ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Biden Administration Official Will Not Commit to Reopening Schools by the Fall
petegz28 10:42 AM 05-03-2021
Biden Administration Official Will Not Commit to Reopening Schools by the Fall
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...ening-n2588860

This Admin is becoming a fucking joke.
[Reply]
loochy 05:26 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This should be up to parents and local school districts
It is.
[Reply]
loochy 05:27 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
The position is that if you fear COVID, you should lose your job?
No, if you don't come to work you should lose your job.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:01 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
They should be open now. Teachers not wanting to teach because of covid should be fired now. They are essential workers and don't seem to mind that other essential workers kept them fed while they laid back and got paid.
Originally Posted by loochy:
No, if you don't come to work you should lose your job.
Where do you think the replacements for those teachers are going to come from? I have doubts that there's an overabundance of available teachers waiting to take those spots. So you'd end up with 50 kids per class or some ridiculous shit. That'd be some great education.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:42 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Where do you think the replacements for those teachers are going to come from? I have doubts that there's an overabundance of available teachers waiting to take those spots. So you'd end up with 50 kids per class or some ridiculous shit. That'd be some great education.
Story in MPLS red star saying half of people with teaching licenses are not teaching or teaching in public schools.

I get it. Even if all of those people wanted to work, schools would not hire them because of budgets.

I could not tell anyone to become a teacher in a metro public school. It would be difficult for me to tell them to get a teaching degree.

IF everyone was fired that refused to teach...there are no qualified replacements for many of them.

Lots of:
English
Social Studies
PE
Life Science

Few of:
Math
Tech ed
Earth Science-general
Physics
Consumer Science
Music
[Reply]
F150 06:47 AM 05-04-2021

Air Traffic Controllers say hi
[Reply]
Shields68 06:49 AM 05-04-2021
Doubt they would quit. But so what. Schools need to do what is best for the children. The science says they should be reopened. Teachers face a bigger risk out in public then in schools.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:56 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This should be up to parents and local school districts
It is. Ridiculous thread.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:05 AM 05-04-2021
Wichita schools have been open for months. Businesses and restaurants barely closed down at all. Pretty much business as usual around here, and has been for quite some time. I guess we should all be hiding in our basements, but we don't really give a fuck.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:15 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Wichita schools have been open for months. Businesses and restaurants barely closed down at all. Pretty much business as usual around here, and has been for quite some time. I guess we should all be hiding in our basements, but we don't really give a fuck.
We know it is political, not medical.

MInny basically shut down. Dem Gov and in power.

Schools are open here on a limited basis. 4 days a week.

New school has been open all year long, few cases, most transmissions are believed to be out of school, caused by sports. We all wear masks. All teachers in our building have at least one shot.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up