ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 378
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
There is no basketball play for clubbing someone in the head while they are in the air. You never played competitive sports have you?
I'm 6'4/240 pounds and was as physical as it gets in those when I had to be (hockey/soccer/basketball/rugby). I somehow managed to avoid stomping on anybody all those years.

There is no basketball reason for doing what Draymond Green did (and yes, there was in Brooks' case no matter how awful that foul was) and it is amazing to me that anybody still excuses his ridiculous behavior.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:13 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Beverly/Payton is the nearest analogue.

And even that doesn't wash because the odds of Sabonis being seriously injured are substantially higher than CP getting shoved.

Like I mentioned earlier, something like Haynesworth or the Myles Garrett play are the only ones I can really compare this two. Fouls that had absolutely nothing to do with play and are expressly designed to potentially seriously injure someone.
Sabonis was lucky he didn't break anything for sure. A guy of Draymond's size and strength stomping like that has the potential to do serious damage.

I really do believe that if he wasn't a Warrior there's a decent chance he'd have been kicked for much longer than this. It's such a difference from how the NHL deals out discipline (I'm thinking especially about Nazem Kadri's repeated offender postseason suspensions for hits to the head).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:19 AM 04-19-2023

NBA Executive VP Joe Dumars tells ESPN on Draymond Green punishment: “Here’s what it came down to: Excessive and over-the-top actions, conduct detrimental and a repeat offender. That’s what separates this where you end up with a suspension.” Story soon on ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 19, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 04-19-2023
"It was egregious, he's a repeat offender and we engaged in ludicrus behavior afterward....so we gave him a game."

It's amazing to me how hard they had to work to convince themselves he needed even a single game.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM 04-19-2023
Last night my son pissed me off so I stomped his chest and yelled Draymond!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:18 AM 04-19-2023

Here’s what autofills if you go to YouTube & type in “Draymond Green kicks…”

Quite the résumé! pic.twitter.com/zHYGxAyywr

— nick wright (@getnickwright) April 19, 2023

[Reply]
New World Order 11:38 AM 04-19-2023
That was crazy. He should be banned for rest of the playoffs
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:42 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm 6'4/240 pounds and was as physical as it gets in those when I had to be (hockey/soccer/basketball/rugby). I somehow managed to avoid stomping on anybody all those years.

There is no basketball reason for doing what Draymond Green did (and yes, there was in Brooks' case no matter how awful that foul was) and it is amazing to me that anybody still excuses his ridiculous behavior.
I think this is the 3-4th time I have said no excuses, he should be suspended.

You are correct there was no basketball reason for what he did or for what Brooks did. He wasn't going for the ball he was head hunting clearly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:42 PM 04-19-2023
"It was egregious, he's a repeat offender and we engaged in ludicrus behavior afterward....so we gave him a game."

It's amazing to me how hard they had to work to convince themselves he needed even a single game.
You have to remember Dumars was a Bad Boy. He probably thinks this is some soft ass shit compared to his era.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:50 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Last night my son pissed me off so I stomped his chest and yelled Draymond!
That's nothing. My dog was getting on my nerves so I booted up the RC Helicopter and ran it into him while shouting "KOBE"
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:59 PM 04-19-2023
I think this is the 3-4th time I have said no excuses, he should be suspended.

You are correct there was no basketball reason for what he did or for what Brooks did. He wasn't going for the ball he was head hunting clearly.
Brooks was trying to stop a basket on an open layup that Payton would have had had he not fouled him. Draymond was stomping on a guy on the ground out of the play.

Both dirty plays and yet one had a basketball reason and one didn't.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:17 PM 04-19-2023
Ja is out
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:25 PM 04-19-2023
Ja is out
WBF

rock steady.

first one to lead the @NBA in AST/TO for 5 straight years ✅ pic.twitter.com/rheB96tfXk

— Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) April 14, 2023

[Reply]
dirk digler 05:38 PM 04-19-2023
Downside Pond you get more bricks by Brooks :-)

Already 0-2
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:40 PM 04-19-2023
Rose did say he did it to Kobe on purpose and yeah, it wasn't uncommon.

But Beverly (and I'm trying to remember the guy before him - Bowen maybe? Goon defender for the Spurs) does it as a strategy.
Bruce Bowen would intentionally stick his feet underneath guys on the hope they'd roll an ankle. An absolute shitbird.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 378
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up