Page 52 of 54
« First < 2424849505152 5354 >
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
And do it INSTANTLY. We're not talking about she re-emerges months later. She gets stabbed mid-torso, lungs, heart, all the good stuff right there with a big gaping hole cut through, and basically hops up and goes back on the aggressive at full strength. That wound should be instant or at the very least near-instant and total death. They just skip right over it like it didn't even happen. This show was awful.
Seems like we're building the proper consensus at this point.

This show was not good. It didn't hold up to the standards set in Mandalorian in terms of storytelling or effects. And while Mando did get a little 'bottle episode' heavy in S2, Season 1 was superb.

With a far more interesting property, that's what we should've expected out of Obi-Wan. We got nothing close to that.

It's okay to be happy to see Ewan back in action but also acknowledge that this show - again - didn't do him or his character justice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was, for the record, one of the dumbest parts in the history of the franchise.

Any of y'all ever pick up a rock? Like, maybe one even the size of a basketball? Fuckers are heavy. Now pick up one the size of a small table. Many of those are gonna be a couple hundred pounds.

So let's be polite here and say it was a 100 lb rock moving at about 40 mph. And I think I'm being generous there as it was likely heavier and faster.

That's gonna be right at 150 kN of force at impact (since evidently doesn't actually get knocked backwards at all to absorb the energy so it's all imparted directly into his body).

Or, y'know, about 32 THOUSAND pounds. Vader gets hit with ONE of those rocks at that speed and it's about 16 tons of force. That rock over Obi's left shoulder probably weighs 500+ pounds so adjust your math accordingly.

"RAAAAWR!!!!"

{gets hit with 50 more of them - gets grumpy rather than literally pulverized}

This show was dumb - unquestionably dumber than it had to be.
[Reply]
wazu 10:39 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was, for the record, one of the dumbest parts in the history of the franchise.

Any of y'all ever pick up a rock? Like, maybe one even the size of a basketball? Fuckers are heavy. Now pick up one the size of a small table. Many of those are gonna be a couple hundred pounds.

So let's be polite here and say it was a 100 lb rock moving at about 40 mph. And I think I'm being generous there as it was likely heavier and faster.

That's gonna be right at 150 kN of force at impact. Or, y'know, 32 THOUSAND pounds. Vader gets hit with ONE of those rocks at that speed and it's about 16 tons of force.

"RAAAAWR!!!!"

The rocks being thrown was the best part of the episode by far for me. Finally Obi-Wan being a badass on a level we've never seen. And it works because I was assuming Vader was using the force to mitigate this damage significantly. He can stop Jedi light sabers with his mind, and pull down a space ship that is trying to take off from the ground, so he can probably use those same skills to deflect a lot of damage. Cause yeah, obviously if he just "takes" it he'd be completely pulverized.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:48 AM 06-29-2022

That's gonna be right at 150 kN of force at impact (since evidently doesn't actually get knocked backwards at all to absorb the energy so it's all imparted directly into his body).

Or, y'know, about 32 THOUSAND pounds. Vader gets hit with ONE of those rocks at that speed and it's about 16 tons of force. That rock over Obi's left shoulder probably weighs 500+ pounds so adjust your math accordingly.

"RAAAAWR!!!!"

FORCE shields, brah.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:58 AM 06-29-2022
They could have saved a bunch of money and just put out the big duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. That was really the only great sequence in the show.

But I was entertained.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:23 AM 06-29-2022
Like i said, i prefer my Vader dream sequence.

In episode 7 Vader wakes up and it was all a nightmare. Reva brings him breakfast in bed and gives him a handjob. The end.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:25 AM 06-29-2022
Your allies have pronouns in their bio.

How does that make you feel?
just a fact of life when you rub elbows with nerds
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 AM 06-29-2022
This show was not good.

[Reply]
Fish 11:36 AM 06-29-2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's hard to be badass when your main supervillain has a helmet shaped like a penis and a box on his chest that looks like it was made in 3rd grade science class, and your bad ass super heroes dress like they're homeless.
[Reply]
loochy 11:50 AM 06-29-2022
Did the series have some silly/ridiculous stuff? Yes.

Did I enjoy watching it? Yes.

Did I pay anything to watch it? No. (we use the in-laws' D+ login)

Final result? Net win.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:55 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:

Did I pay anything to watch it? No. (we use the in-laws' D+ login)

Commie.
[Reply]
loochy 11:56 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Commie.

You say commie.

I say smartie.

We buy netflix and hulu. They buy disney and paramount. We're all black friends.
[Reply]
notorious 11:57 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Like i said, i prefer my Vader dream sequence.

In episode 7 Vader wakes up and it was all a nightmare. Reva brings him breakfast in bed and gives him a handjob. The end.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:42 PM 06-29-2022

[Reply]
Page 52 of 54
« First < 2424849505152 5354 >
Up