ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So who here collects things?
Mecca 04:06 PM 04-25-2021
I figured since it's the off-season this could be fun. I collect funko pops and super hero stuff, I'll post some pics later.

What do you guys have?
[Reply]
In58men 08:23 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I wouldn't have guessed in58men as a fishing lure collector.

When the wife and I go to Pismo Beach she likes to hit up all the antique shops, I’ll only buy from there so it gives me something to look for as well. I don’t go out of my way to find them like eBay or Craigslist. We go to Pismo about once a year, so I’ll only buy one if I come across any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
loochy 09:26 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
When the wife and I go to Pismo Beach she likes to hit up all the antique shops, I’ll only buy from there so it gives me something to look for as well. I don’t go out of my way to find them like eBay or Craigslist. We go to Pismo about once a year, so I’ll only buy one if I come across any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to actually use those jitterbugs when I was a kid.

I never caught a thing on it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:44 AM 04-27-2021
I remember as a kid an ad for a red wing blackbird jitterbug with a largemouth bass jumping out of the water snatching a red wing blackbird off a branch. Thought it was so cool and wanted one real bad.

But like looch said, I don't think I've ever caught anything on a jitterbug either.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:02 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
I started collecting rocks when I was a kid and just stuck with it. I try to get my girls interested in it in case one of them finds it interesting enough to pursue as a career later. They aren’t always into it, but if I’m able to take them somewhere that we can collect something with crystals or lots of color in it then they are way more into it.
My wife seems to like rocks as well, her dad being a geologist might have something to do with it maybe, just picked up a bunch of large fuchsite for the garden for some odd reason recently.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:05 AM 04-27-2021
I collect pins for all the places we visit. They look nice, are pretty cheap, and are good way to display wherever you visit without taking up much space. Usually do similar with magnets as well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:11 AM 04-27-2021
I also get a rock from each trip to the national parks or monuments we visit plus any other neat ones from a special long hike or something.
[Reply]
rtmike 01:42 PM 04-27-2021
Up in my attic I have a Hot Wheels collection and several baseball cards that I have no idea who I have.
Also have a Stomper collection. They sell for $100 + @ piece in good shape, lol.
Luckily I always wrapped my stuff with paper towels, rags to cut down on scratches, lol.

Now, it's rc. I have a few trucks from a manufacturer that was sued over its design and quit selling in US because of a shady patent judge in Texas.
[Reply]
rtmike 01:50 PM 04-27-2021
And speaking of rocks.
We were downtown Portland @ the new Chinese garden setting large rocks they shipped in from China.
Yep, I had to ask for a couple "throw aways". Chinaman dude loled at me and pointed at all the rocks in staging area. I just got a couple but figured why not, everything else we own come from China, lol.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:00 PM 04-27-2021
Evel Knievel memorabilia and toys etc. (my favorite piece is two X-rays of his broken bones that I bought from his estate when he passed away)

And old flashlights.

Used to collect Handheld electronic games from the 70's/80's, BURGIE! beer memorabilia, and electronic motion beer signs. Sold off all that stuff in the early 2000's
[Reply]
In58men 02:09 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I remember as a kid an ad for a red wing blackbird jitterbug with a largemouth bass jumping out of the water snatching a red wing blackbird off a branch. Thought it was so cool and wanted one real bad.

But like looch said, I don't think I've ever caught anything on a jitterbug either.
I was sold on those banjo minnow infomercials.
[Reply]
chinaski 02:13 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I used to actually use those jitterbugs when I was a kid.

I never caught a thing on it.
Great, great lure. You gotta use them when they are hitting on Topwater tho. I prefer Hula Poppers, but Jitterbugs are pretty damned fun too. And hour before and after Dawn/Dusk in the Summertime, at least on the small lake I fish, is a great topwater bite.
[Reply]
luv 03:00 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
I started collecting rocks when I was a kid and just stuck with it. I try to get my girls interested in it in case one of them finds it interesting enough to pursue as a career later. They aren’t always into it, but if I’m able to take them somewhere that we can collect something with crystals or lots of color in it then they are way more into it.
Luckily, we had a boy, so he just wants to take all of the rocks home...lol.
[Reply]
eDave 03:05 PM 04-27-2021
I've developed a weird fascination with collecting vape cartridge boxes. Timeless has the best, IMO.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:10 PM 04-27-2021
Redhed collects souls.
[Reply]
seclark 03:18 PM 04-27-2021
arrowheads, axes, celts, etc
since i was a little kid
found them in creeks, rivers, worked fields all over missouri
i've posted pics of some of them in an older thread around here somewhere
sec
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8