeed. Good work.

Unfortunately, they'll never budge, no matter how many facts you bombard them with.
[Reply]
jjjayb 08:35 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Indeed. Good work.

Unfortunately, they'll never budge, no matter how many facts you bombard them with.
I don't care if they budge. They can believe what they want. They can get the vaccine if they want. Good for them. What I'm tired of is these people looking down at people that don't feel like taking the vaccine is right for them. Acting like we're uneducated inbred hillbillies.

I've weighed the pros and cons. I've looked at my chances, as a healthy man under the age of 60, of dying from Covid. I've looked at my chances of succumbing to the current known side effects of the vaccine. I've looked at the possibility of dealing with unknown long term side effects that may not be discovered until the vaccines have been around for a while. In the end, it was my decision. Now leave me the hell alone about it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 08-17-2021
Wow. And you try to put off like you're the smart one in the room? It doesn't matter which months you look at? Really? So if you include the data from when the vaccine wasn't readily available and most people weren't vaccinated you don't think it skews the numbers? Have you looked at deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated for recent months? Of course you haven't because you wouldn't be saying that if you did.

When you look at just one of the charts in the picture above, I understand why you would think most deaths are in the unvaccinated. Clearly there are more vaccinated deaths according to just one of those charts by itself. Now look at the dates. They are measuring back to December when most weren't vaccinated. However, if you compare the charts from one week to the next you can see what the newest data is. You'll see that CURRENTLY just as many vaccinated are dying as non-vaccinated. The numbers don't lie. Just the people that report them. The graphic like the one I originally commented on bothers me because vox made an intentional decision to not show what months they were including. If they did the same graphic, but only using data from last month it wouldn't look anything like the graphic they published.
As more people get vaccinated, more cases will happen in vaccinated people. Same with deaths.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:49 AM 08-17-2021
I don't care if they budge. They can believe what they want. They can get the vaccine if they want. Good for them. What I'm tired of is these people looking down at people that don't feel like taking the vaccine is right for them. Acting like we're uneducated inbred hillbillies.

I've weighed the pros and cons. I've looked at my chances, as a healthy man under the age of 60, of dying from Covid. I've looked at my chances of succumbing to the current known side effects of the vaccine. I've looked at the possibility of dealing with unknown long term side effects that may not be discovered until the vaccines have been around for a while. In the end, it was my decision. Now leave me the hell alone about it.
Are people yelling at you in the street?
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 08-17-2021

Severe COVID-19 in Israel, stratified by age and vaccination status.

Red: age>60
Blue: age<60
Dashed lines: Unvaccinated

Over the past 5 days, the unvaccinated rate increased by over 52% - while the vaccinated rate increased by ~7%.@yuvharpaz @eshed_lin @AArgoetti pic.twitter.com/IWJw8kGi1X

— Stav Kislev (@StavKislev) August 17, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 08:51 AM 08-17-2021

“The vaccines don’t work- look at Iceland.” Alright, let’s do it.

Cases were at record highs due to Delta, however, 97% of Iceland’s vaccinated cases are MILD or have NO symptoms. In addition, the nation has NOT recorded a SINGLE COVID-19 death since May.

I’m not done. ��

— Chise �������� (@sailorrooscout) August 17, 2021

Click the tweet for more info.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:51 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

You're not a victim here

I'm pointing out the unhealthy penchant to continue propagating a horrible premise that isn't within a million miles of "unity" ....that you and others have employed during most of this 'pandemic'
You're just the opposite side of the same coin that you despise so much. You stop by every morning to take a dump on the thread with no intention of anything that resembles intelligent conversation. You completely ignore any halfway rational response to your trolling, but jump to the chance to sling more shit when we return serve.

And you've somehow gone 18 months without budging on your first conclusion that it's just the flu and there's no pandemic, etc.... which again, is just the opposite side of those who are extreme the other way.

Except, you treat everyone like they're on the other end of the spectrum and there's no one here who's in between (and yes, there are). Just like you interpreted my post as "seeking approval", because apparently throughout the several times we've met in person, I've always happened to ride in on my high horse and have been a judgemental asshole... when in fact that it was much simpler than that and goes for all Covid talk despite personal beliefs.

So, I'm really not sure why you're still around in this thread or why we shouldn't just boot you, because you've purposefully done nothing besides try to stir shit for months with zero actual insight or content, which is the definition of a troll.
[Reply]
TLO 08:59 AM 08-17-2021
Here's something I think we can ask agree on... This. Is. Stupid.

New Zealand announces it’s locking down the entire country … over one Covid case

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/asia/...hnk/index.html
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:21 AM 08-17-2021

IMO, the only issue is when people want their personal freedom of choice, which works perfectly good in a vacuum, while giving no shits about how their personal choices impact other people (and their freedom of choice).

It's one thing to say you're uncomfortable with getting the vaccine, but still being cognizant of the fact that you could still end up in an overcrowded hospital or spreading it pre-symptomatically (the latest I've read is asymptotically isn't a big issue), so masking up and not going to large indoor gatherings, etc.

.....and it's another thing to completely ignore the issue, potentially spread it, and expect a hospital bed if you do end up needing one.

Like you said, it is about checking off risk factors, for yourself and others... I just learned someone who's 65 and has been taking care of a 94 year old, and has a 90yo parent, and works in a hospital.... isn't vaccinated, and the only logic I've heard is "not living in fear". That's a lot of risk factors to completely ignore without good reasoning.

And the truth is there are a lot of people out there like that, who really don't have a good reason.
[Reply]
TLO 09:25 AM 08-17-2021
Booster shots for ye olden Pfizer vaccine expected by October. Possibly for other vaccines too? 8 months after you finish your second dose from what I've read this AM.
[Reply]
Page 3659 of 3903
« First < 2659315935593609364936553656365736583659 3660366136623663366937093759 > Last »
Up