ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:30 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mahomes, Reid and Kelce are covering up a lot of our worts on the offensive line and defense.

Look at what we did with our top picks/trades with picks from 18-21 under Veach:

Speaks
Thornhill
Hardman
Clyde
Orlando Brown

That is a pretty dismal return and it’s hurting us right now
Mcduffie
Pacheco
Creed
Trey
Snead
Bolton
Willie gay
Jaylen Watson
Noah gray
Karlaftis

Still plenty of upside for skyy, chenal, and several other picks the past 2 years.

Over 75% of our picks are still here. Majority of them still starters. With almost all our picks on the very bottom of each round. This for a team that has traded a lot of high round picks the past few years for free agents. Think your expectations are way too lofty.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:30 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
No, fucked by it being apparently impossible to find a quality LT or DE in the draft since those are taken high in the first round, rendering us unable to find one.
It’s the price that’s paid for being good. Now they could luck into one, but that’s not always a given. This team is 9-3 and many on here are already wanting to fire/blame as many as they can. It’s insufferable now and I can’t imagine what it would be like if this team was actually drafting top 10.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:32 AM 12-05-2022
Veach has been outstanding at rounding out a complete roster. He has two big whiffs which left a hole in obj and clark. But we will move past that next year, and we have plenty of cap space to try again.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:35 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Mcduffie
Pacheco
Creed
Trey
Snead
Bolton
Willie gay
Jaylen Watson
Noah gray
Karlaftis

Still plenty of upside for skyy, chenal, and several other picks the past 2 years.

Over 75% of our picks are still here. Majority of them still starters. With almost all our picks on the very bottom of each round. This for a team that has traded a lot of high round picks the past few years for free agents. Think your expectations are way too lofty.
Great post. For those who want to see the world negatively they only see the picks that didn’t hit, not the ones that did. Veach isn’t perfect, but I would love to see a GM currently that has better success than him while drafting late in each round the past four years. This team can still improve, but to blame him for this loss is misguided lashing out post loss that is the standard for some on here.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:39 AM 12-05-2022
They haven't drafted poorly just some guys aren't what they're supposed to be...Frank Clark overpaid, Chris Jones didn't show up...

Juan Thornhill is a JAG.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:45 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Veach has been outstanding at rounding out a complete roster. He has two big whiffs which left a hole in obj and clark. But we will move past that next year, and we have plenty of cap space to try again.
The biggest whiff with Clark was the structure of his contract. He was good in Seattle and there was no way of knowing at the time he would have been this bad this fast. Thankfully the Chiefs can move on after this year.

Orlando Brown Jr also wasn’t bad in hindsight as KC also got Creed and Bolton out of it. They tried to get Trent Williams, but he chose to stay in SF. They got Brown Jr. for cheap last year and offered him a reasonable contract this year which he rejected. As such KC franchised him forcing him to bet on himself. KC refused to reset the LT market for him. That’s a good thing for the Chiefs as he will either play like the best LT in football and get the contract he wants or he won’t and the Chiefs let him walk.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 12-05-2022
McDuffie was outstanding yesterday.

Trent McDuffie vs Ja’Marr Chase:

• 3 TARGETS
• 1 CATCH ALLOWED
• 8 YARDS
• 42.4 PASSER RATING ALLOWED

The Chiefs rookie corner showed he has the ability to be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL�� @ChiefsFocus #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/CZy24zQI0G

— Chiefs Kingdom (@ChiefsFan4Lyfe) December 5, 2022

We just need some pass rush. And George has gotten better but we need a couple of guys
[Reply]
tredadda 10:48 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
McDuffie was outstanding yesterday.

We just need some pass rush. And George has gotten better but we need a couple of guys
I noticed that yesterday. He was very good when he was on Chase. I honestly didn’t expect that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 12-05-2022
That was the lone bright spot of the defense for me.

McDuffie showed he could cover guys like Chase and Higgins.

That's fucking huge. Everything about this guy so far screams future All-Pro.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:55 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They haven't drafted poorly just some guys aren't what they're supposed to be...Frank Clark overpaid, Chris Jones didn't show up...

Juan Thornhill is a JAG.
Thornhill has never been the same since his injury. He was trending positively before then.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:02 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
No, fucked by it being apparently impossible to find a quality LT or DE in the draft since those are taken high in the first round, rendering us unable to find one.
I know it was decades ago and probably hard for some to remember, but once a team coming off a 12-4 season was AS IF BY PURE MAGIC able to draft a franchise QB by trading up to the 10th spot.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 11:04 AM 12-05-2022
We lead the league in pecentage of players drafted in last 4 years that are still on the active roster.

Veach is great at drafting players but maybe can't find the top stud guys.

We are going to have to find a way to get top players to fill both line positions.

I still think we should move Thuney to left tackle and then fill LG and RT in the draft/free agency. Will be much cheaper than keeing OBJ and we should be able to get a decent player in round 2 in each position or for a lot cheaper than OBJ in free agency.

We can then draft an edge in the first round.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I know it was decades ago and probably hard for you to remember, but once a team coming off a 12-4 season was AS IF BY PURE MAGIC able to draft a franchise QB by trading up to the 10th spot.
This is gonna sound funny I'm sure but Mahomes had enough questions to drop to trade area. DE is so much about just pure talent those guys don't fall, Thibodeux was that guy of DE's and look how high he still went.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:13 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I know it was decades ago and probably hard for some to remember, but once a team coming off a 12-4 season was AS IF BY PURE MAGIC able to draft a franchise QB by trading up to the 10th spot.
It’s also worth it to trade that high for a QB. KC still had Alex which meant QB didn’t appear to be on their radar. That’s why they could trade high. The league knows this team could use a DE and probably a LT. Trading that high will be hard, while hoping the guy you get justifies the picks. KC’s best approach would be to identify solid players they like that make it into the late teens/early 20s and trade up and trust this staff to develop them.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 12-05-2022
The biggest issue is just the dearth of production from Clark. If you take him out and insert, say....Ngakoue there we're better.

Go sign a few guys like that.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up