ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Covid cases fall sharply in U.S
petegz28 07:59 AM 05-03-2021
Covid cases fall sharply in U.S., Gottlieb calls vaccination campaign ‘monumental achievement’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/02/covi...hievement.html

As of Saturday, the 7-day average of daily new cases fell to under 50,000, down 17% from a week prior.

Hospitalizations and deaths from the disease are also falling. Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb said a precipitous drop in new Covid-19 cases was likely to continue, predicting a “relatively quiet summer when it comes to coronavirus spread.”

More than 100 million people in the U.S. are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or nearly a third of the population.

The physician credited the mass vaccination campaign that got underway under President Donald Trump and has been continued under President Joe Biden for the country’s ability to rein in the spread of the disease.
[Reply]
Donger 12:23 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
So, absolutely no excuse to not be completely opened up with 0 masks then right?
No. I'll let you know when that behavior is approved.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:23 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
So the vaccines are working then?

That's not what I've heard from the nutterbutters
Of course they work. Now since everyone has had an opportunity to get them should be no reason to have a mask mandate then.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:24 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
No. I'll let you know when that behavior is approved.
People have had their shot to get the vaccine. Their choice to take the risk.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:25 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I still know exactly one person who was hospitalized with Covid. One. He recovered fine. Of the 10-15 or so people that I know that tested positive for Covid only a few of them showed symptoms.

You can make the numbers whatever you want. In my day to day life I have not seen the effects of this pandemic. You'd think I live in a bubble, but I don't. I work at a company with about 250 people. We don't wear masks around each other. Never have. If the news didn't tell me there was a pandemic I wouldn't know there was.

Interestingly enough, it's the same for everyone I know except for my extremely left friends. They all know several people that have died from it. "Friends of friends".

I know more people that have died after taking the vaccine than have died from Covid.
Then you are extremely lucky. I've had two friends die. Neither of them fit the profile for at risk either. One mid 30's the other mid 40's. The younger one was really fit and a personal trainer.

I'm far from left.
[Reply]
Donger 12:25 PM 05-04-2021
People have had their shot to get the vaccine. Their choice to take the risk.
Two million Americans per day are still getting their first shot, or the only shot if J&J.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:26 PM 05-04-2021
Two million Americans per day are still getting their first shot, or the only shot if J&J.
And?
[Reply]
Donger 12:27 PM 05-04-2021
And?
And nothing. The numbers are what they are.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:28 PM 05-04-2021
And as I pointed out to you the other day, counties across the entire country are turning down doses because demand is dropping. There is a portion of people that are choosing not to get vaccinated.
[Reply]
Donger 12:29 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And as I pointed out to you the other day, counties across the entire country are turning down doses because demand is dropping. There is a portion of people that are choosing not to get vaccinated.
I've been aware that the daily vaccinations have been dropping for a while. I've also known that there's a good percentage of Americans who will not get vaccinated.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:29 PM 05-04-2021
And nothing. The numbers are what they are.
Their fault and risk for dragging their feet. Everyone has had plenty of time if you want one. Pharmacies are BEGGING people to come get a vaccine
[Reply]
Donger 12:31 PM 05-04-2021
Their fault and risk for dragging their feet. Everyone has had plenty of time if you want one. Pharmacies are BEGGING people to come get a vaccine
I don't disagree with that.
[Reply]
Detoxing 12:33 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Covid cases fall sharply in U.S., Gottlieb calls vaccination campaign ‘monumental achievement’
Thank God for Joe Biden. Greatest president ever.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:34 PM 05-04-2021
as someone who works at one of the health systems Donger's link mentioned, I can say we aren't hearing a lot about it. Not saying the numbers are wrong but no raise of alarm thus far.

I suspect it has something to do with a 30-50 year old getting it being a lot different than a 60-80 year old. Plus since the mass majority of us who work here have been vaccinated, the treatment process is more efficient with just a little less worry about protecting ourselves while treating patients.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:34 PM 05-04-2021
I don't disagree with that.
So, what are the point of masks then again? The people that want protection have gotten it.
[Reply]
Donger 12:37 PM 05-04-2021
So, what are the point of masks then again? The people that want protection have gotten it.
Masks among vaccinated people is virtually pointless. Masks are still helpful in slowing the spread among the unvaccinated.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up