View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 15 of 343
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:27 AM 05-28-2022
I don't think Brown is bad, really; I just have always thought he was a weird fit for this offense. I'm not sure about going in financially at the top level on him. I won't complain if they do, I just think maybe it's still a weird fit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 05-28-2022
e already gave up a 1st rounder for him. Now, some others want to give up on him. why?

It was his first year at LT. He was a top ten LT. Now some want to spend another 1st rounder next year? You will be spending more than our bottom feeder first rounder to get a great LT in the draft.

And if the LT is any good, you’re paying him in 3 years. LT’s are expensive. Veach needs those draft picks to maintain the team. We need those draft picks for the salary cap reason but also to keep refreshing the roster so it doesn't get stale or complacent. Think it through fellas, Veach is. I'm sure Veach is not giving him top LT money. But, why over react to an opening position in a negotiation? In Veach we trust.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:42 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
e already gave up a 1st rounder for him. Now, some others want to give up on him. why?

It was his first year at LT. He was a top ten LT. Now some want to spend another 1st rounder next year? You will be spending more than our bottom feeder first rounder to get a great LT in the draft.

And if the LT is any good, you’re paying him in 3 years. LT’s are expensive. Veach needs those draft picks to maintain the team. We need those draft picks for the salary cap reason but also to keep refreshing the roster so it doesn't get stale or complacent. Think it through fellas, Veach is. I'm sure Veach is not giving him top LT money. But, why over react to an opening position in a negotiation? In Veach we trust.
We gave up the equivalent of a 2nd for him. If we get one year on his rookie deal and get a mid to low first/high second back for him in a trade, I'd call that a win.

I'm not saying we need to, I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just spitballing. I thought beforehand he would be a weird fit for this offense, and I still kind of think he is.

I'm good either way, but if he wants to be paid at the top of the league, I don't think that's great value.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
You are assuming we will pick at our usual position. I am not looking at the schedule and our defense. Defense is trash. No pass rush and rookies will get ia losses. It's a transitional year. Next year we have tons of money and 12 picks to fix this defense.
Sorry, not buying it. KC was a 10-11 win team with Alex as our QB. This team is far more talented than you think and will get better as the season progresses.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 AM 05-28-2022
JFC some of you guys are hilarious. Just put Christian in there! Oh just trade Brown Jr and draft a LT! :-)

LT’s are not easy to find. You’d think you guys would realize this. Feel free to find all the LT prospects in the draft that we had any chance to get the last 5 drafts. Because, it’s Christian Darrisaw and Andre Dillard (bust that’s benched).

Let’s put a backup in (how’d that work with Cam Erving again?) or pay multiple 1st rd picks and others to move up to the top part of the draft to get one.

Good players cost money. Especially at positions that are hard to find. Especially to protect your must valuable asset at a satisfactory level.

Just fucking deal with it.
[Reply]
TEX 08:52 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Veach won't cave. Brown is not even close to being the top LT in football. He's not even the top 10. Hell, he was fired from playing LT in Baltimore.
I'd put him in the Top 10, but closer to 10 than 1. While I don't think Varch will cave, I do think Brown's going to commend a much higher salary than his ranking warrants. But if Brown won't compromise and is seriously adamant about being the top paid LT in football, no way I do that right now. I would keep the tag on him and let him play out the season and reevaluate things afterwards. If he is not playing like the Top LT and still wants to be paid as such, I'd move him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:52 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
JFC some of you guys are hilarious. Just put Christian in there! Oh just trade Brown Jr and draft a LT! :-)

LT’s are not easy to find. You’d think you guys would realize this. Feel free to find all the LT prospects in the draft that we had any chance to get the last 5 drafts. Because, it’s Christian Darrisaw and Andre Dillard (bust that’s benched).

Let’s put a backup in (how’d that work with Cam Erving again?) or pay multiple 1st rd picks and others to move up to the top part of the draft to get one.

Good players cost money. Especially at positions that are hard to find. Especially to protect your must valuable asset at a satisfactory level.

Just ****ing deal with it.
Well, I'm certainly not advocating for playing a back-up. The question I'm asking is-is Eric Fisher healthy? I know he wasn't for most of last season. If he was healthy, he's a better fit, in my opinion, for this offense than Brown is. Mightn't we be able to tag and trade Brown, picking up enough draft capital to take the LT of our choice in next year's draft while having a perfectly decent LT this year with a healthy Fisher?

At the very least, you should be able to recoup what we spent to get Brown, which was a mid-2nd. Probably higher, I would think. And for some systems, he's a perfect fit. In KC's pass happy offense, he's an odd fit.

I won't complain either way, I'm just not sure that Brown is worth the top LT salary in football or anything like that.
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Just fucking deal with it.
Good players should cost good money. Not elite money.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:04 AM 05-28-2022
I've said it before in other contexts, but I'll say it again here.

To get to the top, you do whatever you have to do.

To stay on top, it's important to not overpay for production.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:07 AM 05-28-2022
Let him prove it on the tag this year unless they're 100% convinced he's going to be better by leaps and bounds this season with a year at the position and in this offense under his belt, then they have no choice but to extend him and essentially save money at the position down the road. Who's to say that the LT market won't explode like the WR market did? Lots of pieces to the puzzle, here.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:10 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I'm certainly not advocating for playing a back-up. The question I'm asking is-is Eric Fisher healthy? I know he wasn't for most of last season. If he was healthy, he's a better fit, in my opinion, for this offense than Brown is. Mightn't we be able to tag and trade Brown, picking up enough draft capital to take the LT of our choice in next year's draft while having a perfectly decent LT this year with a healthy Fisher?

At the very least, you should be able to recoup what we spent to get Brown, which was a mid-2nd. Probably higher, I would think. And for some systems, he's a perfect fit. In KC's pass happy offense, he's an odd fit.

I won't complain either way, I'm just not sure that Brown is worth the top LT salary in football or anything like that.
He’s definitely not worth Top LT money. I do think that Veach works out some sort of deal that is both team friendly and satisfies Brown. I am fine if they let him go or if they keep him. I do believe though that if they move on from him they are absolutely sure they will be able to sign or draft better than him. This team can cut corners at other positions, but not at protecting #15’s blindside.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're talking common sense. But, that's out the window with professional player salaries. Look at WR salaries. Makes no sense why they escalated so fast. Only reason could be every team wants a top WR. Basic supply vs. demand economics. Every team cant have one. Same with LT's.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:20 AM 05-28-2022
Roughly the #3 offense at roughly #3 toughest schedule in 2021
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:24 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If we picked this piece of shit over Tyreek I'm gonna lose it.
Um... We would be picking him, as well as the draft picks this year and next from Miami, no brainer all day long.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:29 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's not elite money if $65 mill is all that's guaranteed. He will be making about $19-20 mill a year in reality, and in a year you will see that that is fairly reasonable with the Cap increase. This is a no brainer if we can get him at the $65 mill guaranteed figure.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 343
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up