Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How to Live to 120
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:20 AM 04-20-2024
Pretty interesting stuff here.

[Reply]
Rausch 12:30 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
With the way things are going in the world and here in the US, the last thing I want to do is live another 60 years.
That's the problem with a long life - it's not one in THIS world, your last bit will be in someone else's. Yours will be gone long before you are...
[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's the problem with a long life - it's not one in THIS world, your last bit will be in someone else's. Yours will be gone long before you are...
Well that's the most depressing fucking thing I've read on here in some time.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:40 PM 04-20-2024

[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:44 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was at a funeral once and noticed one of the Mr/Mrs plots showed the husband dying at I think 85 and the wife was like 104... imagine having a long, full life with your spouse and then living another two decades.

I've always thought, despite so many people who say 80+ years isn't enough and life is short, that I'd be ready to die at that point.... I might change my mind if I get there, but thinking I'm not even halfway to 90 is kind of mind boggling.
My Father in Law passed away when he was 65...my mother in law just passed away last year at 85....

While she was a great mother in law...you could see the light in her eyes fade each year she was without him. And each time one of her close friends or family would pass, it would affect her even more.

If not for my kids, her only grandkids, I truly think she would have been lost.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:53 PM 04-20-2024
My wife will probably outlive me....just based on the genetics of her mom and her maternal grandma.

I pretty much think...based on my health issues, that my expiration date will probably be around 80...she will probably live another 10 years after that.

The funny thing is that reading the go-go, some-go and no-go comment, I am a bit different. I spent way too much of my working life being on the go...traveling to every state except a couple. I seriously am over getting on a plane to go anywhere these days....I have no desire to unless I am traveling to see a Chiefs Super Bowl in person.

I think I will forever be a some-go person....go where I want some of the time and just freaking relax here in FL never having to shovel snow or drive on ice.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:58 PM 04-20-2024
Jumping Jacks and pork
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:58 PM 04-20-2024
money would run out like 20 years into your retirement unless you are bigredchief
[Reply]
wazu 04-20-2024, 12:59 PM
This message has been deleted by wazu. Reason: .
Mosbonian 01:08 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
money would run out like 20 years into your retirement unless you are bigredchief
Not if you choose the.right cat food and live in a trailer.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:10 PM 04-20-2024
Trailer is always going to get hit buy a tornaughto
[Reply]
Holladay 01:52 PM 04-20-2024
Genetics is on my side, which can be good or bad. G-moms-99.5y & 93y, G-pa's 96y & 93, G-aunt/uncles all +90y. My Dad last year at 86y in his sleep. Both sides all live long.

This is good and bad, as many of the above comments have evidenced.

One item I don't think was mentioned, cost of living longer ie. Nursing Homes are not cheap. One of my G-pa's & G-mom's lived in assisted living for 6-10 yrs. He was worth +800k...at death ~200k. I didn't have LTC (Long Term Care).

So, not only was his quality of life diminished (he was wheel chair bound), he watched his legacy diminish as well. His gift was his attitude. He was the President of the KC chapter of the Optimist Club. (actually existed!)

As mentioned, I don't care how long I live as long as I can basically do what I want. Then take me out with #1 in my sleep, #2 on the golf course by a massive myocardial infarction (the 10 yro in me loves that term), Nuptial Bliss as Genghis Khan went on his 7 marriage bed, #4 Cement Truck.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:57 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Jumping Jacks and pork
I approve this message!
[Reply]
DaFace 02:39 PM 04-20-2024
No, thanks.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:51 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Genetics is on my side, which can be good or bad. G-moms-99.5y & 93y, G-pa's 96y & 93, G-aunt/uncles all +90y. My Dad last year at 86y in his sleep. Both sides all live long.

This is good and bad, as many of the above comments have evidenced.

One item I don't think was mentioned, cost of living longer ie. Nursing Homes are not cheap. One of my G-pa's & G-mom's lived in assisted living for 6-10 yrs. He was worth +800k...at death ~200k. I didn't have LTC (Long Term Care).

So, not only was his quality of life diminished (he was wheel chair bound), he watched his legacy diminish as well. His gift was his attitude. He was the President of the KC chapter of the Optimist Club. (actually existed!)

As mentioned, I don't care how long I live as long as I can basically do what I want. Then take me out with #1 in my sleep, #2 on the golf course by a massive myocardial infarction (the 10 yro in me loves that term), Nuptial Bliss as Genghis Khan went on his 7 marriage bed, #4 Cement Truck.
I am hoping I take one last trip to DisneyWorld with my kids and their spouses....the night we get back my kids are spending the night. I say good night and thanks them.for this last trip and go to bed that night and and pass peacefully in my sleep.

I don't want to burden my family with a Nursing center....having volunteered at one and seeing how many Seniors are put in one and no one visits, I don't want.that for me or my family.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Unless we end up in a world like the Jetsons, who the hell wants to live to 120?
As long as Im not in pain. I do. Thats alot of Chiefs games.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:54 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Trailer is always going to get hit buy a tornaughto
Yeah but at least here in Florida we are not Tornado Alley
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up