ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 237 of 256
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:32 PM 12-28-2023
Did anyone play and finish the old “super Star Wars” game?

I’m finding it to be one of the hardest games I’ve ever played !
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:54 PM 12-28-2023
For my roguelike/lite bois, Risk of Rain Returns is an excellent game that feels old-school. I know these games have been trending towards that meta-progression formula that Hades made popular, but there is just something magical about the games that crush your spirit and expect your skills to improve over time, rather than your stats.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:32 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
For my roguelike/lite bois, Risk of Rain Returns is an excellent game that feels old-school. I know these games have been trending towards that meta-progression formula that Hades made popular, but there is just something magical about the games that crush your spirit and expect your skills to improve over time, rather than your stats.
Hey I forgot if you like Returnal you should check out Earth's Shadow on Steam, it's 40% off until January 4th and reminds me of the combat from Returnal.

Pretty impressive being made by one dude.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:26 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Take a look at Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered. They basically recoded it, and it's been pretty fun. I found it free on Gamepass and decided to try it for nostalgia. But I ended up playing it all the way through. Looks really nice with current graphics.
I found this one on PS Store for only $3. Killer deal.

Researched some videos on YouTube and it does look great. My only issue is that the vibe doesn’t match Underground. Seemed like Hot Pursuit features mostly high end cars like Alfa Romeos, BMW, Mercedes, Bentleys, etc. along with more wide open roads in the countryside.

I want some Fast and Furious-type tuners, imports, and muscle cars I can build up and race at night through the city.

Thank you though!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:28 AM 12-29-2023
PS Store is running a deal on the Final Fantasy series that I’m eyeballing now.

I’ve only ever played FF7, FF8, FFX and Tactic. I remember always being upset that I missed out on playing FF9 back when it was released. Thinking I might get that one for $8 for old time’s sake.

And I hear FF6 is kind of a must-play for FF lovers as well so idk. May try that one.

I really don’t have the time for any of these games these days lol
[Reply]
GoShox 02:00 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I’ve only ever played FF7, FF8, FFX and Tactic. I remember always being upset that I missed out on playing FF9 back when it was released. Thinking I might get that one for $8 for old time’s sake.

And I hear FF6 is kind of a must-play for FF lovers as well so idk. May try that one.

FF6 is amazing and I would highly recommend. The pacing is great and the game has some of the best characters in the series. It's basically impossible to rank the FF games in order but if I had to put them in tiers, 6 would be in the top one.

FF9 isn't one of my favorites but a lot of people do love it. Just know that FF9 is reallyyyy slow, but I believe the remastered versions have a way to speed up gameplay which you'll likely want to do and would make battles a lot more bearable. Also you should know that FF9 was made to be a love letter to all the previous games in the franchise, so if you haven't played 1-6, there's a lot that will go over your head.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:08 AM 12-30-2023

Really hoping we can run our own servers with our own rules and mods, looks amazing. Voxel based like Minecraft and Valheim.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:18 PM 12-30-2023

Hello Games(No Man's Sky Devs) Survival/RPG game
[Reply]
Otter 02:40 PM 12-30-2023
[QUOTE=Imon Yourside;17307410]

Did the narrator of that video just say you can play an otter?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:02 PM 12-30-2023
[QUOTE=Otter;17307448]
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

Did the narrator of that video just say you can play an otter?
LOL Rewatched it yes he did say as an Avatar
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:47 AM 01-02-2024

This is gonna be really cool
[Reply]
lcarus 09:33 PM 01-02-2024

Weird fact. FF9 is the only FF game I've ever played. I think I dabbled with the old NES/SNES ones, but I actually got FF9 on PS1 and beat it all the way through.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:38 AM 01-03-2024
I found this one on PS Store for only $3. Killer deal.

Researched some videos on YouTube and it does look great. My only issue is that the vibe doesn’t match Underground. Seemed like Hot Pursuit features mostly high end cars like Alfa Romeos, BMW, Mercedes, Bentleys, etc. along with more wide open roads in the countryside.

I want some Fast and Furious-type tuners, imports, and muscle cars I can build up and race at night through the city.

Thank you though!
Hot Pursuit came out before games like Underground. I wanna say an entire decade or more IIRC. I played the piss out of Hot Pursuit as a kid.

Underground would make a fantastic remake as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:49 AM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

This is gonna be really cool
Oh, this looks like it's right up my alley. Good timing as well, since I'm fairly burned out on Starfield at this point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:52 AM 01-03-2024
They make any Need for Speed that is similar to Underground these days?
Need for Speed Unbound looks like another "Underground" type of installment.

But honestly though, what kind of car modding are you into?

Because the most robust car modding experience i've played was in Forza Horizon. Their Livery editor is 2nd to none. The paints and unlimited livery customizations are excellent.

I've been losing hours in Gran Turismo 7's editor too. Better paints than Forza Horizon 4 (haven't played 5) and you can layer vinyl's in different finishes unlike in FH4. So you could have a metallic paint job and layer matte finished vinyls over it. In FH4 the vinyls are always the same finish as the paint.

However, GT7 doesn't have community uploaded artwork like FH4, which adds a TON of customization options. This puts it way ahead of GT7 imo. The only limit in FH4 is your imagination.

BUT, neither GT7 nor FH have a large collection of ridiculous body kits and over sized spoilers. If THAT's your thing, then neither game will scratch that itch. The exterior body panel modifications for both games are pretty light and basic. They shine with their livery editors and abundant paint colors and finishes.

TL;DR: I'd recommend Forza's Horizon series for unbound customization options and a large open world to play in. The cars are prettier in GT7, but GT7 is not an open world game so you never really get to admire the beauty of your creation during gameplay.

FH isn't as gimicky and arcade-ish as the NFS series, but it doesn't take itself too seriously like Gran Turismo. It's right in the middle.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 256
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Up