ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>The Matrix Resurrections (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:06 AM 09-09-2021

[Reply]
Fish 09:40 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This took me out of it within the first 5 minutes. The first chase scene involved the main character chick miraculously avoiding machine gun fire from SWAT and agents without taking cover. She was legit 20 feet from a couple agents, running away in a straight line, and they missed her. It was ridiculous.

Spoiler!

I'd probably need to re-watch it but I just don't care enough to do so.
Yeah, I get that it's an action movie and you can't expect hyper realism. But come on...

Regarding the spoiler:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 12-23-2021
Is this something I'm going to have to actually pay attention to or can I just have it on while I'm doing document review?

Because I really don't feel like dedicating two hours to watching this.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:13 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Started off promising but lost me after 20-30 minutes realizing this wasn’t a movie to continue the saga.

Spoiler!

To me the movie was a parody of legacy sequels, it was the director mocking moviegoers, telling them to eat this excrement sandwich. Really surprised Keanu signed on to this garbage. 4/10.
Agree with this post 100%. The initial angle they took was original and could have gone to some interesting places but it really is a parody of the earlier movies.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:35 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, I get that it's an action movie and you can't expect hyper realism. But come on...

Regarding the spoiler:

Spoiler!
Regarding the spoilers:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pogue 10:41 AM 12-23-2021
The fan service in this movie wasn't even all that good.. and that's a huge miss because a sequel like this, nearly 20 years later that no one asked for is going to need some legit ass throwbacks.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:50 AM 12-23-2021
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

They really should have brought back Monica Bellucci though. She is so fucking fine.

[Reply]
Pogue 11:12 AM 12-23-2021
Spoiler!

They really should have brought back Monica Bellucci though. She is so ****ing fine.

She made the matrix reloaded, and again, the matrix itself was far more interesting. The reason why revolutions was bad as it was because it spent way too much time on Zion.

Also regarding Agent Smith in Ressurections:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:44 AM 12-23-2021
This sounds like a total piece of garbage, thanks for the heads up
[Reply]
Bowser 11:51 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This. I've come to trust the CP consensus on movies like these over the years. I was planning on seeing this Christmas night, but maybe I'll just go get drunk instead. Sounds like a better payoff, really.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:09 PM 12-23-2021
Meh. I'll still watch it.

Still mad that i didn't see Dune when it was on HBO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:14 PM 12-23-2021
Don't let my comments deter you. I always recommend watching to see for yourself.

I'll just say: if you were expecting something groundbreaking on par with the original, dial back your expectations and you might enjoy it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:19 PM 12-23-2021
Don't let my comments deter you. I always recommend watching to see for yourself.

I'll just say: if you were expecting something groundbreaking on par with the original, dial back your expectations and you might enjoy it.
My only expectations are that the story will be covered in plot armor and the CGI will be terrific.

And those were my expectations before reading any comments. I don't mind dumb movies so long as they're visually appealing enough to capture the imagination.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:51 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It is. Movie was a total embarrassment to the Matrix series.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 12-23-2021
She made the matrix reloaded, and again, the matrix itself was far more interesting. The reason why revolutions was bad as it was because it spent way too much time on Zion.

Also regarding Agent Smith in Ressurections:

Spoiler!
To be fair, that picture is probably 20+ yrs old.

Monica Bellucci is damn near 60 years old these days and has gotten pretty 'angular' as she's aged. I mean still a damn dime for being in her late 50s, but very clearly in her late 50s.

But yeah, it's about damn near impossible to be any hotter than she was in Malena. Late 90s/early 200s Monica Bellucci was pretty near perfection.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:44 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
To be fair, that picture is probably 20+ yrs old.

Monica Bellucci is damn near 60 years old these days and has gotten pretty 'angular' as she's aged. I mean still a damn dime for being in her late 50s, but very clearly in her late 50s.

But yeah, it's about damn near impossible to be any hotter than she was in Malena. Late 90s/early 200s Monica Bellucci was pretty near perfection.
That Monica Bellucci is one hot piece of ace, I know from experience dude, you know what I mean?

[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up