View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 105 of 343
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 07-15-2022
I am listening to 610 and everything they are saying is that Veach wanted a new deal but Orlando didn’t like the guaranteed money structure…as in it looked front loaded with multiple clean ways out.

If thats true, which logically it appears to be, then that’s a good thing bc it shows Veach has learned from his awful Frank Clark contract.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:14 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wonder if Kinnard can play LT? Wylie was serviceable as RT last year
No.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:18 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wonder if Kinnard can play LT? Wylie was serviceable as RT last year
I was just thinking about the possibility of moving Trey Smith over. This is obviously in the future, but he was a LT at Tennessee before his blood clot issues. Thought he might be a little short for the left side, but he compares pretty favorably to Trent Williams coming out physically at least. Don’t really want to mess with the chemistry, but I would definitely consider giving him some 2nd team reps over the next year
[Reply]
dtrain 10:20 AM 07-15-2022
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...ontract-offer/

The Kansas City Chiefs and LT Orlando Brown Jr. are not expected to reach a deal ahead of Friday afternoon’s deadline.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports that Brown Jr.’s agent, Michael Portner, says the two sides weren’t able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. There is still time ahead of the deadline, but this seems to suggest that the sides are too far apart on one particular part of the contract offer to bridge the gap ahead of the deadline.

Pelissero also reports that the Chiefs offered Brown Jr. a six-year contract, which provided the highest signing bonus and average per year for a left tackle in the NFL. Chiefs Wire is told the signing bonus exceeded $30 million and the average per year was around $23.5 million, which is more than Trent Williams received last offseason. Kansas City was willing to fully guarantee the first two years of the contract, just as it would be if he’d play under the franchise tag each year. Brown Jr.’s team decided there was not enough guaranteed money over the life of the contract, ultimately nixing any potential for a deal to take place.

“We got really close,” Portner told Pelissero. “We enjoyed dealing with the Chiefs and we understand their position as well. I’m not gonna let these athletes sign a flashy contract without the substance or security there.”

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported on Thursday evening that the two sides were still talking shop despite reports that they remained far apart on a deal. There is still time for the two sides to come to an agreement and this report could be Brown Jr.’s side trying to get a better offer out of Kansas City before the deadline comes up at 3:00 p.m. CT. Right now, it sounds as if he’ll be playing on the franchise tag, earning a fully-guaranteed $16.6 million for the 2022 NFL season.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:21 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
A lot of assuming he will play on the tag.

When he signs it and shows up I will breathe again.
Think it will be hard for him to pass on the 1 million per game when he has made 3.5 to date. Besides the numbers he wants he needs to show he is a top 3 tackle.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:25 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Think it will be hard for him to pass on the 1 million per game when he has made 3.5 to date. Besides the numbers he wants he needs to show he is a top 3 tackle.
Okay I see the logic. But it's a pretty big assumption he will see it too.

But more concerning, we're talking about a guy who once weighed 450 pounds not working out with the team.

What could go wrong
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:27 AM 07-15-2022
Sounds like the Chiefs offered a deal structured like Hill/Adams contracts, with a ballon year or 2 at the end to push up the AAV and make him highest paid in contract but not actuality.

And he didn’t want to roll with that. Fine. Play on the tag and try again next year or trade him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I am listening to 610 and everything they are saying is that Veach wanted a new deal but Orlando didn’t like the guaranteed money structure…as in it looked front loaded with multiple clean ways out.

If thats true, which logically it appears to be, then that’s a good thing bc it shows Veach has learned from his awful Frank Clark contract.
Find a LT next offseason and then tag and trade Brown.
[Reply]
mabbott 10:32 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He could have been loved in Pittsburgh forever. Now he's just a nobody to every team.
Steeler fans still reminisce about what could have been if Bell and Brown stayed.....
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:32 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
If the window for a deal closes at 2pm I hope we hear a fisher signing announcement at 2:01
Kindly remove yourself from the ledge, chicken little. We have the guy on a 1-year deal with an option for the following year. It’s not markedly different than what we have with JuJu and MVS right now.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:33 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No.
Niang is the guy who once healthy could be an LT option. Still need a vet IMO.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:35 AM 07-15-2022
Deadline is quickly approaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Niang is the guy who once healthy could be an LT option. Still need a vet IMO.
Niang is done, man.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:38 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
What an idiot

Hoping he signs the tender today and joins the team.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kindly remove yourself from the ledge, chicken little. We have the guy on a 1-year deal with an option for the following year. It’s not markedly different than what we have with JuJu and MVS right now.
I know Andy Reid will handle this the best way possible, but my worry now is that OBJ is going to dawdle to sign his tag until after training camp.

And I know training camp and preseason ain't what it used to be and several coaches run their practices UNDER the limit of padded contact and practice hours, etc., but the absolute best case scenario that could come out of this is that the Chiefs break even and Brown is just simply ready to play Week 1.

We've got Super Bowls to win.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 343
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up