ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:43 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, his signing does zero for comp picks.

No signings after April 27 count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:46 PM 05-15-2022
BVret Veach can find nme at my home and we will fight
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:47 PM 05-15-2022
That's it, boys, that's the run. Hate to see this. Chiefs in 2023 with a vengeance!
[Reply]
Fishels 05:58 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Dude ****in sucks and is washed since he didn’t sign here
This
[Reply]
BossChief 06:15 PM 05-15-2022
Watch Veach mastery as he profits a 4th or 5th round pick by tagging Ingram and goes out and upgrades the position.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:15 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's his job. Of course it's about the money...
Hate to break it to some of you, but sometimes people enjoy quality of life more than winning a Super Bowl ring. And living and playing in Miami kinda beats KC hands down.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:31 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Hit the road you piece of shit!
:-) That’s right, get the fuck outta here
[Reply]
Palangi 06:43 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
BVret Veach can find nme at my home and we will fight
Holy hell, have another one. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:45 PM 05-15-2022
So the DL is a ‘priority’ yet will essentially be the same as it was last season with a rookie Karlaftis replacing Ingram.

Veach can either trade for Quinn or just acknowledge that he absolutely fucked this DL up. It’s one of the 5-8 worst lines in football. Just complete garbage.

But at least it makes up for being limited by also being paper thin.

Fucking aces work, Brett.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:46 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
...why not?
Because there’s always an excuse.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:56 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the DL is a ‘priority’ yet will essentially be the same as it was last season with a rookie Karlaftis replacing Ingram.

Veach can either trade for Quinn or just acknowledge that he absolutely fucked this DL up. It’s one of the 5-8 worst lines in football. Just complete garbage.

But at least it makes up for being limited by also being paper thin.

Fucking aces work, Brett.
So he's locked into doing what he said at the outset of free agency? He isn't allowed to see how the market evolves and pivot to another path?

You're grading the offseason in mid-May and holding him to some comments from a couple months ago. Things change. The market changes. Teams change.

The question of relevance is not solely "Will the Chiefs field a better defensive line next season?" Rather, it's "Are the Chiefs setting themselves up for more success in the future?"

I would much rather have a guy who reads the room and makes the right decisions for the future rather than someone who feels the need to live up to prior public statement to the detriment of the team.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:04 PM 05-15-2022
He was our best pass rusher last season. Played with much needed attitude. Too bad we couldn't keep him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:10 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So he's locked into doing what he said at the outset of free agency? He isn't allowed to see how the market evolves and pivot to another path?

You're grading the offseason in mid-May and holding him to some comments from a couple months ago. Things change. The market changes. Teams change.

The question of relevance is not solely "Will the Chiefs field a better defensive line next season?" Rather, it's "Are the Chiefs setting themselves up for more success in the future?"

I would much rather have a guy who reads the room and makes the right decisions for the future rather than someone who feels the need to live up to prior public statement to the detriment of the team.
The defensive line is a piece of shit and Veach has passed on literally DOZENS of opportunities to improve it.

So yeah, I think it’s fair to say by May that he’s put himself in a corner.

It’s Quinn or try to win with a POS line at this point. Oh, and if his plan is ‘well maybe my DL coach can just make chicken salad out of chicken shit, that’s a real bad plan.

He didn’t ‘read the room’ as he was letting all these 2nd tier FAs who would absolutely have helped this team sign elsewhere. He simply got out-hustled.

But like I said - always an excuse. I’m sure this was all part of his master plan of taking the DL that was EASILY this teams Achilles heel last year and effectively treading water. 5D fucking chess, lads…
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:10 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Nah...the question is whether he's addressed the pass rush...regardless of whether it's coming from the edge or not. If he has, who cares whether it comes from the edge or elsewhere. We will see. Impossible to predict at this point.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:11 PM 05-15-2022
There are still 4-5 vet DEs that I’d love to have. 2-3 of them are upgrades to Ingram.

Dunlap
Clowney
Houston
Hicks

By trade there are a few, as well.

Let’s slow down and wait for the cake to be served before we complain about each ingredient choice. This is a 4Michelin star restaurant.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up