ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 172
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:11 PM 05-02-2021
Super fun day yesterday... We met at a friends house to start the day with some driver's bloody marys, made our way to Wabash BBQ for some first servings of the day BBQ, stopped at at Fence Stile winery for a bit of a tasting, then to Richmond, MO for the Mushroom festival (where you won't find a mushroom), had "refreshments" at the local pizza joint, then made our way to Lexington where we stopped at a joint called The Heist" for the pre-river road ride... We ended the day eating at the Italian restaurant where my son works, then over to one of the riders houses to watch Bottle Shock (a great movie) and sip on some actual Chateau Montelena (yeah, the dude is a fan of the movie and the wine high lighted in the movie...).

A decent number of miles, lots of stops, great friends, and a day for the books...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:53 AM 05-03-2021
you lost me at Walbash BBQ.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:13 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
you lost me at Walbash BBQ.
http://www.wabashbbq.com/
[Reply]
Dayze 01:31 PM 05-03-2021
That area up in Excelsior is a fun area to ride. Just far enough out of town, but not too far. fun roads to just circle around the area.

we usually pop in at Wabash as well for a quick sammich and a Dr. Pepper.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:38 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
That area up in Excelsior is a fun area to ride. Just far enough out of town, but not too far. fun roads to just circle around the area.

we usually pop in at Wabash as well for a quick sammich and a Dr. Pepper.
What? You go riding with Rain Man?

Love me some Dr. Peppers
[Reply]
Dayze 03:10 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
What? You go riding with Rain Man?

Love me some Dr. Peppers
we have matching Apricot motorcycles.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:31 AM 05-04-2021
I don't do bubbly drinks, but I did like their ice tea.

And yes, that area makes for a great ride. 224 along the river between Lexington and Napoleon is pretty cool. And Lexington is always a fun stop. And 13 between Lexington and Warrensburg is pretty cool too.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:50 PM 05-07-2021
I've been there done that. Has it suddenly got better or was there a great band?

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
http://www.wabashbbq.com/

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:46 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I've been there done that. Has it suddenly got better or was there a great band?
It was fine. Why don't you just keep acting like a cunt-ass BBQ critic who so much as boil water.

Dick head.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:25 PM 05-07-2021
I never saw anything special there other than the building and the bands, and that was 25 years ago.

It's not picking on them but, sometimes it was shit, sometimes good, rarely excellent. See my posts from 3 years ago. I have been back a few times but still not impressed.

Walbash sucked back in the day, concerts on the slabs were sometimes notable but nobody has convinced me to return for BBQ.

Maybe it's got better but IMHO Wyandotte BBQ would be a better choice for BBQ.

Dayz in real life..Itchy asshole

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It was fine. Why don't you just keep acting like a ****-ass BBQ critic who so much as boil water.

Dick head.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:28 AM 06-15-2021
Pics from the ride my son and I took last Sunday. Good times...

CHIEEEEEEEEEEEFS!

[Reply]
Graystoke 07:56 AM 06-15-2021
Nice!
I need a photo of my machine at Arrowhead.
Would be a long trip though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:44 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Nice!
I need a photo of my machine at Arrowhead.
Would be a long trip though.
Yeah, it's been a good week of riding. Both my son and wife passed their riding and written tests, and the son has been wanting to ride almost every evening. LOL, they can't get an appointment at the DMV until we get back from vacation to have their M endorsement added to their license. No worries, the police officers we know say they're good as long as the bikes/they are insured (and they are), and they carry the card.

But with a 16yo kid on a bike I want lots of riding time with him, and on progressively more interesting rides to make sure he's good. But the 375 miles we've done over the past week have been very helpful. So far he's done exceedingly well.

And I can't express how cool and convenient Bluetooth Comms are. We've gone from having them on all the time to only chatting about something we feel needs to be pointed out or needs discussing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:39 PM 07-01-2021
A great Father's day gift that arrived while we were out of the country. Nice return home present...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:39 PM 07-01-2021
A great Father's day gift that arrived while we were out of the country. Nice return home present...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:45 PM 07-04-2021
I've started "planning" the rides with my younger son, hopefully Mrs. GloryDayz soon. These are the rides from the last three days. Good times, and he's getting better. And as a 16yo that matters.

7/2 - a ride to Leavenworth, KS.

7/3 - the "River Run" ride from Napoleon to Lexington MO

7/4 - a ride to Chilhowee, MO

Good times.

[Reply]
Page 169 of 172
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172 >
Up