ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 172
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 12:56 PM 06-07-2013
Currently on an 85 virago 700. Its my second bike. I love it. Great for putting around town. Even taken it on a few road trips. I'm ready to upgrade but the budget isn't there yet. Plan to get a HD road glide when I graduate and get a better job.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 12:59 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
God, I feel like such a newb sometimes. One sec while I do some reading.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-metric-motorcycle
Ah, got it now. Also had to see what one being bobbed out means...which I completely see now, I really don't like the look of the huge fenders.

Yeah, the boulevard is one I wish I would have done now. I thought I'd keep looking because my 6'2 size didn't like the peg location and my leg was cramping when I went for a ride on it with the guy, but I thought afterwards that that is probably one of the easiest things on a bike I'd ever have to change, but when I checked a week ago he'd already sold it.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:02 PM 06-07-2013
Here is my "gold digging bitch"
Attached: 101_0510.jpg (152.3 KB) 
[Reply]
seaofred 01:08 PM 06-07-2013
I'm on my first bike. It's a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom 900. I've had it for about 3 years. I think my next bike will be a Harley Rocker C or a Victory Hammer or 8-ball.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:13 PM 06-07-2013
I ride a ' 03 Suzuki volusia intruder 805. My next one will be a honda goldwing
Attached: 03volusia.jpg (37.6 KB) 
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 01:24 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Hate to drop coin on a HD only to drop it in a parking lot, or crash it.
This got me thinking on this part of the unknown for me too. How many of you have crashed a bike? How many have dropped it one time or another?

In the riding class I took to learn how to ride, I came close once, but never dropped the training bike, although the others in the class both did so several times. We rode Buell Blasts, which the instructor said were harder to ride than most anything else people would ever buy. The others were still killing those things the final day of the class.

I've only ridden once since the class, on the Boulevard I mentioned, and it was definitely easy to ride. The guy that owned it went with me, and I didn't get any time at all to get used to it, just hopped on and followed him out of the driveway for a ride from Luisberg to Archie and back and the main problems was my leg cramping from the foot peg being too close, and scraping the bottom when we got back to his house when I turned too sharp, which did definitely freak me the hell out...although I kept it on the road when I came out of the turn to stop the scrape.

I guess the point is, would people like the other two in class with me be more typical for beginning riders? Or would they just be hopeless. One of them was in her 60's and had ridden with her husband for years and years, so she knew bikes, just hadn't driven herself.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:33 PM 06-07-2013
In '88 I had a 250 enduro. I got cut off by a School bus, bounced down the side until the front tire got caught in the rear wheelwell at which point I was summersaulted off the bike, landed face down and slid 20' on the pavement. I walked away with a cut on my leg and a busted lip. I've had no mishaps since (knock on wood)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:54 PM 06-07-2013
Ah, got it now. Also had to see what one being bobbed out means...which I completely see now, I really don't like the look of the huge fenders.

Yeah, the boulevard is one I wish I would have done now. I thought I'd keep looking because my 6'2 size didn't like the peg location and my leg was cramping when I went for a ride on it with the guy, but I thought afterwards that that is probably one of the easiest things on a bike I'd ever have to change, but when I checked a week ago he'd already sold it.
Yep. :-) Learning already lol.
I'm 6'0 about 240 and my 650 was good on leg room. not great, but not bad either. You can always install different front pegs too.

Also another thing to consider is: Ride Your Own Ride. Meaning, get what YOU want, and not what others will deem cool/uncool. Ride in YOUR comfort level/skill. I've found a lot of guys criticize Sportsters, but have never ridden one. Sure, the 800 may not be a screamer but will suffice for 90% of your riding. 1100 will have more than enough. Both will put a smile on your face from a power standpoint.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:56 PM 06-07-2013
This got me thinking on this part of the unknown for me too. How many of you have crashed a bike? How many have dropped it one time or another?
:-) Not me. Ok....well, I've done both.:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:59 PM 06-07-2013

I've only ridden once since the class, on the Boulevard I mentioned, and it was definitely easy to ride. The guy that owned it went with me, and I didn't get any time at all to get used to it, just hopped on and followed him out of the driveway for a ride from Luisberg to Archie and back and the main problems was my leg cramping from the foot peg being too close, and scraping the bottom when we got back to his house when I turned too sharp, which did definitely freak me the hell out...although I kept it on the road when I came out of the turn to stop the scrape.

I guess the point is, would people like the other two in class with me be more typical for beginning riders? Or would they just be hopeless. One of them was in her 60's and had ridden with her husband for years and years, so she knew bikes, just hadn't driven herself.
ahh yeah. the first peg gring. lol. Spooked the shit out of me too.

I think everyone is different. A lot of it, in my opinoin, is about seat-time and how much you ride. It can some what depend on the bike too. Buels, from what I've heard, have tall gears so maybe thats what people were having problems with moving from a dead-stop. Needing to ride the cluth a bit.
[Reply]
houstonwhodat 02:04 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Disclaimer,
None of these photos are actually of my bikes in the garage

I own multiple bikes, and am always on the lookout for more.
Picked this 2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC up last year. I live in the Northeastern Part of Iowa and do a lot of Trout fishing. So this thing is perfect to hit gravel roads and grind about.
About 94 HP and very elastic. I put Jesse Bags on, Engine gaurds, Safari Lights.
Great Dirt Rocket indeed.

I restored this on last year with my son. Its a 1973 Yamaha 100 LT2, my bar bike and let me tell you it attracts chicks. Has less then 500 Miles on it.

We barn finded a 1977 Maico early this spring. It has the Radial head on it. It is pretty complete with decent plastic, coffin tank and hope to complete it this spring.

Who the hell's bikes are these?

I grew up riding all these vintage bikes. Raced Suzuki TM's before there were RM's.

Love the Yamaha Enduro's. They let you ride 2 strokes up there?
[Reply]
AphexPhin 02:06 PM 06-07-2013
wouldn't even dare try owning one. Go ahead and call me a pussy I dont care. You could easily get killed riding one of those things
[Reply]
Dayze 02:06 PM 06-07-2013
that Triumph is nice.

Triumphs have a sweet spot in my heart. Quirky bastards.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:07 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by AphexPhin:
wouldn't even dare try owning one. Go ahead and call me a pussy I dont care. You could easily get killed riding one of those things
Ever ridden a Honda Troll?
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 02:12 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
ahh yeah. the first peg gring. lol. Spooked the shit out of me too.

I think everyone is different. A lot of it, in my opinoin, is about seat-time and how much you ride. It can some what depend on the bike too. Buels, from what I've heard, have tall gears so maybe thats what people were having problems with moving from a dead-stop. Needing to ride the cluth a bit.
It is hard to describe on the Buells, it was like the gear switching clanked and clicked when you were gearing on the move. Even the last day there were times where I had to work to get it into the next gear. At the bottom I never had any problems, just treated it like back in the day when I was 10 and had to get a tractor moving with a trailer of 300 bales that weren't tied down and uncles that would give me shit if I lost part of the load. Back then I probably rubbed the clutch too much, I was happy as a hog with hogfarmer when the guy at the class said you can't really rub a clutch on a bike too much.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 172
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up