ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 35
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 08:28 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
This is wrong. Pressure leads to mistakes for most QBs.
Except it didn't lead to sacks for KC, so he is right.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Except it didn't lead to sacks for KC, so he is right.
No, he’s wrong.

Pressure with no sacks does not mean “absolutely nothing”.
[Reply]
TEX 08:48 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yeah Veatch, why didn't you find an instant starter (borderline pro bowler) DE/edge pass rusher in the sixth round. Are you even trying?
Yes, why not do something in addition to drafting a guy at 29 and restructuring Clark. Looks a little weak to me for a position group of great need. If you think it's enough, that's your issue.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:49 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Who out there is better? Amazed anyone could watch our defence before and after he came in and not see the difference.
Yeah well when you're a stupid butt fucking moron like Steve Spagnuolo and you're too God damn stupid to play your players where they fucking belong, your defense is gonna look like shit.

Ingram being signed was Veach forcing Captain Dipshit Steve to put Jones back where he belongs so he could stop getting fucking embarrassed by shit tier tackles, and qbs who elect to run on the rpo.

Ingram was a good player, but putting the players back where they belong was the reason you saw improvement there.

Had to cut Sorensen to keep Spags from playing him deep. Save the dumbfuck from himself, as it were. The insertion of players capable of playing where they are going to be lined up will reflect similar improvements.
[Reply]
TEX 08:52 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, he’s wrong.

Pressure with no sacks does not mean “absolutely nothing”.
No, he's right in THIS case because he was specifically talking about the Chiefs last year not getting sacks when needed. It's all in the context of the conversation.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
No, he's right in THIS case because he was specifically talking about the Chiefs last year not getting sacks when needed. It's all in the context of the conversation.
No, he’s not.

Did the Chiefs at least getting pressure against Burrow not cause him to eventually make a mistake and throw an interception to Sneed (that should’ve been the difference in the AFCCG)?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:18 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The defensive line is a piece of shit and Veach has passed on literally DOZENS of opportunities to improve it.

So yeah, I think it’s fair to say by May that he’s put himself in a corner.

It’s Quinn or try to win with a POS line at this point. Oh, and if his plan is ‘well maybe my DL coach can just make chicken salad out of chicken shit, that’s a real bad plan.

He didn’t ‘read the room’ as he was letting all these 2nd tier FAs who would absolutely have helped this team sign elsewhere. He simply got out-hustled.

But like I said - always an excuse. I’m sure this was all part of his master plan of taking the DL that was EASILY this teams Achilles heel last year and effectively treading water. 5D fucking chess, lads…
DERP IF ONLY HE SPENT A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A PASS RUSHER DERP A DERPY DERPPOO
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:19 AM 05-16-2022
That's right, I forgot. If a QB throws an incompletion under pressure, they just get to redo the down.

I forgot about that rule, Tex. You're so smart.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:20 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
DERP IF ONLY HE SPENT A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A PASS RUSHER DERP A DERPY DERPPOO
How do we even contend every year because our GM is so fucking stupid..:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:27 AM 05-16-2022
maybe we'll land Kendrell Bell!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:31 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, he’s not.

Did the Chiefs at least getting pressure against Burrow not cause him to eventually make a mistake and throw an interception to Sneed (that should’ve been the difference in the AFCCG)?
No I'm right..if a team gets pressure and a few sacks then OK. But if a team gets modest "pressure" only whilst their secondary is still getting carved up then said pressure is futile. This team was at the bottom of the sacks tally and it cost us. Nothing effects the qb more than being thrown on the ground and having his drives ended. The last superbowl was a clear example.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:37 AM 05-16-2022
Figured this guy was a longshot to be back anyway. Once Karlaftis was drafted signing with KC for cheap lost a lot of it's allure for Ingram.

"They have their guys", was a reason given on why he wanted out of Pitt.

He wanted maximum value, we wanted cheap. He wants a chance to start, we just drafted "our guy".

And honestly, it's nbd. There's a number of vet pass rushers still on the market who can come on and provide at LEAST as much as what he did.

His saving grace last season was that Jones went back inside.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:38 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I wonder if we are all sleeping on Kaindoh a bit. I know he is labled a bust here already, mainly because of one play in his first game as a rookie vs Cleveland. But going back to his draft status, he tests off the charts. And he was on injured reserve nearly all season. I watched his college highlight video. Yes I know it is a highlight video. And he doesn't look all that much different in what he brings to the table than what Johnson From FSU did this year. Lots of similarities if you watch both of their FSU highlights videos. Here are "testing" results:

His highlight video:

And Jermaine Johnson's highlight video

A lot of simalarities between the two. Maybe this is why we preferrd Karliftis to Johnson in this years draft. Give our 4th round pick last year and our 1st round pick this year a shot, and go from there.
I can appreciate the enthusiasm, Ford wasn't any good until that one season he was.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:40 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
No I'm right..if a team gets pressure and a few sacks then OK. But if a team gets modest "pressure" only whilst their secondary is still getting carved up then said pressure is futile. This team was at the bottom of the sacks tally and it cost us. Nothing effects the qb more than being thrown on the ground and having his drives ended. The last superbowl was a clear example.
Agreed.....I mean I thought it was obvious. The difference between us and the Rams was touching the QB.....oh yea and committing to the run
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:44 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I wonder if we are all sleeping on Kaindoh a bit. I know he is labled a bust here already, mainly because of one play in his first game as a rookie vs Cleveland. But going back to his draft status, he tests off the charts. And he was on injured reserve nearly all season. I watched his college highlight video. Yes I know it is a highlight video. And he doesn't look all that much different in what he brings to the table than what Johnson From FSU did this year. Lots of similarities if you watch both of their FSU highlights videos. Here are "testing" results:

His highlight video:

And Jermaine Johnson's highlight video

A lot of simalarities between the two. Maybe this is why we preferrd Karliftis to Johnson in this years draft. Give our 4th round pick last year and our 1st round pick this year a shot, and go from there.
I really hope Josh Kaindoh isn't the plan. If he surprises, great, but I wouldn't count on anything from him.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 35
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up