ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
jettio 06:04 PM Today
Chiefs are not leaving Arrowhead to build what will end up being the lousiest stadium in the AFC West when Denver Broncos build new 10 years from now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:06 PM Today
I like what the Northland is doing but picturing the Heart of America Bridge after a game seems like Heartburn of American Bridge

I'm not one for "OMG parking/logistics" but I always kept to the city side of the river for a reason

Its been a minute for me though so maybe things flow better coming and going from Northland than they did before

Plus the Royals are only drawing a couple thousand a night anyway so probably irrelevant
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
My guess is it will be about the same. Arrowhead and Kauffman are pretty good at handling that. Legends should be able to handle it as well.
Last time I was at Arrowhead, KU was playing Mizzou, so it's been a while...

I didn't think it was horrible, but it didn't seem great.

One parking layout might be ten minutes quicker to get out of than a different one and I don't think people always appreciate the difference.

That's the equivalent of ten miles once you get out and up to highway speeds.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
It seems a lot of the travel time can be sitting in bumper to bumper traffic during the last mile and getting into and out of parking lots when it comes to sporting events and concerts and that can as important sometimes as location.

Not sure just exactly where in Legends the stadium would be or what sort of interstate access it would have.
Kansas Speedway was designed to handle crowds of 80k. Not much different than Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It sounds like the KCK Legends area is pretty nice. Hard to blame Hunt if he wants to put a brand new indoor stadium there and host some big events like the Super Bowl & Final Four. An older Mahomes above age 35 would probably appreciate an indoor stadium instead of the super cold weather of his prime years.
It will be nice. Plenty of spots to park the superduty. Lots of entertainment and dining options. Poors from Columbia have said they won’t make the trip so less thuggery and douchebaggery
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by jettio:
Chiefs are not leaving Arrowhead to build what will end up being the lousiest stadium in the AFC West when Denver Broncos build new 10 years from now.
Why would a new stadium be any lousier than any other random new NFL stadium?

Okay, it probably won't be a 5 billion gold plated stadium, but neither would an Arrowhead renovation...
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
I live in northland. Here it's probably not too bad. From my house to Arrowhead is 20 minutes today, would be 30 minutes to Legends. But I'm just picturing everything East of downtown dumping out onto I-70 at once. A lot of people live somewhere East of the stadium. 20 minutes is not insignificant. 45 minutes is a whole different world to me than 25.

Whatever, if Kansas gets it done and locks up the teams for what would probably be another 25+ years then I'll take it. Will miss Arrowhead terribly, but I'll take it.
I know it wasn't exactly your point, but you'd have to live in Odessa to be 25 minutes from Arrowhead and 45 from the Speedway.

But yeah, I-70 might suck, because I imagine more people would be using it to go west than people currently use it to go east towards Arrowhead... as you go southeast and towards 470, it's probably not much further to take 435 around the south side of the city (of course, adding a little more to the +20 minutes of moving the stadium).
[Reply]
jettio 06:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Why would a new stadium be any lousier than any other random new NFL stadium?

Okay, it probably won't be a 5 billion gold plated stadium, but neither would an Arrowhead renovation...
Well, 2026 is the World Cup at Arrowhead and the year Frank White gets trounced in the election. Royals say they want new place, so they might move, but Chiefs are not going to find a better option than Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Up