Nzoner's Game Room>Browns sign Kareem Hunt
wazu 12:59 PM 02-11-2019

Statement from GM John Dorsey: pic.twitter.com/TUgoBalvkg

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^

We would have been the 5th seed and probably lost to the Ravens on the road... It would have been a circus.
You’d honestly have to be living under a rock for the last several years not to get it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:35 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm thankful for these threads. I'm still trying to determine who the real dumbshits are and threads like these help a lot.
that's very sweet to say. Very thoughtful, kind and gentle. Great loving act of kindness.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:36 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You quoted my post so I assumed you were responding to me.
You had responded to me responding to someone else.

To quote you again directly about you this time (so there is no miscommunication here):

Chief Fan is so ****ing stupid.

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:36 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
So... is there like any chance here we could maybe bring him back after that contract ends. I want him back.
Nah, just let him go. Good RB's are a burden. It's almost always a mistake to pay them, and when they're good and your fan base has an affinity for him, you almost always have to pay him.

We've seen his production replaced. We haven't seen the big plays in the same fashion as Hunt, but they're there. They're just different.

Let some other team get forced into paying him. And i say this as a Kareem Hunt fan, and grudgingly wish him the best in Brown Town.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:37 PM 02-11-2019
Kareem Hunt can stay on his feet. That's his superpower. It's a great power, but not the only one.

For instance, if the Chiefs were to draft a RB with scorching speed that would be a tool that would be useful in my opinion.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:39 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You had responded to me responding to someone else.

To quote you again directly about you this time (so there is no miscommunication here):
I'm quoting your post which indicates that you are now responding to him, explaining that you quoted his quote responding to a separate post. I just wanted in on this! Exciting!
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:41 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Kareem Hunt can stay on his feet. That's his superpower. It's a great power, but not the only one.

For instance, if the Chiefs were to draft a RB with scorching speed that would be a tool that would be useful in my opinion.
you all know I want Hill from OK State.
[Reply]
srvy 02:42 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
& frankly Darrel may be the answer. Def. not trying to overlook him.
What about Charcandrick West? :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:43 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Any chance some of you guys are hiring?

I'm looking for a job where I can lie directly to my boss about a series of violent incidents but keep my job because I'm a high performer.

I had this other job recently where I got fired for - well - getting a little physical with a female, and I'm totally the victim here and everyone I know is now blaming my boss.
Clearly, the NFL has a job for Hunt. There is, literally, zero question about that.

Are you anywhere NEAR as good at your job as Hunt is at his?
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:44 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
What about Charcandrick West? :-)
I was glad he scored one though. He's a nice guy. Yeah he's toast tho
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:45 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
A lie is a lie whats the difference besides you being ok with them.
Do you think the Chiefs would cut Pat for merely lying? What if he hoops it up this weekend at his house?
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:45 PM 02-11-2019
I'd like to see West get a job - I suppose he could contribute to a team who's not good in Special Teams?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:46 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
To be able to not do shit like that again?

There's a little more to this than what happens on Sunday from 12-3 i'd imagine, no?
It appears the Browns are cool with it. I wonder why.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:48 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine being so ****ing stupid that you STILL don’t understand why the Chiefs had to trade Peters and cut Hunt.

Pitt Gorilla is such a ****ing idiot
There have always been two camps on this board. One camp says that there are plenty of good football players out there, thus we don't need to scrape the gutters for low character guys when there are plenty of other options. The other camp doesn't care one iota about a player's character, because the attitude is 'just win baby', and they don't believe having poor character guys around will hurt the team at all. Having a team full of thugs that looks good on paper would please them greatly. "We haven't won with good guys, so we should bring in a bunch of bad guys". It's silly.

The Raiders/Bengals model very rarely results in sustained success in the NFL and bad apples ruin barrels, which the whole league understands except fans of teams that haven't gotten over the hump in the past.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:48 PM 02-11-2019
Clearly, the NFL has a job for Hunt. There is, literally, zero question about that.

Are you anywhere NEAR as good at your job as Hunt is at his?
Probably?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 51
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up