ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Covid cases fall sharply in U.S
petegz28 07:59 AM 05-03-2021
Covid cases fall sharply in U.S., Gottlieb calls vaccination campaign ‘monumental achievement’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/02/covi...hievement.html

As of Saturday, the 7-day average of daily new cases fell to under 50,000, down 17% from a week prior.

Hospitalizations and deaths from the disease are also falling. Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb said a precipitous drop in new Covid-19 cases was likely to continue, predicting a “relatively quiet summer when it comes to coronavirus spread.”

More than 100 million people in the U.S. are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or nearly a third of the population.

The physician credited the mass vaccination campaign that got underway under President Donald Trump and has been continued under President Joe Biden for the country’s ability to rein in the spread of the disease.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:08 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
Huh meaning don't preach to me (not you) about mask and vax protocols and social distancing in my "area of" while COVID positive illegals pour into the country.

one has nothing to do with the other you fucking tard
[Reply]
petegz28 06:05 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm fully vaccinated. I have no idea why you would think I'm not.

That was my bad, I meant to say if you have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:25 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Here's a report in Utah. I can confirm that high schools around North Dakota (where I live) have had these butt****ing morons passing out this shit to students on campus as well. These dumb****s are everywhere.

Those are anti-vaxxers. But I think the only thing separating these ****ing nutjobs with some of the posters here on CP who post negative false shit about the vaccine is the nutjobs aren't lazy about their whacko views and are willing to volunteer their time to their shitbag cause.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...-site-clinics/
You might have to hit them with a limp wrist.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:55 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
You really want to tee that one up here on CP?
Wow, 900 posts in 20 years and we just witnessed one! Howdy!:-)
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:21 PM 05-03-2021
Pray for all the selfish ****ing idiots out there.
You don't think its selfish to demand people do something they don't wish to do to appease your sorry ass?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:42 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
You might have to hit them with a limp wrist.
You're the faggot with the limp wrist, you fucking pussy.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:50 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
It might be an interesting week. Looking forward to seeing the new cases numbers around Wednesday.
Newly diagnosed cases

Last 24 hours

Daily avg. last 7 days

Daily avg. last 30 days

Hospitalized cases

Last 24 hours

Daily avg. last 7 days

Daily avg. last 30 days

Total deaths

Last 24 hours
+768

Daily avg. last 7 days

+632

Daily avg. last 30 days

+679

Total fully vaccinated

Last 24 hours
+2,015,237

Daily avg. last 7 days
+1,235,746

Daily avg. last 30 days
+1,514,592
[Reply]
tooge 10:10 AM 05-04-2021
Get ready for Antivaxxer Standard Argument #1: The virus was in the process of dying out on its own, with or without vaccines.
I'm vaccinated and think others should get it as well. Having said that, the death and case numbers were dropping before the large vaccination numbers started. Why? There were 25 Million documented cases in the US, and although it's somewhat anecdotal, estimates ranged from 3 to 10 times that in actual cases due to non reporting or asymptomatic cases. So it's very possible that some herd immunity was already happening back in January.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:03 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
anecdotal but supposedly one of the local hospitals had to add another Covid ward due to increase in cased of young adults who are not vaccinated.

The numbers I have seen don't seem to support that but who knows.
So the hospital is over run with young covid patients? I'll believe that when I see it.
[Reply]
Donger 12:04 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So the hospital is over run with young covid patients? I'll believe that when I see it.
Hospitalizations rise 135% in Kansas City facility, with young people driving spike

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kansas-cit...ry?id=77436780
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:09 PM 05-04-2021
I was asking rhetorically, but correct. That's what can happen when a virus is allowed to run its course unchecked.
You surely aren't comparing the Spanish Flu to Covid-19?
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:13 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Covid cases fall sharply in U.S., Gottlieb calls vaccination campaign ‘monumental achievement’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/02/covi...hievement.html

As of Saturday, the 7-day average of daily new cases fell to under 50,000, down 17% from a week prior.

Hospitalizations and deaths from the disease are also falling. Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb said a precipitous drop in new Covid-19 cases was likely to continue, predicting a “relatively quiet summer when it comes to coronavirus spread.”

More than 100 million people in the U.S. are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or nearly a third of the population.

The physician credited the mass vaccination campaign that got underway under President Donald Trump and has been continued under President Joe Biden for the country’s ability to rein in the spread of the disease.
I still know exactly one person who was hospitalized with Covid. One. He recovered fine. Of the 10-15 or so people that I know that tested positive for Covid only a few of them showed symptoms.

You can make the numbers whatever you want. In my day to day life I have not seen the effects of this pandemic. You'd think I live in a bubble, but I don't. I work at a company with about 250 people. We don't wear masks around each other. Never have. If the news didn't tell me there was a pandemic I wouldn't know there was.

Interestingly enough, it's the same for everyone I know except for my extremely left friends. They all know several people that have died from it. "Friends of friends".

I know more people that have died after taking the vaccine than have died from Covid.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:17 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Hospitalizations rise 135% in Kansas City facility, with young people driving spike

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kansas-cit...ry?id=77436780
KU Med opened another ward because their initial ward wasn't very big to begin with.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:22 PM 05-04-2021
So, absolutely no excuse to not be completely opened up with 0 masks then right?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:22 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I still know exactly one person who was hospitalized with Covid. One. He recovered fine. Of the 10-15 or so people that I know that tested positive for Covid only a few of them showed symptoms.

You can make the numbers whatever you want. In my day to day life I have not seen the effects of this pandemic. You'd think I live in a bubble, but I don't. I work at a company with about 250 people. We don't wear masks around each other. Never have. If the news didn't tell me there was a pandemic I wouldn't know there was.

Interestingly enough, it's the same for everyone I know except for my extremely left friends. They all know several people that have died from it. "Friends of friends".

I know more people that have died after taking the vaccine than have died from Covid.
Donger just provided you with a link. I'm not sure why your anecdotal experience would trump actual hospital data.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up