ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>The Matrix Resurrections (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:06 AM 09-09-2021

[Reply]
notorious 08:01 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
She's never been very good looking (honestly I think she was miscast in the original one) but she looks OK for her age I suppose. It could be worse.
This.

Very meh for me all around.
[Reply]
Fish 09:55 PM 12-22-2021
It was just OK. The agents seem to shoot like stormtroopers, to the point that guns are almost meaningless. 5 guys with submachine guns, taken down by one person running around with a bunch of spin kicks, which felt super dumb. The plot seemed a bit lazy. Felt like they recycled quite a bit. The CGI and environment was really well done. The graphics were a huge improvement. But it didn't feel like it paid off like it should have. The capabilities of the characters/villains seemed to aimlessly wander depending on whatever they needed for the plot. It looked very cool in 2K, but left a lot to be desired...
[Reply]
Kman34 10:27 PM 12-22-2021
That was a mess...
[Reply]
notorious 10:31 PM 12-22-2021
Have about an hour left, and I’m about to fall asleep like I did in the middle of Reloaded.

Just can’t keep my internet. I will finish it, just not interested enough to do it in one sitting.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:43 PM 12-22-2021
What an absolute train wreck of a movie. If you can’t create something in the same league as the original don’t even bother. Terrible, disjointed, and terrible.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:19 AM 12-23-2021
I thought it was about as good as Reloaded. 7.5 out of 10. Glad they made it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:23 AM 12-23-2021
It was fine. Certainly much better than I expected and a hell of a lot better than how they ended the original trilogy (which was an absolute mess of a movie). All things considered, a pretty decent attempt to reboot a completely dead series with some expected nostalgia elements although it would have been nice to have brought back Hugo Weaving as Smith instead of another guy trying to replicate that performance.

No matter how many of these they make though (and it definitely appears they hope to make more), I imagine the only definitive great movie will always remain the original.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:39 AM 12-23-2021
Started off promising but lost me after 20-30 minutes realizing this wasn’t a movie to continue the saga.

Spoiler!

To me the movie was a parody of legacy sequels, it was the director mocking moviegoers, telling them to eat this excrement sandwich. Really surprised Keanu signed on to this garbage. 4/10.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:34 AM 12-23-2021
Started off kind of OK, but flawed. Then the flaws spread like ice breaking on a frozen lake and sunk the movie. I got about halfway through and turned it off.
[Reply]
notorious 07:39 AM 12-23-2021
Heh, I did chuckled at some of the jokes it poked at the original trilogy.

The guy playing agent Smith is a decent actor, I liked him in Manhunt, but he just couldn’t match the calm resentment that Hugo Weaving portrayed.

1st movie was unbeatable, 2nd was meh, 3rd was not good, this is meh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:53 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It was just OK. The agents seem to shoot like stormtroopers, to the point that guns are almost meaningless. 5 guys with submachine guns, taken down by one person running around with a bunch of spin kicks, which felt super dumb.
This took me out of it within the first 5 minutes. The first chase scene involved the main character chick miraculously avoiding machine gun fire from SWAT and agents without taking cover. She was legit 20 feet from a couple agents, running away in a straight line, and they missed her. It was ridiculous.

Spoiler!

I'd probably need to re-watch it but I just don't care enough to do so.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:06 AM 12-23-2021
The fan service in this movie wasn't even all that good.. and that's a huge miss because a sequel like this, nearly 20 years later that no one asked for is going to need some legit ass throwbacks.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 08:44 AM 12-23-2021
One thing that really annoyed me was that anytime anyone made any reference at all to the original trilogy they would show a few seconds of old footage while continuing the dialogue. They couldn't even have the new version of Smith show up and belt out a catch phrase without showing original footage. And also they over explained every single little fucking thing. Bleh.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:47 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The fan service in this movie wasn't even all that good.. and that's a huge miss because a sequel like this, nearly 20 years later that no one asked for is going to need some legit ass throwbacks.

Spoiler!
Sweet. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't wrong for refusing to wait around for that payoff that never happened.
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
One thing that really annoyed me was that anytime anyone made any reference at all to the original trilogy they would show a few seconds of old footage while continuing the dialogue. They couldn't even have the new version of Smith show up and belt out a catch phrase without showing original footage. And also they over explained every single little ****ing thing. Bleh.
100% agree.

I hate when movies beat you over the head. You can thank the normal movie viewing moron for that, though. They don’t pay attention or they are too stupid to understand.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up